VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Damn tootin'! On the other hand, I'm not sure taking her to the party is gonna be the best way to get Eva. I haven't played that one yet though...
I didn't have a choice.

I invited Eve but when I got there Des turned up so it seems Viv invites her regardless.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I didn't have a choice.

I invited Eve but when I got there Des turned up so it seems Viv invites her regardless.
Yeah, I don't think that is 100% clear in the dialogue although Dev has mentioned it a few times. Maybe a missed a trigger somewhere?

Maybe you remember my comment from a few weeks back: We're gonna be chasing this girl for the whole damn game! :ROFLMAO: But we WILL prevail!

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I didn't have a choice.

You can only go with the mom if des doesn't come over to the sleepover and you ask the mom to go. If you are not going with the mom then by default the next day you will ask des to go. Evaline you can ask regardless so long as you are going and helped her cheat.
If you played it and were supposed to go with mom and went with des instead let me know because that means there is a bug somewhere and I'd like to fix that before the mom update.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You can only go with the mom if des doesn't come over to the sleepover and you ask the mom to go. If you are not going with the mom then by default the next day you will ask des to go. Evaline you can ask regardless so long as you are going and helped her cheat.
If you played it and were supposed to go with mom and went with des instead let me know because that means there is a bug somewhere and I'd like to fix that before the mom update.
Oh no, it was during my Evaline run.

I invited Eva to the party when I got the option. When I got to the party Des was outside. I hadn't invited her home so she hadn't met Rebecca or heard of the party unless I missed the part where Viv invited her.

I'll have another look through, I could have blanked that part of the conversation I just don't recall inviting Des to the party during my Evaline paythrough. The only bug I had was when I had the meeting with Rebecca, Eva said she could smell sex and acted hurt regardless of whether i'd had sex with Rebecca or not.

Well, on the save where I did have Viv accept sex with Rebecca, Eva acted hurt until Viv said it was Rebeca she'd fucked, not Des then she was no longer hurt.

On the flip side, the save where I had Viv turn Rebecca down, Eva still went through the same dialogue as if Viv and Rebecca had done it.

I also take back wanting Viv's mother to move with Rebecca to the new people. I didn't realise she was high up in organised crime until I did the reporter bit.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Oh no, it was during my Evaline run.

I invited Eva to the party when I got the option. When I got to the party Des was outside. I hadn't invited her home so she hadn't met Rebecca or heard of the party unless I missed the part where Viv invited her.
So long as you are going to the party but not with your mom, regardless if you invited Eva or not. When Des asked you to go drinking you will instead invite her to the party.
I did this from a story perspective because I couldn't see a reason why Vivian wouldn't invite Des at that point (Having only the briefest interactions with Evaline and couldn't even be considered friends by then) and I did it from a gameplay perspective because I was trying to limit the variables when actually writing the party. So it goes, party with mom, party with des don't go to the party. Then for many scenes I will write an alternate if Evaline is there or not.
And I have been told about the Dialog bug that says you slept with Rebeca even if you didn't. I'm hunting it down right now and fixing it. Should be good to go come the update on Monday.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So long as you are going to the party but not with your mom, regardless if you invited Eva or not. When Des asked you to go drinking you will instead invite her to the party.
I did this from a story perspective because I couldn't see a reason why Vivian wouldn't invite Des at that point (Having only the briefest interactions with Evaline and couldn't even be considered friends by then) and I did it from a gameplay perspective because I was trying to limit the variables when actually writing the party. So it goes, party with mom, party with des don't go to the party. Then for many scenes I will write an alternate if Evaline is there or not.
And I have been told about the Dialog bug that says you slept with Rebeca even if you didn't. I'm hunting it down right now and fixing it. Should be good to go come the update on Monday.
I wasn't complaining about Des being there, i'd just missed the part where she invited her.

I just noticed it was brought up by Eva though with Viv saying she invited Des to get over her boy troubles.

Reactions: BlackWebGames

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
i want to keep Des only mine
You can keep Des but this depends on the choices you make.

I'm not sure but beware of Kathrine.
Like Tara said, if Vivian are Kitty then Kathrine is Panther.

Kathrine is journalist who you can meet before the party or at a party with Des.

And Malina, another possible blackmailing route(?)
Rebeca screw up things alone(Or with Viv) and Viv mom gets into trouble too->you know who has to pay.

RedPyrate

Oct 11, 2017
I agree this an excellent game with much promise but I Respectfully disagree about Vivian. I feel she fits the writing of her story well so far and has an appearance of both nerdyness and innocence which is depicted very well. Also her appearance changes as her character developes through the story so far.
GhostREd:
Like the respectful part. Everyone has their own preferences. You are correct that she went through a nice transformation from straighthaired no style nerd girl to wherever she is going to evolve. She is attractive. Just the lines in her face seem too harsh, cheeks a little too blocky, jaw too squared. Just a big contrast in Beauty as opposed to the rest of the characters in the game, who ARE beautifully rendered. Seems to remind me of someone who has attempted the transgender change, and you can't change your skeletal structure no how much you change the skin on top of it.
Des's boyfriend had the same exaggerated feel. Glad he is gone, nobody liked him, pretty sure his friends are asses too . . . .
But I am not here to bash the game. Great ideas, Story pushes fast into the action unlike the sea of very grindy developers out to make a buck on PATREON by painfully prolonging a story forever.
Lost of options in the story line, too, not many of these games out there where choices actually make a difference other than game over or losing out on a scene.
Lots of fun, I'm looking forward to replaying it to get the most out of it.
R3D

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm not really into incest at all I try and limit how many games I play with that fetish but damn the scene with Rebecca was something else :love: What I'm really looking forward to is more content with the teacher now that promises to be fun.

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
You can keep Des but this depends on the choices you make.

I'm not sure but beware of Kathrine.
Like Tara said, if Vivian are Kitty then Kathrine is Panther.

Kathrine is journalist who you can meet before the party or at a party with Des.

And Malina, another possible blackmailing route(?)
Rebeca screw up things alone(Or with Viv) and Viv mom gets into trouble too->you know who has to pay.
Am i missing some scenes between Viv and Des? The only way to get her was in threesome with Rebecca

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Am i missing some scenes between Viv and Des? The only way to get her was in threesome with Rebecca
It's not a sex scene. The only full sex scenes being between you and Rebeca or two different threesomes between you Rebeca and Des. However if you do not find Rebeca instantly then there are other things that you can do, and if you stay with Des instead of going with Rebeca there unique scenes there as well. Again not sex scenes but you will be introduced to some new people or people you may have missed before.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Aah, sorry misunderstanding.
I thought you meant ~ a relationship level, my bad.
And BWG gives ansewer for that^

Edit:
but damn the scene with Rebecca was something else
I look forward to Becca and mom at the party :p

Mom Spanking to Becca.
(I know will never happen but I still dream about it)

Last edited:

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
I want a romance relationship between Desiree and Vivian, so that Desiree and Vivian are together!
I hope that there will be an opportunity to protect Desiree from others so that Desiree is only with Vivian!
I tried threesome in the club (out of curiosity), but decided to go the way of staying with Desiree.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mormont
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes