dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Any chance of using singular objects rather than a whole environment? Like a desk, a cabinet or even a cut of wall? I can deal with not having full backgrounds but would prefer if the characters could physically interact with things.
Those were my thoughts as well. Especially with sex scenes, where it's pretty much required for coherence unless it's a stand-and-lift fuck or on-the-knees blowjob or something.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
This is kind of like what I'm expecting, but with a blurred background picture...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And I've seen worse...like a top down view where they look like they are just floating overtop objects that they shouldn't be able to in a 3D space.

Edit...here's something I whipped together real quick to better illustrate what I'm thinking is going to happen (likely way better quality, though).

Last edited:
Reactions: Byczer and HB38

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I share the concern over the sex scenes. Just the girls/characters (as sprites, or overlayed on a background) can work just fine for dialog conversations.

But I don't think it works at all for sex scenes. The games I've played like that always have the scene, more or less, floating in space. Sometimes on a bed in space. Sometimes not. But it's the same issue, it lacks any intimacy and it's not erotic at all.

The environment doesn't need to be a full-blown environment. Just something there. To give the scenes some realism and context.

A game that does this, that I like a lot, is LOML. The developer uses sprites most of the time, on a usually blurred background. But they still use environments with rendered characters, even very simple ones like the office desk, a couch, a bed and or a table.

Examples from that game:

The compromise, IMO, isn't to scrap the environments because the artist doesn't like messing with them. While you (and the fans) like the environments. The compromise is to use simpler environments for sex/erotic scenes, and use sprites/overlays the rest of the time.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I share the concern over the sex scenes. Just the girls/characters (as sprites, or overlayed on a background) can work just fine for dialog conversations.

But I don't think it works at all for sex scenes. The games I've played like that always have the scene, more or less, floating in space. Sometimes on a bed in space. Sometimes not. But it's the same issue, it lacks any intimacy and it's not erotic at all.

The environment doesn't need to be a full-blown environment. Just something there. To give the scenes some realism and context.

A game that does this, that I like a lot, is LOML. The developer uses sprites most of the time, on a usually blurred background. But they still use environments with rendered characters, even very simple ones like the office desk, a couch, a bed and or a table.

Examples from that game:

The compromise, IMO, isn't to scrap the environments because the artist doesn't like messing with them. While you (and the fans) like the environments. The compromise is to use simpler environments for sex/erotic scenes, and use sprites/overlays the rest of the time.
I don't think those are royalty free stock images used in any of those backgrounds. Those look like fully rendered backgrounds using Daz (or similar) assets. Whereas it seems the new artist would use real life photos from stock images and then blur them as backgrounds, placing sprites over them. I could be totally wrong here though...

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I would say I hate to be that guy but that would be a blatant lie because I love being that guy; this game is as dead as Milfy City. No fault of the dev, circumstances have conspired to kill this project.

Unfollow the thread and move on with your lives

• Thinking Face
Reactions: User1230

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019

Examples from that game:

Those environments are fully rendered 3d scenes. The blurring is because of a limited Depth of Field, like you would get when you took a picture with a camera and a lens with a wide open aperture.

Biscardone

May 2, 2020
I think the biggest challenge for me going forward is going to be compromise. I've had sole ownership for so long, that having to find the middle ground with another artistic personality...it's tough.
If I may, I think this is the core of the issue. Let's forget for a moment Patreon, obligations and such things, as they were. Can you really settle for "something is better than nothing", even if it means straying from your vision and partly losing ownership of your project? Or would you rather settle for the project never being realized, if it means it won't be compromised in any significant way? In my opinion, this is something you should decide by yourself, to grant yourself the least amount of future regrets.
By the way, another kind of compromise could be thinking of rewriting the whole game in a different form by yourself, like a pure text adventure for example. Blasphemy, I know: but again, it would be a way to keep the full ownership of your story.
In any case, good luck for your future endeavors!

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I don't envy RomanHume. This is a tough position to be in.

To take away from the negativity of some of my posts on this topic, it's just because I really like this story, the characters, and the art. RomanHume did a great job and that's why it pains me to see it could possibly go in the proposed direction.

Also, I forgot the reason why RH isn't doing the renders anymore. Guess I can try to search the thread...it's just been so long that I forgot the reason behind it.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
RomanHume tell her that she needs to get past the idea of re-doing the old scenes. Lots of games die when devs decided to remake it from the start in HD, it's a daft idea. Changing the hair can be just handwaved in the story as a change of style.

New content attracts new people, remaking the game takes time and isn't a money maker.

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
RomanHume tell her that she needs to get past the idea of re-doing the old scenes. Lots of games die when devs decided to remake it from the start in HD, it's a daft idea. Changing the hair can be just handwaved in the story as a change of style.

New content attracts new people, remaking the game takes time and isn't a money maker.
It even actively annoys people who still 'hang on'.
"Oh, an update aweso... oh, just another remake. Fuuuuuuck." - me, countless times in the last months.
Plus, it always comes with that reek of milking, especially if the game hasn't even moved all that far or doesn't even have a dated look.

turdo

Jul 6, 2020
This caught my attention, simple question, yes or no answer, as it stands today does the story come to a satisfying conclusion?

4.40 star(s) 78 Votes