CutePieMeow

Sep 7, 2018
honestly, the truth is he has completed more part of the game then required but he is just trying to release the game at a slower pace, delaying it so the value of the game is more, for every month that he is able to drag the game value increase by about 2000 USD, so for 8 dominas or 10 dominas x 3~4 month per release x 2k = 60 ~ 80k game value

• Sad
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a Patreon at the moment, but I'll often check if there's anything new. Dekarous made a post about Rosita on May 1st. Which seems like bad news to me, considering that so far he's only made posts every 2/3 weeks telling us "Domina X got new content", so once he's done all the dominas, which happened 2 weeks ago, it seemed logical to me that his next post would be about the new patch release, but no.
If he keeps his direct release announcements, which he has always done within a week or two so far, the patch should be out by the end of this week for his patreons.
That said, the 4 months without content is quite worrying for the future, especially since the backlog has been building up since the "expansion of his team".
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on this (and replying).

Sorry, assumed you were currently a backer. Having been deceived by various platforms voiding past content even if you already had paid for them, not a fan of anything that doesn't allow either piggybacking or paying upfront once and for all while being able to grab it again if you ever lose access to it (month X has been paid for, so you're not going to have to pay for it again... except nope, that's not how it works, gotta pay for that monthly part again)

I fully agree on both the ups and downs here, just not willing to contribute to something that has allowed another team to massively profit from something the community thought they would prevent, but in fact encouraged instead. Since it's been a development thing for Domina, I still don't get the "why not just get free devs" (hint: F95 has skilled coders, some users with zero posts are code experts, postcount-unrelated sections are a good way to look for them) part. :unsure:

I don't know how much Shiki charged for the art (and that's none of my business). Long as he focuses on Domina and not a completely random project to make more money regardless of how much collateral damage this causes, this is not a case of "something suspicious by pseudodevelopers with zero ethics".

If there are other artists than Shakie-chan (Shiki) involved by the way, please share, LoveHurts, since you're the one who shared that with us and developers aren't transparent enough about promoting their artists' public platforms (it's free advertising and people get to know who did the art). Pretty sure I did thank you for that already but thanks again, just in case.

Commissions aren't cheap, hell, a single picture commission on Skeb is a minimum of $30 USD now iirc. 15 alts? 450 bucks. This is why I don't use Skeb, that and I hate social networks so not going to create a social account just to commission something I can directly pay for without leaking any of my sensitive information on some SNS.

To make it less redundant, what's the part of the revamp you are looking for, personally, as Dekarous mentioned it would break saves so we'll just assume we'll all be restarting from scratch?

1. Kicking every Domina's ass again with the new builds?
2. Checking if the revamp affects interactions and getting raped harder by your favorite Domina(s)?
3. Just alternative art/scenes for existing Dominas?

2 and 3 here, but we have the CG teasers for 3 already. That would be for the dialogue and actual scenes, since Dekarous somehow managed to get me with Rosita's full text scenes in her "private room" where you get sent to reflect on how much of a degenerate handholder you are after bullying her. :p

edit: Still failing at mentions. I'm dumb, sorry for doing it wrong. And sorry for the long ass post, I'm trying to keep it short to avoid multiple posts and failing at it too.

Last edited:

HPSchlaad

Mar 29, 2019
Well you know, sometimes people need to take a break and focus on other things in their live.

Dekarous is by no means bound to release new content. It's not his bread and butter job.

If the wait is too long, instead, give your patreon money to other, new developers who make similar games.

That said, I also hope for new content soon and am excited to see what the new staff member can contribute to the game.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
honestly, the truth is he has completed more part of the game then required but he is just trying to release the game at a slower pace, delaying it so the value of the game is more, for every month that he is able to drag the game value increase by about 2000 USD, so for 8 dominas or 10 dominas x 3~4 month per release x 2k = 60 ~ 80k game value
I am not saying that is what it is for sure but it's certainly looking like it at this slow rate of release. Sadly, some devs have done this and gotten away with it. In turn, that has a broken window effect which makes it easier for other devs to justify slowed releases. I really hope Dekarous has a legitimate reason and is better than that.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on this (and replying).

Sorry, assumed you were currently a backer. Having been deceived by various platforms voiding past content even if you already had paid for them, not a fan of anything that doesn't allow either piggybacking or paying upfront once and for all while being able to grab it again if you ever lose access to it (month X has been paid for, so you're not going to have to pay for it again... except nope, that's not how it works, gotta pay for that monthly part again)

I fully agree on both the ups and downs here, just not willing to contribute to something that has allowed another team to massively profit from something the community thought they would prevent, but in fact encouraged instead. Since it's been a development thing for Domina, I still don't get the "why not just get free devs" (hint: F95 has skilled coders, some users with zero posts are code experts, postcount-unrelated sections are a good way to look for them) part. :unsure:

I don't know how much Shiki charged for the art (and that's none of my business). Long as he focuses on Domina and not a completely random project to make more money regardless of how much collateral damage this causes, this is not a case of "something suspicious by pseudodevelopers with zero ethics".

If there are other artists than Shakie-chan (Shiki) involved by the way, please share, LoveHurts, since you're the one who shared that with us and developers aren't transparent enough about promoting their artists' public platforms (it's free advertising and people get to know who did the art). Pretty sure I did thank you for that already but thanks again, just in case.

Commissions aren't cheap, hell, a single picture commission on Skeb is a minimum of $30 USD now iirc. 15 alts? 450 bucks. This is why I don't use Skeb, that and I hate social networks so not going to create a social account just to commission something I can directly pay for without leaking any of my sensitive information on some SNS.

To make it less redundant, what's the part of the revamp you are looking for, personally, as Dekarous mentioned it would break saves so we'll just assume we'll all be restarting from scratch?

1. Kicking every Domina's ass again with the new builds?
2. Checking if the revamp affects interactions and getting raped harder by your favorite Domina(s)?
3. Just alternative art/scenes for existing Dominas?

2 and 3 here, but we have the CG teasers for 3 already. That would be for the dialogue and actual scenes, since Dekarous somehow managed to get me with Rosita's full text scenes in her "private room" where you get sent to reflect on how much of a degenerate handholder you are after bullying her. :p

edit: Still failing at mentions. I'm dumb, sorry for doing it wrong. And sorry for the long ass post, I'm trying to keep it short to avoid multiple posts and failing at it too.
I actually just found them by typing "Dekarous" into Deviantart. If I find any more artists associated with Domina I will be sure to post their pages on here. I haven't explored a lot of Rosita's content because I am afraid of scat content. Is this "Private Room" the shed by the memory crystal?

Well you know, sometimes people need to take a break and focus on other things in their live.

Dekarous is by no means bound to release new content. It's not his bread and butter job.

If the wait is too long, instead, give your patreon money to other, new developers who make similar games.

That said, I also hope for new content soon and am excited to see what the new staff member can contribute to the game.
I hope you are kidding. This might hold up is Dekarous was a fan developer creating a free game like AM2R. He is making Domina as a for-profit project and is accepting crowdfunding to pay for it's development. The people paying for the game expect a finished product completed in a reasonable timeframe.

Reactions: XMHK

Oct 26, 2017
I actually just found them by typing "Dekarous" into Deviantart. If I find any more artists associated with Domina I will be sure to post their pages on here. I haven't explored a lot of Rosita's content because I am afraid of scat content. Is this "Private Room" the shed by the memory crystal?
Fuck, I'm blind lol. Still, thank you for telling F95 about this, I'm still waiting for Teary to tell us if that's actually his art or he hired/commissioned artists so we can namespace proper gallery artist tags in a certain place. :sneaky:

The shack I'm talking about actually is the hut next to her house ("Rosita's Toilet"), with her toilet and bathtub. She sends you there to reflect on your actions if you dare pick up a fight with her in the early stages of her route and there are many interactions with the furniture. All of them are text-only, only the toilet itself requires enslavement to Rosita (102+ for her route variable, just checked the code to be sure because my shitty memory sure as hell wouldn't help heh).

As for scat content, I understand how Rosita could make some people uncomfortable (which hilariously also is the reason Rosita's my favorite here since I'm such a degenerate I'm into both chocolate and ass perfume, now why can't we just play as Llavanya, sigh).

You can at least avoid her bad end and some unwanted ass perfume if you have 12+ relationship points with her (amusingly enough, striking her and getting Edgar in "temporary hut detention" will increase your relationship by 1 point and following her will decrease by 1 instead) - generally be nice to her and if you don't want her ass perfume scenes, just do her hide-and-seek item pickup requests. If in doubt, perform a quick check for variable ID 30 (Rosita route progress) and ID 31 (Rosita relationship points). You also can't replay the good/bad end dialogue (just like all other Dominas) without tinkering with progress, but you can still get the scenes for Rosita either way. Slave gets you the additional toilet interaction in her hut with different dialogue (except for the initial part where she goes angry at Edgar) but that's about it.

And thanks for indirectly reminding me to expand those goddamn maps, I hate it when maps are collapsed in a project but so many RMMV/RMMZ games around I forget to do it for all projects. If a community user has been trying to do that and doesn't know how for some reason, just replace all JSON instances of "expanded":false to "expanded":true in MapInfos.json (/data/ folder) then save in your preferred text editor.

This is particularly useful for projects that have a lot of nested maps but beware if there are many maps, this can cause some laggy behavior in the RMMV/RMMZ project editor even on high-end computers.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Pros and cons of huge ass releases vs more reasonably paced updates. That is not what a tipjar is for and the lack of communication is a problem, so let's just hope this won't end badly. I'm not even into malesub content but I still love Domina, I love the concept, I love Shiki's art and the variety of fetishes and I enjoy Dek's dialogue and approach too. I'm far from the only one. Let's make sure it stays on the right track by just having Dekarous find a way.

(Yes, I obviously also love Llavanya, but I'm not going to go around asking Dek to implement this and that when there's clearly something bigger than he can handle in the making. Hell, I've never asked anyone to implement anything at any point in time and I'm not going to start. I've politely turned down free request and commission offers and as rude as it may be, this is extra work and favority treatment.)
The problem is this eventually leads to bad things for the developer even if they had no bad intentions. The lack of communication is a real issue, everyone with empathy and social skills 101 in the zone (and many of us, in spite of F95zone being "piracy-based", actually support multiple devs and artists, either on crowdfunding platforms or directly to avoid all fees and ensure the money goes to them and only them) perfectly understands this.

We don't want Dekarous or Teary to end up like a certain team of complete criminals with zero skill, zero effort and zero handling of constructive criticism and who managed to turn what used to be a great game into one of the worst examples of game development ethics while being shameless enough to completely brainwash their fanbase as well as set terrible precedents, all while draining them of their money in many shady ways.

Which neither Dekarous nor Teary has done so far. Domina is awesome and the community wants it to keep being awesome. I personally don't care if it takes months as long as he focuses on it and nothing else, but I'm not going to go pompous and force everyone else to feel the same way.

Your mileage may vary on this and we all respect this, but we all come here for Domina in any case. Let's just not turn this peaceful thread into free advertising for a "team" that deserves to be, at the very least, completely forgotten, but I also agree with LoveHurts and everyone else (in case the earlier stuff was unclear) that communication is important, in case it sounded like some of us are encouraging Dekarous to be lazy and not do anything, because that is not the case.

When devs get a slew of "update when" OR get endlessly praised by cultists, this causes them to get furious, depressed, deluded and/or lose motivation because the incentive and actual passion dies. Both are terrible mindsets and need a constructive, pro-and-con balanced approach. How do we solve this without reaching out to some random community on the Internet? Can't reply to every single random poster on the Internet, so just make progress reports public. If it has teasers then make them just text-only if you don't want early leaks. Just an idea there, please feel free to make what you want of it, not going to judge.

If the staff kindly allows me for a mini tangent here (it won't take long, pinky promise), the issue is pledge-based websites managed to incite - and now encourage - shameless or simply lazy individuals to turn what used to be intended as a tip jar (street performer does stuff you like, you toss a coin to show your appreciation) into a full-blown money laundering scheme. Thanks for your understanding F95 staff, I'll keep it at that. :)

edit: Apologies for the DP but putting both in the same post would have looked like a huge, incoherent wall of text. Still a wall of text, but hopefully less incoherent...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
I 100% agree he should quit his day job, shut himself in and focus on getting this game done. Hes charging for aid in funding the development how dare this dev not complete the game in a 'reasonable timeframe' whist also providing regular alpha versions and being more accepting of a pirate forums opinion on the project than many other devs on the site.

sarcasm aside the amount the dev is making off the project is not a reasonable justification for acceleration of development schedule. We live in a time where you can make some extra money on the side by taking pictures of your feet. People will spend their money in ways you dont agree with the only real founding you can use is if the developer directly promised their community something.

Just because someone makes a lot of crowdfunded money per month should not directly affect your expectation of the project, just because i believe pig should fly does not make it so

Oct 26, 2017
Could someone please tell me the name of the music that plays in the Cerulean Fields? Thanks in advance!
The Cerulean Fields.ogg.

Sorry, not trolling, it's just that... I'm actually deaf, so I wouldn't know the actual one.
(That's the filename of the map BGM, if that helps...)

yamichan

Dec 28, 2019
Just picked up this gem and am stuck on Katrina, I can't even level past 1 because the skeletons in the dungeon on the left are so hard to kill. Any tips or pointers? I've picked the Arcanist class.

Dec 6, 2018
Just picked up this gem and am stuck on Katrina, I can't even level past 1 because the skeletons in the dungeon on the left are so hard to kill. Any tips or pointers? I've picked the Arcanist class.
It has been a bit and I have not used the arcanist class so I am not sure how much help I will be. If you are having trouble killing the skeletons, you should be able to still get some exp from Katrina when you lose (unless that was removed when the skeletons were added). If you can get exp from her, I suggest loseing to her until you gain a level and try again on the skeletons. Also, there will be a new version coming out hopefully before the end of the month. This new version will cause saves from past versions to not work so you may not wanna commit too much time yet until then.

blufalcon

Dec 14, 2018
Why did this dude add 100+ skills and all these mobs and stuff? That's a balancing nightmare. It was perfect the way it was before then. Each floor felt intimate and had tension. Now I gotta swipe through 30 fights just to get some flowers so I can be a good boy for mom.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
For those who are interested, I found the theme from then you get dominated by one of the dominas. It's called "Just as Soon"

Reactions: XMHK

yamichan

Dec 28, 2019
It has been a bit and I have not used the arcanist class so I am not sure how much help I will be. If you are having trouble killing the skeletons, you should be able to still get some exp from Katrina when you lose (unless that was removed when the skeletons were added). If you can get exp from her, I suggest loseing to her until you gain a level and try again on the skeletons. Also, there will be a new version coming out hopefully before the end of the month. This new version will cause saves from past versions to not work so you may not wanna commit too much time yet until then.
Wow thanks for the heads up I might leave it to then instead then I managed to scrape by Katrina after picking up a soul steal or whatever skill from the reaper.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Thanks man! That's another one I was looking for.
I'm glad to help. This will be the perfect music for when Madeline takes her favorite "Champion" out for walkies.

Thanks. Hopefully we don't have to refer to this as a joke in the upcoming future.

New content in the works or still overhaul limbo?
I hope not either. This delay is getting out of hand. I think the world of Dekarous but even I am getting worried.

• Sad
Reactions: SnakeSnek

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
I'm glad to help. This will be the perfect music for when Madeline takes her favorite "Champion" out for walkies.

I hope not either. This delay is getting out of hand. I think the world of Dekarous but even I am getting worried.
I can wait for a year if necessary, but if this game was canceled I will be sad, and I am not a suporter so all I can do is wait.

3.40 star(s) 52 Votes