1.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
Thought some more about game mechanic part of my feedback and wanted to clarify a bit about flashlight and batteries.

The first part of both paths looked like introduction to the story and location where the game will take place, as such there are no survival mechanics present yet besides flashlight one, the real problem is it's introduced right from the beginning and makes no sense(with how fast energy disappears), which actually makes it hard to be introduced to the game world, since players who play RPG games tend to examine everything which can be examined from every angle in search of secrets, extra information and valuable loot, and the very limited battery life makes it very frustrating to do so at least somewhat comfortably.

I think it would have been better if flashlight mechanic got introduced not since beginning, but a bit later into intro. For example for boy's path after player got flashlight it's turned on and didn't give the player ability to control it and then let's say after player searched the lab, activated the door leading to the hotel, and tried to exit generator room it went out and the whole mechanic got introduced, even better if player got informed(through inner thoughts) about the need to turn off flashlight during conversations to conserve the energy. Also the reason batteries work so little could be easily explained by adding some text, for example it could be said that it's used battery which was taken from some electrical device and as such there are not much energy left, or it was lying here so long that most of the charge was lost.

Well it's just my opinion, I believe there are many more opinions and working ways to make this mechanic better received.

Also forgot to mention that when I saw how inventory works, I really missed the choice "examine" when choosing items, to get some extra information about them)

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Thought some more about game mechanic part of my feedback and wanted to clarify a bit about flashlight and batteries.

The first part of both paths looked like introduction to the story and location where the game will take place, as such there are no survival mechanics present yet besides flashlight one, the real problem is it's introduced right from the beginning and makes no sense(with how fast energy disappears), which actually makes it hard to be introduced to the game world, since players who play RPG games tend to examine everything which can be examined from every angle in search of secrets, extra information and valuable loot, and the very limited battery life makes it very frustrating to do so at least somewhat comfortably.

I think it would have been better if flashlight mechanic got introduced not since beginning, but a bit later into intro. For example for boy's path after player got flashlight it's turned on and didn't give the player ability to control it and then let's say after player searched the lab, activated the door leading to the hotel, and tried to exit generator room it went out and the whole mechanic got introduced, even better if player got informed(through inner thoughts) about the need to turn off flashlight during conversations to conserve the energy. Also the reason batteries work so little could be easily explained by adding some text, for example it could be said that it's used battery which was taken from some electrical device and as such there are not much energy left, or it was lying here so long that most of the charge was lost.

Well it's just my opinion, I believe there are many more opinions and working ways to make this mechanic better received.

Also forgot to mention that when I saw how inventory works, I really missed the choice "examine" when choosing items, to get some extra information about them)
To me honestly the system used with the batteries of the flashlight is what has prevented me from trying the game. I understand the purpose, but it doesn't fit my way of playing at all. I like to look and search every site, and the limited battery time certainly doesn't help.

In any case, I don't think the system should be changed because it doesn't fit my way of playing.

Reactions: SeymourClevarge

GoldenBoi

Aug 2, 2017
Flashlight ran out on me in the third area and even after replacing the battery game didn't let me turn it back on. I thought the game froze for a moment but then I realized I could still go into the menu and stuff so... I did cheat in myself extra batteries so that may be the cause. Still only finding like two batteries in the starting area and each of the three follow-up areas being pitch not sure if I wanna continue playing. Not a huge horror fan to begin with but the detective daughter and wife looked niiice so I wanted to at least try.(y)

Kurokon179

Jun 7, 2020
I really look forward to the future updates. Doesn't matter how long it takes.

Loving the 2d art so far and as you mentioned you got alot of personal stuff to deal with so take your time <3

zeromass

Oct 8, 2017

Loving the 2d art so far and as you mentioned you got alot of personal stuff to deal with so take your time <3
Should be another update within the month

inkdot

Feb 12, 2020
Needed a walkthrough, otherwise I seriously found little gameplay and got completely confused due to the limit use of flashlight.
Crashed during my second trial when I reached that mysterious dual-key-card door asI learnt to switch ON and OFF between the flashlight after the first one draining the battery, and since there's no saving-from-anywhere function, I was forced to replay that grind the third time? HELL NO!

Xarvi

Jul 14, 2017
I HATE the flashlight, justmakes me not want to play. Make it optional or add a code or something, it adds nothing good to the game

Mama Bunny

Single mom, Female Dev!
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017

Thank you!

The thread has been updated.
You now have access to version 1.2.5 - Patreon Preview.
This is the version of the game that was released after the decision to move from 3d to drawn graphics.

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: kaken and Miacis

Miacis

Oct 17, 2019
This is the version of the game that was released after the decision to move from 3d to drawn graphics.
How does that work with 3d animations? It's been a while but I remember your game having some.

Good stuff, either way! Very happy to see this thread updated!

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
So no new content yet ?

Just a rework ?

Almost forgot about this game took forever

So is it worth playing trough if i played the version before this new update

Reactions: Kyraga
1.40 star(s) 19 Votes