VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.3.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I don't remember a romance option for her in the old version. Not like I played her route though. Just what I remembered of the choices before.
It was the least developed route in the game. It's basically a hint that she had her eye on seducing Viv, but panicked when she thought she'd be snatched up by Eve. So she went dominant Alpha to claim what she saw what was her's first.
Harpers route is going to be reworked and is what I am actually working on right now so that you can be on most of the routes with her no matter how you help Evaline. At least that's the plan. We will see how it actually works narratively.

Mifuell

Dec 14, 2018
Good update. I mean i've only played for 5 minutes but my biggest problem was solved which was rework viv being kinda ugly. So thanks for fixing that.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Harpers route is going to be reworked and is what I am actually working on right now so that you can be on most of the routes with her no matter how you help Evaline. At least that's the plan. We will see how it actually works narratively.
Honestly, could see that working. If you are able to refuse her, she could leave the dating offer open with handing over her number. Then you could be given the option later when you'd normally text her. :unsure:

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
I like this game so far. It looks good and the plot is interesting enough. However...

It really needs a proofread. It has so many misspellings, some of which are just swapping letters around. I haven't counted, but it sure feels like way over a hundred. This even includes character names (Vivain, Evilin, Kathren, Katrhine) and, at least once that I saw, a variable name (script.rpy line 109 and chapter2.rpy line 4633, one of them has Evaline's name misspelled).
Oh, and of course we're missing tons of commas too.

There are a few mislabeled lines. At the bar after the art gallery, one of Mike's lines is labeled as Mom's line instead. And during the first meeting with Rebecca, one of her lines has no label (The line "Not that I'm complaining or anything." has the 'r' in front of it in the script but without a space. Normally this should work, I think, but it didn't display properly for me until I added the space.) And there's a line of Vivian's without a label early in the bar scene in Chapter 3.

If you don't invite Des to spend the night, even if you tell Mom truthfully that you don't intend to go to Rebecca's party, Vivian still thinks about "the look of disappointment" her mom had when she told her she wanted to go, followed by a bunch of other lines that only make sense if she wants to go to the party, like inviting Des.

The 'vcard' variable is defined as True and then immediately changed to an array, making it not work correctly in Chapter 3.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
I am liking the start of the game and wish the developer best of luck in seeing it to completion. I also would be interested in a prequel harem game about the father. Perhaps call it "Hounds of Spring"?

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
The 'remake' is full of new content that wasn't in the original. It's why I am calling it a rework and not a remake. Yes some scenes are in the original but no scene happens without having additional content added to it, as well as redone graphics and expanded sex scenes.
There's definitely some differences here and there but the main and most noticeable once is how much content was in the original 2 years ago and isn't here in the rework.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
There's definitely some differences here and there but the main and most noticeable once is how much content was in the original 2 years ago and isn't here in the rework.
What's in the original that isn't in this game?

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
What's in the original that isn't in this game?
No content with the friend, Mom or the teacher (didn't even meet her), no driver party, no shopping, the protagonist has no options in how she chooses to present herself other than wearing/not wearing glasses. Unless this new release is so buggy that it just skipped everything.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes