VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I hope that this romance patn path exists between Vivian and Desiree!
Main love interests are Des, Eva, Mother and Harper.

Whether Harper will be a full time love interest with a happily ever after i'm not sure, she's had enough hints dropped about her that she may keep seeing Viv but she will take new lovers once she gets bored and not see Viv as much.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Let’s see how helping or not helping Eva affect the relationship with Harper.
If Viv doesn't help eva at all then it will be dating with Harper and As far as I know, that cannot be avoided.

So be Dom route and send work to Eva->Harper meeting->Go fuck to yourself->Boss music coming(Cannot do sub route)
We will see in the future how this will also affect... I don't think Harper will give up yet.

SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018
I was really worried there would be ntr since Des blows 2 guys but we stop it from going too far and maybe there'll be a 3some with mom?

Really enjoying the Dominant path but I'm hesitant trying out the sub path after seeing how confident she is during the VIP 3some with Des.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
It seems after the two last posts that you are the one "off the bat" :)
Not really it's mostly due to the structure as well given majority of actual scenes are in the "pictures" folder and the threesome of whomever is with viv and des was placed in "backgrounds" I didn't move their locations at all when it comes to programming at all when having the main code reading off of locations of items if they're not in their destinations will cause a crash as well...so really I'm not off the bat at all...it's all based on clarity...I get for some that English isn't their primary language however...I have no issues to assist in that.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I was really worried there would be ntr since Des blows 2 guys but we stop it from going too far and maybe there'll be a 3some with mom?

Really enjoying the Dominant path but I'm hesitant trying out the sub path after seeing how confident she is during the VIP 3some with Des.
Learn your definitions first. They aren't dating therefore that can't be ntr.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
So long as you are going to the party but not with your mom, regardless if you invited Eva or not. When Des asked you to go drinking you will instead invite her to the party.
I did this from a story perspective because I couldn't see a reason why Vivian wouldn't invite Des at that point (Having only the briefest interactions with Evaline and couldn't even be considered friends by then) and I did it from a gameplay perspective because I was trying to limit the variables when actually writing the party. So it goes, party with mom, party with des don't go to the party. Then for many scenes I will write an alternate if Evaline is there or not.
And I have been told about the Dialog bug that says you slept with Rebeca even if you didn't. I'm hunting it down right now and fixing it. Should be good to go come the update on Monday.
I don't want to sound rude nor criticize your game (which I like very much), but give you some constructive feedback.

I think that you did the Evaline route wrongly in this update, everything else in the game is fine. It seems that you basically have forgotten that to be able to go shopping with Evaline, Viv must not invite Des to her place. So, until party, she hasn't kissed Des yet, nor she saw her naked, almost she has not flirting with her at all and she has not even shared the bed with her. Still, Viv and Des can have sex together? Not even them alone but in a threesome? Out of nowhere? Being Des supposedly straight? That doesn't make sense at all, in my opinion. Everything happens abruptly, at the contrary to the other paths.

The other thing is that it feels weird inviting Eva to the party and be obligated to spend more time with only Des. When someone invites you to a party where you don't know nobody, you expect to partying with the person who invited you, not that you will be by your own, as it is happening with Eva in the party. What kind of invitation is that? All the situation feels out of place. Besides, Viv told Eva in the shopping scene that she was anxious to see her at the party, but when Viv is there she doesn't even bother in look for Eva. I think it's not what the player was expecting.

I suggest to consider changing that event (in the eva route) in the future, if you are thinking in redone some scenes for the ultimate version of the game. I don't know what other players think, but it seems that event generated confussion in other user here too.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I don't want to sound rude nor criticize your game (which I like very much), but give you some constructive feedback.

I think that you did the Evaline route wrongly in this update, everything else in the game is fine. It seems that you basically have forgotten that to be able to go shopping with Evaline, Viv must not invite Des to her place. So, until party, she hasn't kissed Des yet, nor she saw her naked, almost she has not flirting with her at all and she has not even shared the bed with her. Still, Viv and Des can have sex together? Not even them alone but in a threesome? Out of nowhere? Being Des supposedly straight? That doesn't make sense at all, in my opinion. Everything happens abruptly, at the contrary to the other paths.

The other thing is that it feels weird inviting Eva to the party and be obligated to spend more time with only Des. When someone invites you to a party where you don't know nobody, you expect to partying with the person who invited you, not that you will be by your own, as it is happening with Eva in the party. What kind of invitation is that? All the situation feels out of place. Besides, Viv told Eva in the shopping scene that she was anxious to see her at the party, but when Viv is there she doesn't even bother in look for Eva. I think it's not what the player was expecting.

I suggest to consider changing that event (in the eva route) in the future, if you are thinking in redone some scenes for the ultimate version of the game. I don't know what other players think, but it seems that event generated confussion in other user here too.
Thank you for your feedback. I really do appreciate it and maybe I can help clarify my reasoning.

So to your first point of it being to quick to sleep with Des. I worried about this as well but ultimately concluded that if you the player feel that way then you do not have to sleep with her. However at this point enough has happened that I think others will think that Vivian is a bit more open to the idea of sleeping around and while Vivian may not be romantically attracted to Des she is still sexually attracted to her and would at the very least be tempted by the idea. But if you don't think she would be all that interested at this point or are still interested in a more romantic relationship then you can chose not to try and sleep with her. And if you have been neglecting Des she will rebuke your advances.
To your point about spending time with Evaline there are two halves to my reasoning. So first no matter when you invite Evaline to the party(and are not going with your mom) the plan is to use this party to help your best friend get over her breakup. Something Evaline figures out when you talk to her about the party. And knowing how much Des and Evaline hate each other Vivian would either have not invited Des or invited her only to ditch her to go hang out with Evaline which would cause a blowup. It already can if you have too close of a relationship with Evaline at the party to the point where Des can find out that you two are dating.
The invitation was also not one of 'lets go together' and more of 'there is this party happening if you're into that sort of thing'. Vivian also does look for Evaline when you first arrive but doesn't find her. The reason being that Evaline doesn't show up as early as you and Des do.
The second half of the reasoning is from a game play point. It was already a nightmare just to have all the different variables and choices and branching paths. But then to do all of that again with Evaline all of which would end in a fight between you and Des over why you are hanging out together just seemed like a lot of work that most people would probably not enjoy. Especially since it would feel like they had no choice in the matter, even knowing that Des would hate it you had to hang out with Evaline.

I hope this makes sense to you. And I do thank you for your thoughts. It does help me in writing going forward. I want this to be a game where the player feels things make sense that no action seems to be out of nowhere or contrived but that gets a little harder when there are so many choices that can affect how the character behaves.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Is it possible to not be blackmailed if you help Evaline cheat? Bluffing always fails
That means your lie skill is too low. If you are assertive you can tell her to fuck off otherwise you have to get better at lying. You do that by lying more.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Is it possible to not be blackmailed if you help Evaline cheat? Bluffing always fails
You need to have picked to be more dominant like Tara and you can tell Harper to fuck off.

That only stops the blackmail, both Viv and Eva will still be kicked out.

If you pick to be more submissive there is no getting out of it.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I thought Dom on the route could only bluff a harper.
But on the other hand, I always wondered (lie) the meaning other than in terms of the story.

Edit:

I used this and change lie points and now that bluff work in Harper's office

Last edited:

Penda Offa

Feb 24, 2020
That means your lie skill is too low. If you are assertive you can tell her to fuck off otherwise you have to get better at lying. You do that by lying more.
You need to have picked to be more dominant like Tara and you can tell Harper to fuck off.

That only stops the blackmail, both Viv and Eva will still be kicked out.

If you pick to be more submissive there is no getting out of it.
I knew if Viv is a dom she can tell her to fuck off, but didn't know viv can become better at lying. If Viv is a sub can she become better at lying so she can bluff her way out of blackmail?

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
If Viv is a sub can she become better at lying so she can bluff her way out of blackmail?
Just trying that sub route and that works too if Viv have lie points.

Edit: But if you lied, you lost RP with chachters to whom you lie.
Edit2: My mistakes, with des you lose RP if you lie to her.
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/03/611389_Dog_Days_of_Summer_0.3.2.pdf

Edit:3
I tried to tell des true but lie to mom but the bluff didn't go through so you have to lie to des too if you want the bluff to go through.

Edit4: You must have at least 3 lie points for the bluff to go through

Last edited:

Penda Offa

Feb 24, 2020
Just trying that sub route and that works too if Viv have lie points.

Edit: But if you lied, you lost RP with chachters to whom you lie.
Edit2: My mistakes, with des you lose RP if you lie to her.
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/03/611389_Dog_Days_of_Summer_0.3.2.pdf

Edit:3
I tried to tell des true but lie to mom but the bluff didn't go through so you have to lie to des too if you want the bluff to go through.

Edit4: You must have at least 3 lie points for the bluff to go through
thanks for the info mate

• Hey there
Reactions: Sorrow85

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Damn there is even a lying stat. Going to have to take this into account on next playthroughs. :unsure: :LOL:
Thank God this is a VN+ren'py (ctrl)

Because otherwise I would probably have done this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Joking aside, I probably wouldn't have started playing these games without the renpy engine.
Simply, save whenever you want, scroll back and forth etc.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes