The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
He has always promised the world and delivered much less (he has claimed the game was already coded and written two years ago). This game has been going nowhere for 4 years full of empty and broken promises. Sometimes it's just best to move on.

The game had an interesting premise but is never going to be completed
I think developers/games like these have become cautionary tales here on F95, and have made me incredibly weary and super-hesitant to support any project. Sure, there are some great developers out there that deliver consistent, and quality, updates, but there are some developers, and we all know who they are, who rely upon their anonymity and "promises" to wrangle in unsuspecting supporters and then limp on collecting money on Patreon while delivering absolutely fucking nothing.

Last edited:

Sylandrical

Aug 3, 2018
I think developers/games like these have become cautionary tales here on F95, and have made me incredibly weary and super-hesitant to support any project. Sure, there are some great developers out there that deliver consistent, and quality, updates, but there are some developers, and we all know who they are, who rely upon their anonymity and "promises" to wrangle in unsuspecting supporters and then limp on collecting money on Patreon while delivering absolutely fucking nothing.
Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
When he worked from home for a while during the pandemic, he made pretty steady progress. One of the reasons we only got the Cassie (and maybe Amanda?) update during that time is he works on several characters at once, even though they aren't in the update. I watched his streams pretty regularly. Which he did during his "work" hours.

But his new job pretty much killed that. He has to travel a lot and has more responsibilities to the job. He can still write and code, but he has no time to do any art. Which is why he attempted to hire an artist. I don't know if his friend thing worked out or not, so I guess we'll know eventually.
I don't really believe anything he says. He said in February he was also going to switch to a per creation model but never followed through.

Also to be clear Patrons bought him two PC's one in 2018 and 2021. Daz lets you queue up renders he does not need to remote desktop to do work. He can do work on his laptop then transfer the project files and queue up the renders at home. All this is pretty basic for anyone with a rudimentary level of PC knowledge let alone someone allegedly in charge of infomatics. Anyways people will believe what they want as they say a sucker is born every minute

The sad thing unlike other devs he really hasn't ever really developed much. Devs like Gumdrop and ICSTOR at least released content got a base before scamming their patrons Hume basically was stuck on writing an intro for three years and people still donated 500 bucks a month to him.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I don't really believe anything he says. He said in February he was also going to switch to a per creation model but never followed through.

Also to be clear Patrons bought him two PC's one in 2018 and 2021. Daz lets you queue up renders he does not need to remote desktop to do work. He can do work on his laptop then transfer the project files and queue up the renders at home. All this is pretty basic for anyone with a rudimentary level of PC knowledge let alone someone allegedly in charge of infomatics. Anyways people will believe what they want as they say a sucker is born every minute

The sad thing unlike other devs he really hasn't ever really developed much. Devs like Gumdrop and ICSTOR at least released content got a base before scamming their patrons Hume basically was stuck on writing an intro for three years and people still donated 500 bucks a month to him.
The unfortunate side of crowd-funding...

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
IIRC, toward the end of the latest version there was an indication that Cassie would become pregnant.
Thanks, i wrote thos when i didn't understand A) the tags are for both seasons and B) it rwally was just that random. Finally got thd blond preggers.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's unbelievable. How come this game cannot find required developer help? Not much story-driven games out there. So sad. I was waiting for scenes involving the girl at the club that had "daddy issues".
Sadly, most people with the skills want to do their own thing, not be part of a team.

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
I am disappointed, I really enjoyed this game, so many interesting and amazing story lines and so many choices, both conventional and taboo, but It is what it is, I hope it gets going sometime in future, or an amazing remake

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
How does one learn about DAZ, since the creator said they needed one?
Just download it (it is free on their site), and practice. There are better tutorials for Blender, but Daz has some too.
The hardest part to learn is lighting, but for that, any lighting tutorials will help, the same general rules apply for it, it's just the mechanics that change. It is the most important skill, and one of the hardest to learn (for me anyway).

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It is the most important skill, and one of the hardest to learn (for me anyway).
Totally agree with this. I've played around with it a bit myself and plan to keep going at it once I build my new PC. But yeah, definitely the most difficult for me. I wish more F95 users would take a stab at it just so they realize how much work goes into making a few renders. Then they might be less inclined to bitch about how long a release takes. :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Totally agree with this. I've played around with it a bit myself and plan to keep going at it once I build my new PC. But yeah, definitely the most difficult for me. I wish more F95 users would take a stab at it just so they realize how much work goes into making a few renders. Then they might be less inclined to bitch about how long a release takes. :p
Especially, when like with this game, the dev makes a lot of the assets themselves.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019

My problem has never been with update times in general. My issue arises when Devs ( not necessarily lambs,keep making promises.

At a certain point just admit you don't know when it's coming.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
My problem has never been with update times in general. My issue arises when Devs ( not necessarily lambs,keep making promises.

At a certain point just admit you don't know when it's coming.
I think this dev did that...stating they were trying to find someone to do the renders.

Either way...no communication for a long time from him, so it doesn't matter at this point.

I was more or less saying in general. A lot of people on this site, not supporting the devs, lose their fucking shit when it's been 3, 4, 5 months or so since the last release. They truly don't realize the amount of effort that it takes to make something like Dr. Amana...and they also don't take into account the fact that many of these devs have day jobs/careers and families. Or simply just need some time with friends. They act as if a dev's every living, breathing, moment, should be dedicated to their story.

Anyway, I hope this comes back to life at some point. It would be such a shame if it went to waste.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I think this dev did that...stating they were trying to find someone to do the renders.

Either way...no communication for a long time from him, so it doesn't matter at this point.

I was more or less saying in general. A lot of people on this site, not supporting the devs, lose their fucking shit when it's been 3, 4, 5 months or so since the last release. They truly don't realize the amount of effort that it takes to make something like Dr. Amana...and they also don't take into account the fact that many of these devs have day jobs/careers and families. Or simply just need some time with friends. They act as if a dev's every living, breathing, moment, should be dedicated to their story.

Anyway, I hope this comes back to life at some point. It would be such a shame if it went to waste.
I get what you're saying. Think we're pretty much in agreement about everything.

4.40 star(s) 78 Votes