VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Honestly, no.

Tara has that vibe that she does what she wants then moves on. Seems she's done it before.

Making her a love interest removes that and normalises her. It would make her boring and remove her edge.
Not agree. I don't see how that making Tara a love interest would remove her personality and make her boring. On the contrary, Tara could be a manipulative partner, someone who obligates Viv to do anything that Tara desires if she wants to be with her. Viv would try to satisfy her, but would never reach her. Tara would be that unreacheable obscure object of desire who plays with Viv feelings. Tara would continue to do what she wants, even in a more sinister way. I was not talking about a normal romance. That's why I said it would be something dark, something about pure domination.

Reactions: bcool

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I think Tara fits that description already. I think her goal, like all the previous women Vivian has encountered, is submission -- but as a choice. And she'll keep presenting new choices to Viv until she, too, submits. Not to say this is the goal of the game, just Tara's.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I think Tara fits that description already. I think her goal, like all the previous women Vivian has encountered, is submission -- but as a choice. And she'll keep presenting new choices to Viv until she, too, submits. Not to say this is the goal of the game, just Tara's.
But with Tara it would not be like with the other women, she is a supernatural entity. Actually, there is a term for what I propose: Succubus. A demon that consumes your spirit through seduction. That would have other proportions, something much more intense. We don't want Tara to just pull the strings behind the curtains, do we? Seducing Vivian is essential.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not agree. I don't see how that making Tara a love interest would remove her personality and make her boring. On the contrary, Tara could be a manipulative partner, someone who obligates Viv to do anything that Tara desires if she wants to be with her. Viv would try to satisfy her, but would never reach her. Tara would be that unreacheable obscure object of desire who plays with Viv feelings. Tara would continue to do what she wants, even in a more sinister way. I was not talking about a normal romance. That's why I said it would be something dark, something about pure domination.
You asked if that's something i'd want and I answered. There is no debate about it, I don't want to see Tara as a love interest.

She does her thing and moves on, that's her entire purpose. After she specifically said it would be bad for Viv's health to get close, getting close would be silly.

Reactions: stardustgalaxy

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
She does her thing and moves on, that's her entire purpose. After she specifically said it would be bad for Viv's health to get close, getting close would be silly
Not really. This Scene could lead that vivan want's to "reach" this "forbidden" fruit. Like the Mom scenes suggest that vivan want's to reach this forbidden fruit.

Like "ashitanojoe" says it could be a dark themed Connection. With BDSM and Orgies. It would be only a one Side "Love interest" (Viv loves Tara) but Tara don't give a Shit and manipulate Vivan that she should seduce her Environment so Tara can have even more Play things.
It would make sense that Tara loves orgies and be in Control.

So yes, it could be that Tara is also one of the options. Or at least it could be a "Bad Ending" with her and not a full on Route.

I honestly don't think that the Developer just inserted her just to push Vivian and others to lesbianism. There must be another purpose. I mean, just look at the Developers Profile picture here. Tara as a (lesbian) Devil. So it very much could be her involvment that the City has mostly lesbian and bisexual Womans there (like the reporter says about this rumor). Do you really think she wouldn't take any advantage with that? Even if it is just sex, she would be the "Main Alpha" here and Vivian just one of her subordinate (when you chose that you (Vivian) should be more outgoing and dominante) in one Route.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not really. This Scene could lead that vivan want's to "reach" this "forbidden" fruit. Like the Mom scenes suggest that vivan want's to reach this forbidden fruit.

Like "ashitanojoe" says it could be a dark themed Connection. With BDSM and Orgies. It would be only a one Side "Love interest" (Viv loves Tara) but Tara don't give a Shit and manipulate Vivan that she should seduce her Environment so Tara can have even more Play things.
It would make sense that Tara loves orgies and be in Control.

So yes, it could be that Tara is also one of the options. Or at least it could be a "Bad Ending" with her and not a full on Route.

I honestly don't think that the Developer just inserted her just to push Vivian and others to lesbianism. There must be another purpose. I mean, just look at the Developers Profile picture here. Tara as a (lesbian) Devil. So it very much could be her involvment that the City has mostly lesbian and bisexual Womans there (like the reporter says about this rumor). Do you really think she wouldn't take any advantage with that? Even if it is just sex, she would be the "Main Alpha" here and Vivian just one of her subordinate (when you chose that you (Vivian) should be more outgoing and dominante) in one Route.
It's like none of you read the words in the game.....

Her whole thing is she plays with someones until she's bored and moves on .... she says it enough times.

She's even hinted at killing Viv if she gets too close or disappoints her.

Reactions: MrFriendly

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
You asked if that's something i'd want and I answered. There is no debate about it, I don't want to see Tara as a love interest.

She does her thing and moves on, that's her entire purpose. After she specifically said it would be bad for Viv's health to get close, getting close would be silly.
And I respect your opinion. But I disagree with your arguments and I thought that perhaps you came to a conclusion based on wrong ones. So, I expressed my points to try to change your mind. Besides, when I respond to you, I also think in the other people who could read me, so my arguments are for them too.

On the other hand, that Tara just do her thing and move on is by far more boring than she taking more participation, like seducing Viv. And since when the attraction for someone has anything to do with not be silly? It's about the irrational passion, that's the grace. Approaching the danger is more exciting, to do what's not right.

You know? Gaga was talking about this years ago:
"I want your horror, I want your design
'Cause you're a criminal as long as you're mine
I want your love, and I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)" :D

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Now, that makes me wonder if I pursue no one (no sex, etc) if this would piss off Tara. ^^
(Yes I like to play those routes if this is possible, to see if the Dev thought of such route.)

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
It's like none of you read the words in the game.....

Her whole thing is she plays with someones until she's bored and moves on .... she says it enough times.

She's even hinted at killing Viv if she gets too close or disappoints her.
Yes I read her lines. But like I said, Tara could be the "Main Alpha" Succubus being in this City and if you chose Vivians dominate Route, it could be that Vivian can get her subordinate when she seduces and brings more girls. So when she makes a good Job, Tara could at least "reward" Vivian for her good Job.
So yeah, it could be that Viv/Tara get a couple of scenes. And it could be that Viv "loves" Tara. But Tara will be not in love, it just would be one sided.
And I don't think that Viv would just back of just because Tara threated her when Viv is in Love. People make a lot of stupid things so why shouldn't Viv also? Like I said, that would be one of the Bad Endings (even though I don't think there would be a Death of the Main Character of this game, I could Imagine that Tara could break Vivians psych for the closeness and disapoinment of Viv.)

You also says something about "Tara plays" and "Vivan could disapoint Tara".
That's exactly what we said (I and ashitanojoe). The "Play" would be the BDSM / Orgie "relationship" that only would be a onesided "Love" (Vivian), because Tara don't give a fuck for love since she is a demon/ Succubus/ whatever. And the disapoinment could either be "Vivians Love" or her "Bad Job" to "recruit" new lesbians / bisexuals in this City. And when she does a good Job, Tara plays again.

I don't know why, but you read in our posts that we think that this two characters get their own "Love Route". That's not what we meant (at least I). We just think that Tara could a Love Interest for Vivian, but it would be only one sided since Tara don't want relationships. So they won't be a couple. But you "read" on our posts that we want them as a romantic couple. But that's not my intention.

You misunderstood it. Like my "Oh it's sad" Post here (like many others here). You thought that I wouldn't aprove this Game at it is and I would want it more straight.
But it actually it was the other way around, I was disapointed that it has straight elements in it. But then I saw it is optional and avoidable. What I had done, I played this game so far only with lesbian interactions.

Last edited:

Seth_Rollins

Nov 19, 2017
Being unable to romance Tara imo is the hook of the game for me, having just that unreachable figure is enough justification for Viv to have the drive to change and be just like Tara, who knows would even replace her somewhere down the supernatural line? jk. Although, I wouldn't mind a game over screen where Tara kills off Vivian lol

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
Not really. This Scene could lead that vivan want's to "reach" this "forbidden" fruit.
With the lack of romantic chemistry between them so far, it will feel like a stupid shoehorning of a romance in. Barring that first awakening kiss, Viv treats her like a sage, not like "forbidden fruit" or any such nonsense. Tara is there to move the story forward (though honestly, so far I think you could remove Tara and still make the same story).

On the other hand, that Tara just do her thing and move on is by far more boring than she taking more participation, like seducing Viv.
Not really. Considering how elevated and distant Tara is from all the action as a god figure, her "participation" will feel like a cut-and-paste concession to adult game tropes instead of an organic outgrowth of the story. That is f-in boring. I don't want to play the maid when Zeus is feeling horny. And, Viv doesn't act like Tara elicits any sort of emotional reaction out of her.

But like I said, Tara could be the "Main Alpha" Succubus being in this City and if you chose Vivians dominate Route, it could be that Vivian can get her subordinate when she seduces and brings more girls. So when she makes a good Job, Tara could at least "reward" Vivian for her good Job.
You'd turn Tara into a female version of that abominable Eric character from "Big Brother", only this time the character can fuck you?

No thanks.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Not really. Considering how elevated and distant Tara is from all the action as a god figure, her "participation" will feel like a cut-and-paste concession to adult game tropes instead of an organic outgrowth of the story. That is f-in boring. I don't want to play the maid when Zeus is feeling horny. And, Viv doesn't act like Tara elicits any sort of emotional reaction out of her.
Tara is not like Zeus nor like a god, you already said it: Tara kissed Viv at the beginning, she hasn't been moving everything from the distance, she already had a direct involvement. She's more like a demon in a female body, a succubus.

Actually, it will be more organic for the story that Tara has a sexual involvement. That's the way these demons manipulate, control and corrupt according to the mythology worlwide, from Peru to Korea. It's ironic that you want a more vanilla representation in an adult game than the ones told in common tales, fables, books, movies and so on, where the seduction and sexual manipulation are involved. It would not be romance, it would be a one-sided thing: Viv experiences a strong attraction and desire for Tara and Tara uses seduction and sex as a way to manipulate and corrupt her, not because she's horny as you say. She even could seduce Viv's friends in order to harm or manipulate her. Besides, I am saying that all this would be optional.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

May 18, 2020
So managed to get a good bit done this weekend. Not nearly as much as I would have liked to but still significant progress. I did do a lot of work on the back end of things. It won't change a whole lot of the playing experience but I was able to organize the coding as to allow me to better navigate it. It should also allow me to do more complex scenes going forward much like I was doing on the old engine but I simply didn't know how to do on Ren'py.
The bad news however is depending on where you saved it might have broken your save so you might have to start a new game. If you have a save at the start of Ms. Harper's office that should be fine.
My hope is that this will be the last time I have to tell you to do that. I have been trying hard to make it so I plan far enough ahead with the switches that I don't have to go back after the fact and add more. But I am still learning the coding for Ren'py so I simply don't know how much I don't know.
As always, I hope to have the next update up on the first Monday of the month. Depending on what all is left I might release it in pieces again, party Des/party Mom routes but we shall see.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
How I get the scene in the first image? While Harper tease her? whenever I choise I never met that scene.

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
Other than the rendering of Vivian's face as well as spelling baggage as "bagadge" among other things....I can fuck with this game so far

Also only fitting I start this game during finals week in the middle of a quarter life crisis :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: afterlights

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Not a big fan of pure lesbian stuff, and dont like supernatural content - especially with corruption. But this is nice. I like the writing, even with its occasional misspells, and all girls are hot. And Tara is subtle enough (at the beginning) to hide the devil/demon/goddess stuff a bit.

I just tried 2 different approaches and it looks like there is some nice variance in the story. We have to see if this will/can reach something like GGGB, but up to this point it was a fun trip and I will keep an eye on this :)

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes