trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
So when are we finally going to be able to curb stomp Dennis, because I'm sick of seeing his smug face when he's doing the shit he's doing.
What annoys me about Dennis is he diminishes the other characters. I hope he gets written out but this dev likes to create unnecessary drama no matter how unlikable he has to make the other characters seem to accomplish it.

Like your ex gf stripping for random dudes on IM. The teacher too. Are they supposed to still be RM interests? They seem cheap.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
What annoys me about Dennis is he diminishes the other characters. I hope he gets written out but this dev likes to create unnecessary drama no matter how unlikable he has to make the other characters seem to accomplish it.

Like your ex gf stripping for random dudes on IM. The teacher too. Are they supposed to still be RM interests? They seem cheap.
My concern is that the nice sister/roommate closed her computer really quickly when MC sat down. If she ends up giving material to Dennis, this game will be dead to me.

fzaner

Dec 27, 2016
i'm so glad things going slowly and more focused about story.

thing is i really wish that johanna won't send nudes to dennis, because that will kill the story. for me it's like this whole story are made only about her, she's the waifu and everything in this game. atleast make a choice to make her cheap girl or not since she's clearly have a crazy crush on MC.

am sayin this because the game somehow adopted the *Oni-chan* japanese-manga-style where things eventually ends with sush a tragedy, about how we can't be toghter because we are family and stuff.

the preview of ep 5 about johanna kisses was so hot. this gonna be a long month to finally watch her loved the way she deserves.

writing in this game is excellent for english trash like me, i enjoyed and understanded the story perfectly :love:

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I don't get the whole premise of this game. The whole thing is so stupid that if you actually read the shit that it makes the whole thing unbelieveable.

The MC is responsible for some huge mysterious accident that kills twelve people (including his parents) but isn't prosecuted so nothing criminal. So I understand the guilt factor involved but not the sisters total blame about how its all MC's fault because according to her he did it intentionally. Stilll trying to figure out what the mysterious accident could be? Avalanche is the only thing I can think of that would be ruled a accident so no criminal charges. However I have lived around ski towns my whole life and no ski resort would open and allow people to be on the slopes under a avalanche warning. Imagine the lawsuit potential if they did. They all shut down, have a controlled blast to clear it, replow the runs and reopen. Tabeloid prints article about how "Mass Murderer parties while victims are dead" or something like that. OMG talk about stupid bullshit drama. MC would have lawyers calling him up, offering to sue the tabeloid for free just for their percentage of the lawsuit. There are a shit ton of laws against it.

Dennis is a idiot who blackmails the MC into doing stupid stuff because he has 300 hrs on his gamertag over a summer he was supposedly gone? Who is that stupid that they get blackmailed for such a stupid fucking reason? Add in the fact that there are really no choices in this game. No matter what I select I end up doing what the other person wants. Turn Lauren down for a date? Nope go on the date anyway. Try to go to bed rather than stay up with sister? Nope stay up with sister anyway. Try to turn down Dennis's bullshit deal? Nope accept Dennis's bullshit deal anyway. This isn't a game its a VN with choices that don't really influence anything with a storyline that is so fucking retarded that the only reason I'm still following it is so I can see where this bullshit ends up.

Palmer in my mind has seriously gone downhill since he abandoned Emily. His art is awesome but his stories are so bullshit that even a idiot would be like WTF!!

Last edited:

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
was either underager or he couldn't have prevented that accident but still got some jailtime.
He didn't do any jail time. No mention of any court proceedings, either civil or criminal.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I don't get the whole premise of this game. The whole thing is so stupid that if you actually read the shit that it makes the whole thing unbelieveable.

The MC is responsible for some huge mysterious accident that kills twelve people (including his parents) but isn't prosecuted so nothing criminal. So I understand the guilt factor involved but not the sisters total blame about how its all MC's fault because according to her he did it intentionally. Stilll trying to figure out what the mysterious accident could be? Avalanche is the only thing I can think of that would be ruled a accident so no criminal charges. However I have lived around ski towns my whole life and no ski resort would open and allow people to be on the slopes under a avalanche warning. Imagine the lawsuit potential if they did. They all shut down, have a controlled blast to clear it, replow the runs and reopen. Tabeloid prints article about how "Mass Murderer parties while victims are dead" or something like that. OMG talk about stupid bullshit drama. MC would have lawyers calling him up, offering to sue the tabeloid for free just for their percentage of the lawsuit. There are a shit ton of laws against it.

Dennis is a idiot who blackmails the MC into doing stupid stuff because he has 300 hrs on his gamertag over a summer he was supposedly gone? Who is that stupid that they get blackmailed for such a stupid fucking reason? Add in the fact that there are really no choices in this game. No matter what I select I end up doing what the other person wants. Turn Lauren down for a date? Nope go on the date anyway. Try to go to bed rather than stay up with sister? Nope stay up with sister anyway. Try to turn down Dennis's bullshit deal? Nope accept Dennis's bullshit deal anyway. This isn't a game its a VN with choices that don't really influence anything with a storyline that is so fucking retarded that the only reason I'm still following it is so I can see where this bullshit ends up.

Palmer in my mind has seriously gone downhill since he abandoned Emily. His art is awesome but his stories are so bullshit that even a idiot would be like WTF!!
Thanks for your feedback! The first episodes are indeed quite linear in order to develop the story later (e.g episode 5). You have misinterpreted parts of the story, and why the MC is acting the way he is. The choices in this game are actually much deeper than in DFD. It starts to definitely show in Episode 5, and of course in later chapters. It's a story-heavy game that takes time to develop. That is obviously not for everyone. Also keep in mind we have to follow Patreon TOS. Thanks again.

Reactions: Twistty

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
You have misinterpreted parts of the story, and why the MC is acting the way he is. The choices in this game are actually much deeper than in DFD. It starts to definitely show in Episode 5, and of course in later chapters. It's a story-heavy game that takes time to develop.
What parts did I misinterpret? I can only go off what you tell me of the story. He hides away from the world because of an accident that you have not explained. His sister, Tamara, straight up tells him that its his fault.

Guess I will see in the future updates if choices matter but so far they haven't made a difference to anything I can see. You have literally made a game that no matter what I choose I end up on the same path. In literature courses they call this a "plot force" where you appear to offer the reader/player a choice when in all actuallity there is no choice. It's also considered a lazy way to write.

Looking back through this forum I'm not the only one who doesn't like or understand this story. I can't tell if its your storytelling ability to not be able to explain it properly or my ability to understand a story that has more holes than a mesh shirt. Meh either way. I'm hoping that your being intentionally vague on the story but the parts that are missing would really go a long way to making the story make sense or continue to fall flat.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Guess I will see in the future updates if choices matter but so far they haven't made a difference to anything I can see. You have literally made a game that no matter what I choose I end up on the same path.
Absolutely. But as I explained in my previous answer; the first episodes are a setup for the main story line and character archs, and as such has to be linear. In Ep5 and future episodes, you will definitely notice the consequences of your choices. Hopefully you'll enjoy those episodes more. Thank you again!

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I am just into Ep 2 ... but there is a HUGE problem. The MC says "Too bad I'm not into MILFs." .... thats impossible. The term states that you are into them. If you are not into older women or mid-old women thats fine, but you cannot not like MILFs. :) ... because the term says that they are women you like to fuck ... you know...

Oh and the caring girl is SO adorable! .. you want to hug your monitor ... have to continue ... :p

Edit: Is there a way to avoid the teaser images? I hate this kind of preview stuff. :(

Last edited:

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Absolutely. But as I explained in my previous answer; the first episodes are a setup for the main story line and character archs, and as such has to be linear. In Ep5 and future episodes, you will definitely notice the consequences of your choices. Hopefully you'll enjoy those episodes more. Thank you again!
In reference to Ep5 - Unless your talking about the minor choices, major choices about what the MC does in reference to your linear VN, all the choices are yours.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
So, I have played through ep.4, question is this an "Illusion of choice" type thing? I only ask because I am not into Lauren yet I have to go on a date with her? Dennis is a perverted fuck stick that needs to disappear from this story. And im still confused on the sisters. 1 is, I guess, in love with him...while the other is 13 shy of a dozen in terms of stability.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
no need to go on date with lauren, mc can stay home with 1 of sister's and you'll miss bit.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
no need to go on date with lauren, mc can stay home with 1 of sister's and you'll miss bit.
Actually, I did choose, that maybe it isnt a good idea and still went on the date with Lauren. Problem is, the choices, or illusion there of is off putting for me. Why introduce characters that the player can not pick and choose from? The illusion is this.....Make a choice, it doesnt matter, do what the NPC wants, End up from point A to B in the exact same way you would have if there was no "choice". It comes down to this, I have been a long time supporter of Palmer. Problem is this is, its back-sliding. The "Illusion of choice" the lack of choice mattering, The lack of anything the player chooses is not in his wheel house. Personal opinion aside, this doesnt feel like his work, its all wrong on so many levels

3.30 star(s) 90 Votes