• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.
1.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
There doesn't seem to be a game here, just an
  • Doghouse [1.0.1][completed].exe,
  • empty www/save folder
  • three txt files
  • [1] Doghouse.png
  • bugreport html
  • Patreon html
  • Subscribstar html
If I run the .exe it takes me to a view of my games folder, doesn't even let me navigate or select anything. I don't see any files or folders I'd normally associate with an rpgm game, no images, no .dll's no .dat's no folders other than the "www" which contains only the empty "save" folder
What am I missing?

This was from the mega link

---------------------------

Edit: it turns out the Doghouse didn't like something about my directory structure, it worked when I moved it to the root directory

Last edited:

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
How do I turn on the torchlight?
The 2nd screen is totally dark. I have batteries but can't figure out how to turn it on. I can't see anything to do anything to get anywhere

IPsycho

Oct 16, 2018
How do I turn on the torchlight?
The 2nd screen is totally dark. I have batteries but can't figure out how to turn it on. I can't see anything to do anything to get anywhere
Press B to change battery, then hit return/enter, then press F to turn torch on

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Hoping there will be an H gallery.
Keep getting stuck on screen 4. Frustrating

Beaba

Sep 30, 2019
JoiPlay or any other RPGM emulator can't run this game for some reason (even though is RPGM). Does anyone knows how to make it work (I am trying to play it on Android)?

Oct 20, 2021
Pretty terrible light system. why make the game so dark only to add a limited number of batteries ? batteries that will keep going down WHILE you are reading text.

Mama Bunny

Single mom, Female Dev!
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Pretty terrible light system. why make the game so dark only to add a limited number of batteries ? batteries that will keep going down WHILE you are reading text.
If you are conscious of the fact that the battery is draining while you are reading text and talking to others then why not turn off the flashlight? The text you want to read will not disappear.

Doghouse is a survival horror game and things like limiting your field of vision fits the definition.

Indeed in version 1.0.1 I made the mistake of adding fog and some maps are completely black.

However, thanks to you I will create a tutorial about the battery and how it works.

JoiPlay or any other RPGM emulator can't run this game for some reason (even though is RPGM). Does anyone knows how to make it work (I am trying to play it on Android)?
There is no way to play Doghouse on mobile devices, and it is unlikely that there will be.

I'll try to make an official Android version, but I'm 99% sure it will fail.

Miacis

Oct 17, 2019
I don't think anything about lighting or battery availability is stupid, was just enough of it even on the first playthrough.

Oct 20, 2021
I don't think anything about lighting or battery availability is stupid, was just enough of it even on the first playthrough.
it's not merely about being able to finish the demo.

right now being out of batteries is a straight game over with no come back (unless you want to boost gamma like hell, or click each dark area randomly) for the detective route (boy route is ok because you can see the wall/door in the dark making it at least playable).

once the game get longer and puzzle harder, the strat will be -> waste your batteries once while figuring out what to do, then reload last save to do it with less batteries otherwise you might be game over 5h down the line because of those 'wasted' batteries (unless the futur of the game is simply clic the '?' with no puzzle or anything involved).

either make the detective route at least as bright as boy's route so that you can move around in the dark and only use light when you think you might miss something, or maybe make it that when flashlight is out of battery you can only see 1/2 tile in from instead of the usual 5/6, or have it slowly recharge when not in use (allan wake style). as of now, you could as well setup a timer ticking down "this demo will self destruct in 5min".

it's not even as stressfull as RE1 limited save because those have you chose how much of a risk you want to take when saving/going without saving. but here you have no choice but to use the light otherwise you can't even move forward so it come down to 'how fast can you find the random stuff on the map' (or more like remember where they are from your previous attempt), and if you can't, well, restart.

1.40 star(s) 19 Votes