CPUOverload

Sep 5, 2018
(In response to LeLeon)

Hey thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

1) Sure, it's possible for something like that to happen, no issues there.

2) Also another possibility and that's being portrayed by the developers in the game as it goes on.

3) Someone else said the exact same thing you've said about the choices. That it might have an impact later on in the game. This still doesn't answer as to why choices don't matter in the current chapters. If they matter in chapters 6 onwards, why isn't it shown in the previous chapters?

4) I also agree with not being able to avoid Dennis. It's mildly annoying having to talk to him when you don't want anything to do with him. It seems to me, after thinking about it even more in depth, that the MC is just a cardboard cut out exclaiming "Oh woe me? How could I have avoided such a situation which damages my reputation?" whenever a obvious shady shit is on the horizon. He's appears ignorant to the fact that the recordings in the end of chapter 5 could (And probably will be) used for malicious intent. Anyone who is able to see that this would fuck up the MC without need of hindsight but instead were forced to partake in it, avoiding the who situation. This is clearly a design implementation as a last resort to keep Dennis in if the MC doesn't want anything to do with him.

If anyone wants to rebuttal this, I'm all open to other reasons as to why the game is made this way.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Someshyguy

Jul 11, 2019
you don't mean her vid which denny showed?
The one which we were told was added when you first go on a date with her (enrich the bj scene)- if we play the ep again will it be retroactively available or only if you have supported on patreon?

DarkGod7

Mar 22, 2019
Alright, Palmer. I'll be real with you. This Skiing accident? This little campfire the plot keeps dancing around? Yeah, stop that. Every mention of the incident sounds like a riddle with no solution. I mean seriously, building up a little intrigue is one thing, keeping the reader/player guessing and strongly desiring to know? Totally fine, but it's been 5 episodes now. Just...out with it. The characters talk about it like its the one thing no one should ever mention directly, only being able to hint at it with just enough info to broadcast that something fucked up happened, but also just enough that the reader/player gets nowhere when trying to figure it out. And every possible guess is in a logical superposition where, from the reader's perspective, it could just as easily be right as it could be wrong and it's making me anxious. I just want to know what the Main Character could have done that was so bad that no one can even directly refer to it without talking circles around it. Please. Stop this.

P.S. If your goal was to write an annoying character with words like high grain sandpaper, you succeeded with Tamara. Seriously, fuck her. She is so conniving and razor-tongued. She is one of the only characters that evoke real anger-like feelings out of me. Everything she says, the way she says them...She gets under my skin and I strongly dislike her.

Last edited:

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
(In response to LeLeon)

4) I also agree with not being able to avoid Dennis. It's mildly annoying having to talk to him when you don't want anything to do with him. It seems to me, after thinking about it even more in depth, that the MC is just a cardboard cut out exclaiming "Oh woe me? How could I have avoided such a situation which damages my reputation?" whenever a obvious shady shit is on the horizon. He's appears ignorant to the fact that the recordings in the end of chapter 5 could (And probably will be) used for malicious intent. Anyone who is able to see that this would fuck up the MC without need of hindsight but instead were forced to partake in it, avoiding the who situation. This is clearly a design implementation as a last resort to keep Dennis in if the MC doesn't want anything to do with him.

If anyone wants to rebuttal this, I'm all open to other reasons as to why the game is made this way.
Looked to me in episode 6 that choices from the previous one still didnt matter

Dialogues went by like if you rejected all of dennis' shit, including the Ms Walsh part

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Alright, Palmer. I'll be real with you. This Skiing accident? This little campfire the plot keeps dancing around? Yeah, stop that. Every mention of the incident sounds like a riddle with no solution. I mean seriously, building up a little intrigue is one thing, keeping the reader/player guessing and strongly desiring to know? Totally fine, but it's been 5 episodes now. Just...out with it. The characters talk about it like its the one thing no one should ever mention directly, only being able to hint at it with just enough info to broadcast that something fucked up happened, but also just enough that the reader/player gets nowhere when trying to figure it out. And every possible guess is in a logical superposition where, from the reader's perspective, it could just as easily be right as it could be wrong and it's making me anxious. I just want to know what the Main Character could have done that was so bad that no one can even directly refer to it without talking circles around it. Please. Stop this.

P.S. If your goal was to write an annoying character with words like high grain sandpaper, you succeeded with Tamara. Seriously, fuck her. She is so conniving and razor-tongued. She is one of the only characters that evoke real anger-like feelings out of me. Everything she says, the way she says them...She gets under my skin and I strongly dislike her.

Thank you for your feedback man!

DarkGod7

Mar 22, 2019
Thank you for your feedback man!
No problem...and I'm sorry if I came off abrasive, or aggressive, I honestly didn't mean to. It's just that I had gotten done playing the release and I was just... a wee bit frustrated. I usually temper my emotions when typing and, rereading it now, I feel like I was a bit too sharp with you and you honestly don't deserve that; you guys work hard and I enjoy your work. Not many things can make me feel things the way this narrative does. Thanks for even taking the time out.

Reactions: Palmer

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
another good update (ep 5, just too short) and finally mc got laid and as usual episode ended on cliffhanger.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018

escalating.png

A lot of things are happening in the next episode of Double Homework coming this month! We think a lot of you will be surprised and definitely enjoy this one as much as we do making it! The image above is obviously a screenshot from the next episode, and it turns out libraries are not only good for reading books. Stay tuned for more previews!
Download the 1080p image attached to this post below (work in progress)

Pathvader

Jan 8, 2018
Dennis Dennis Dennis...... Might as well call him Eric!!!! I know it has been said before plenty of times about choices meaning nothing but really with Dennis it is the same NTR feeling you get from Eric. And I am not talking about him taking your romantic characters. I am talking about the whole being forced into doing something that neither you nor the Character your are playing would do. The MC is supposedly an elite skier and therefore must be somewhat in shape and have strength. I know people will say yes but its been awhile since he was in a gym. And in truth that does have some warrant as an argument but not in the time-frame we are given in this game. Even being out of working out for months he would still be in enough shape and strength to simply use the threat of force or harm to make Dennis give up those pictures. And the whole threat of his "mountain retreat" story being found out as a lie, would not make him stop from getting those pics back. As he is written, it seems he would be the hero who would rather take the hit than have them take one, for any reason. Maybe not so much T since she is being a self serving witch when it comes to her relationship with the MC. But since he still has love for them as his Sisters, Friends, roommates whatever the choice was, he would not let Dennis have that power for one second.

Now with more choices not mattering. I decided to agree to Dennis'/Eric's plan of splitting the girls simply because i didn't want to have to deal with his bs from the start. Figured if I made the choices of girl he was to go after then I wouldn't be forced to be with them and therefore what he did or didnt do made no difference for my play-through. I gave him that Lauren skank and Rachel, from the start. And then forced to be with someone I have no desire to see even one nude of. It does put a hamper on me liking this game. And that is truly sad because I have loved the other Palmer games, even with the slow, mind-numbing burn that is used in them. I didn't need Morgan to tell me she was a no good gold digging whore (or I guess, "Fame digging whore" in this case.), it was a given in the fact she was titled Posh girl before we ever got her name, and her whole demeanor is of someone who only really cares about herself and what she can get out of the deal..

Now that being said, since the Dev decided he had to have even more "Drama" added to the MC's life by having photos taken at a club, I can see making the MC go with the someone for it. (Although the MC as written and by the choices I made as a player would have never gone with any of them to the bar) But that being the case then there should never be a "choice" given as to whether you want the MC to want her (Lauren) or not. He very easily could have used one of the girls chosen by the player when they were given the choice of who to try to get closer to. And of all the things to have that forced experience come between the MC and the only person who has cared for him from the beginning. WTFH!!!!!

3.30 star(s) 90 Votes