VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
Cool. Next coffee from me. If you survive the programming of the game's weekend without getting crazy inmidst of all these paths I may consider some steady support. ;-) Thx a lot.

Reactions: BlackWebGames

Jomane

Jul 11, 2017
Two huge issues with this one.
First is the spelling. This VN is in desperate need of some proofreading. Grammar errors and misspellings in nearly every sentence often make it very hard to take any of this seriously. It makes the whole thing feel cheap as if the dev doesn't care about their own work.
Second, the engine. Can't rollback, saving on choices is bugged, I couldn't find a key to hide text, clicking on UI buttons often advances text instead as if they were misaligned and the usual Ren'py options, such as skipping only seen text, are missing. I don't know if it would be easy to switch over to Ren'py but I would certainly like to see that happen.

Aside from that, there's potential here. God knows there aren't nearly enough lesbian focused VNs/games around and this one, aside from the careless grammar, is decently written enough to make me see characters instead of just genitals.
why always are people talking about gramatical errors and bad english, the world are not exclusively popoulated by english talkers.
EHEH miself just use english as third language, by the way english are just the third more talked language in the world, if whe talk about prime language lol

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Options menu CTD

EDIT: I want to like this game I really do, I love the renders and the characters are fun (and quite hot) but there seem to be quite a few bugs. When making choices (giving the tattooed girl the paper or not) I seem to be getting the same follow-on. I gave her the paper but I still ended up going to her dorm room to help her write it. In a different play-through when I offered to help her write it, she commented about me sending it to her so she could hand it in. I really wish this was in Renpy, since it would have roll-back and I don't think we'd be having the same problems with "options" or saving. If it's not going to be recoded then hopefully these coding issues can be worked out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Bluemouf

Nov 29, 2017
I'm not sure if it's the engine or my laptop but I'm having constant freezes, especially after I reload a save, and the skip option stops at random lines and I can't click anything until I turn skip off.

Also if I try to go into the options screen on start-up the game closes.

Hotkillerz

May 1, 2017
anyone having issues with ms harpers office? she knocks and the screen is black for like 10 mins nothing happening at all

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
anyone having issues with ms harpers office? she knocks and the screen is black for like 10 mins nothing happening at all
yep, seems to happen on a very specific path. But with other choices it works.

Would be nice to the dev to give him more details so he can reproduce the error. Like: Romance > Jokingly > I like it > and so on. The Ctrl-key speeds up this pain a lot.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Both times I went to teachers office worked for me.

Both on live it up, 1 on I want to be like her and 1 on I want to be dominated by someone like her.

Have both a dom and sub path going with teacher, neither froze.

I haven't tried the job or romance paths yet.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Both times I went to teachers office worked for me.

Both on live it up, 1 on I want to be like her and 1 on I want to be dominated by someone like her.

Have both a dom and sub path going with teacher, neither froze.

I haven't tried the job or romance paths yet.
The branch with the teacher depends on how you help Evaline. All three choices will lead to a different path with her.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
That is very weird. I will look into it and see if I can try and figure out why that would be happening.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
game crashes when i try to open settings
Apologies. I was working to try and fix the options menu and ran out of time before the update but forgot to kill the link itself so it is trying to jump to a page that doesn't exist.
I have already fixed it for the next update.

EdPokol

Mar 31, 2019
I like the way this story starts, the art is really nice and the tags are promising. I would very much like to continue playing but it's hard. After loading from a previous save (I normally save when there is a menu giving options so that I can replay choosing one of the others) the game won't progress anymore. The text box remains empty. Stopping and restarting the game doesn't help. Loading from a save not at a menu screen seems to work as it should but since this ui doesn't allow you to step back to a previous menu that isn't of much help.

A minor point: When restarting the game only the 1st 8 saves show up to start from.

BlackWebGames: I will keep an eye on your game. It sure is promising.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes