VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
Please fix the bugs when you load a save made at a choice, then when picking your choice the game "freezes" (dialogue dont advance anymore and ur stuck).

There is also a bug when the girl at the bar asks you who you'd rather sleep with between Mike and Desiree, and you select Mike, then later on in the scene when Desiree is at your place taking a shower and the main character thinks to herself, the game mentions that you said Desiree instead of Mike.

PS: I hope you switch to a different engine like Ren'py.

Last edited:

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Thank you everyone for your feed back. My subscribestar finally got approved. I will be keeping that updated on development there and I intend to keep most post open to the public, minus polls or other little things.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Switch to Ren'py. It'll change your life, lol! It'll get you through most types of VN, and it's very stable.
I know ren'py is better in terms of versatility and I have tried using it in the past. I could make super simple things but was having a hard time with it and was spending most of my time trying to get the picture to fit properly or make something move the right way that I would spend hours on it and have accomplished nothing.
It really is a me problem in that respect. VN is really simple to not only learn but really fast to use. Now that I have the renders done and saved if I were to start this game again I could probably make the whole thing from scratch in just a few hours.
I am not saying I am too good for ren'py, I am saying that ren'py is too good for me.
In all seriousness, that was a round about way of me saying that if a fix for the saves does not come out soon or if people really have too hard of a time with VN after a few more builds then I will seriously look at a way to transfer over.

rambool

Jun 8, 2018
Good and intresting (and so many les-aura, mmmm)
But still glitchy and crude - well, it is VN Maker for fukssake.
And this marvellous breathtaking end of demo... woooow... left me speechless for hours.
Look at your own risk:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Okay, here are my thoughts. Models are mostly pretty fine, even if the MC really isn't one of my fave daz models.
I like the concentration on lesbian route and the possibility of a lesbian harem.
All in all, there are way too few games concentrating on lesbian sex around.

The writing is pretty good I'd say, certainly way above the endless assault of Engrish games.

Which brings me to one of my two major points of criticism.
1. The many, many spelling and punctuation errors, with the spelling being the worst of it.
And it even goes beyond errors in typing or mixing up one word with another, no many times it's really a weird way to write certain words. Here are a few examples that made me halt while playing:

nerviously
Grogaly
guall
domonering
deeper indier

The amount of errors is so large, that it actually detracts from the game and it's weird because the writing is so good, you would expect the spelling to be more correct. Which is why I was wondering, if the dev might perhaps be dyslexic, because there I encountered similar problems.
At least run a spell-check to remove the really obvious misspellings.
You've got a nice game going here and it doesn't take that much effort to spell-check.

The second thing is something mentioned by others as well.
Playing with VNM is really no fun. The games are sluggish, the controls wonky, ren'py would really be a big improvement.
I've read about the problems you had with the software, and can understand that, but I still wanted to point out, that the engine is another thing that really detracts from an otherwise fine game.

Keep up the good work and I hope we see a development with at least a few of the romance options relatively fast.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Just letting everyone know that v0.2a is up. Here is the change log.

v0.2a
fixes:
Fixed the long load times between some of the scenes.(should also fix any crashes they was causing.)
The game now auto saves before a choice.
Fixed several dead choices. All choices should now work.(this will unlock some additional scenes.)
Fixed a CG not appearing when Tara kisses Vivian.
Fixed several spelling mistakes along with other grammatical reworks.
Fixed Evaline's name showing Eviline.

Last edited:

Power Broker

Jan 9, 2018
I got a different vibe.

What happened there is similar to a lot os stories I hear from other lesbians.
It depends on the story he wants to tell. You can have a romantic story of an "awakening" just like you described it, with finding out that in truth she is a lesbian. Or you could have a story where she is straight like an arrow, but is forced into having sex with women and hates every second of it; I prefer the last idea, but it obviously doesn't work if mc is a lesbian.
As of v 0.2, I also have the feeling that mc is a lesbian and the story is about this romantic awakening.

Can't imagine a sub with a harem.
The sub becomes part of the harem of her mistress. However, I'm not a fan of harems: I prefer "control" and "power imbalance", so imagine mc helps corrupting a wife. She stays a wife, but has to serve others. Or imagine mc is a reward for somebody. Or she is used as a bait. Or she is casually shared among her mistress' friends. There are many possibilities for sexual interactions as a sub.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
BlackWebGames
I was about to subscribe you at SSA, but there's only credit card possible, no Paypal?! I've seen you've only 1 subscriber so far, that's not fair for this great game.
I guess without Patreon you can't have much subscribers. Maybe you can publish there a non incest version too, so it would be no problem. You know Eva Kiss' popular GGGB? There is lot of pervy incest too in the game (even without patch!) and no problem for Patreon.

Last edited:

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
BlackWebGames
I was about to subscribe you at SSA, but there's only credit card possible, no Paypal?! I've seen you've only 1 subscriber so far, that's not fair for this great game.
I guess without Patreon you can't have much subscribers. Maybe you can publish there a non incest version too, so it would be no problem. You know Eva Kiss' popular GGGB? There is lot of pervy incest too in the game (even without patch!) and no problem for Patreon.
Buy me a coffee instead ;)

I will send you the download link either through there or here.
Regardless thank you for your support.

Reactions: fortuna95

AliceFsher

Apr 30, 2018
ohh "mostly lesbian content" ohhh this is my kind of game.....

but... there is no download link... damn

Fapmaister

Dec 17, 2019
The game froze when i choose the blue one, and when i tried to choose the "bad boy" dildo. same thing happened.
No text, nothing happing. the image just froze.

please fix this!

cgccgv.PNG

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Hmm, this bug is new. Sure, you didn't load the game here?

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes