VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Alannnnn

Apr 25, 2019
Hello, this looks promising, I dont know how many characters is in the game will there be any BDSM or female domination where the characters take advantage of the player?

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Hello, this looks promising, I dont know how many characters is in the game will there be any BDSM or female domination where the characters take advantage of the player?
So the characters that are on the banner for this game are the core characters in this game. There will be other characters added along the way with various intersecting paths. Yes there will be options to both be domination and dominated paths for the main character as well as options to form a loving romance or even a harem. It will depend on the sort of character that you are developing in your play through.
I plan on having the next update out in about a week in which many of the consequences for your choices so far will start to manifest and will start the BDSM line.

• Love
Reactions: Jubz and Alannnnn

Alannnnn

Apr 25, 2019
So the characters that are on the banner for this game are the core characters in this game. There will be other characters added along the way with various intersecting paths. Yes there will be options to both be domination and dominated paths for the main character as well as options to form a loving romance or even a harem. It will depend on the sort of character that you are developing in your play through.
I plan on having the next update out in about a week in which many of the consequences for your choices so far will start to manifest and will start the BDSM line.
Thank you for the reply! I can't wait for future updates, hoping for this game to succeed. (y)

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Alright. So we are on track got a little more to finish up then spending the weekend polishing. Just letting everyone know 0.3 should be out on Monday. And I plan to have all updates out on the first Monday of every month if not sooner.
Here is the change log.

v0.3

Fixes:
The quit button now works on the tittle screen.
Normalized some of the sound effects so they are more even with the rest of the sounds.
More grammatical fixes.
Several back end variables that were not being calculated correctly are now fixed. (Recommended you load from the morning after the art gallery to make sure they are all counted.)
Auto saves now save in slot 1 instead of 14.

Content:
Morning with Des after the sleepover/Morning with Mom.
College Morning.
College Afternoon.
Evening with Evaline(First full sex scene)/Evening with Des(Sexy times but no sex)
Last day of class(Full sex scene)
Went back and added a lie option when talking to your mom about going to the party.

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
Here's a little game. This is Kat. She is in the 0.3 update. I am interested to see how many people actually meet
... after being privileged to test the newest thing and running in countless dead ends ... you should really consider two things:
- don't give such early releases to other ones than hardened beta-testers together with a decent testing plan
- lower the complexity or you will go crazy or unproductive with all these possible branches piling up exponentially

Graphics and story are unique and kinda well-thought but the engine and your programming skills seem not to be adequate for these uptown tastes. You have to find a balance, at least limiting yourself to one or two paths for a while.

Reactions: fortuna95

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
Huh. Would you mind giving me a list of where these dead ends are?
This feels like an Herculean task. I already looked over this json-code. I never reach this evening in the bar with Des for example. But most of the time my choices (from scratch) let the game suddenly die after lunch with Des or the meetup with the teacher or the night with Evaline. Ok, I also reached two times a solid ending, I think mostly by staying mommy's child.
but some obvious non-spelling errors I may list:
- complimenting Des in the morning is always the same choice
- script seems broken when trying to fit Evaline's thankyou into the schedule: dialogue is all in one box
- when choosing "party with mom" MC tries still to invite Des to the party the next day
- the grading choices at Ms. Harper's are always A

Last edited:

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
This feels like an Herculean task. I already looked over this json-code. I never reach this evening in the bar with Des for example. But most of the time my choices (from scratch) let the game suddenly die after lunch with Des or the meetup with the teacher or the night with Evaline. Ok, I also reached two times a solid ending, I think mostly by staying mommy's child.
but some obvious non-spelling errors I may list:
- complimenting Des in the morning is always the same choice
- script seems broken when trying to fit Evaline's thankyou into the schedule: dialogue is all in one box ...
Thank you so much. So fixed the lunch with Des. The switch wasn't activated so quick fix there. Looking over the meetup with the Ms. Harper and don't see any dead ends. Would it be possible to give more specifics. Fixed the dialogue with Evaline. The choice with Des is not a bug. It's why none of the choices you chose are actually what you say. It's why Vivian freaks out after saying it because she is embarrassed.
Wow the grading choices was my bad, didn't tell it to jump to the labels. Alright, I think I know what happened with Des, and this should have fixed. Played through it and it seemed to work.
The night out with Des is actually a little harder to get to. So you have to not have the sleepover with des, you have to not be studying with Evaline, and you either are going to the party with your mom or not going to the party at all.
Am uploading the fixes now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ernst Kurz

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
Ok, understood. I will add other bugs or look-a-like-bugs above.

"Night out with Des" seems to be even more difficult. I played your variations through already and always ended up with a possible date or domination scenes with the teacher ... but a at least with a solid ending afterwards.

Last edited:

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Ok, understood. I will add other bugs or look-a-like-bugs above.

"Night out with Des" seems to be even more difficult. I played your variations through already and always ended up with a possible date or domination scenes with the teacher ... but a at least with a solid ending afterwards.
Fixing the problem with the Des being invited to the party should have fixed it.
My internet is slow so I will send an email and update subcribestar as soon as they are finished.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Thanks for 0.3

bugs found:

more than 8 saves not possible to load from start of the game (max. 8 there)
it's still impossible to load the game after saved on choices

and you could post the link of coffee in OP :)

Reactions: Namco15

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Thanks for 0.3

bugs found:

more than 8 saves not possible to load from start of the game (max. 8 there)
it's still impossible to load the game after saved on choices

and you could post the link of coffee in OP :)
I plan to do a complete overhaul of the save and setting menus at a later date that will address this. I just ask you bear with me as it requires a lot more effort than I had originally thought it would and thought it more important to focus on content at the moment.
The save bug on choices is an engine thing, they say it is fixed and will be patched in the next stable update, however I do not have a time frame of when that will be. Until then, I have set up an auto save before each choice that saves to slot 1.
I have no way of updating the OP but here is the coffee link:
And the link is at the top of my subscribestar page.
Hope that helps and thanks for your support and feedback.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes