fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
The biggest difference is she doesn't want to fuck around with environments.
I've enjoyed some games that did a mixed style where the majority of the game is characters in front of static images (be they stylized photos or renders for locations that keep getting reused) but they would still have full on rendered scenes for important sequences i.e. sexy time or big story beats as opposed to "MC goes to work at the office, he stands in front of a .png"

Games like Light of my Life and Healslut make pretty good use of this "character sprites in front of a static image" system for the dialogue scenes, which obviously saves a lot of time and effort, but they still do full renders for "action" scenes.

But if your artist doesn't want to do environments at all I don't think that's acceptable. Removing and remaking all the existing good art on top of it is a waste of time and frankly kind of taking a butcher's knife to the game's legacy. Also not really a fan of the "so blurred, it looks like you're having a stroke" style in the first place. I'd personally take real renders and no animations over the opposite any day.

Look, this is one of my absolute favorite games and I'd love to see where you'd take it next, even with a somewhat downgraded graphic style, but this is too many compromises. I always thought your writing was the most important part of the game, but the great renders and music choices really put it over the top and made it a full experience.

I'd rather wait another year for a real update than have some cheap knockoff version.

verizon_vader

Jun 4, 2022
When that happens just report the OP and let the mods know whats down.

I did it for you this time.
Thank you.. I am new to this site and do not know how any of this works.. Sorry for the trouble. Is there like an FAQ section where I can understand more?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Reactions: verizon_vader

Griftomedia

Jun 9, 2022
Finally, after literal years of fans coping with long delays and no releases we can once and for all confirm this game is abandoned and forever dead :LUL:

Reactions: aquamann485

nuclearbomb

Mar 26, 2018
Was sad reading the last page about the potential route this game might go down.. Changing the art style to models over blurred backgrounds is such a extreme compromise that I personally think its best letting the game stay dead.

BadWolf71

Jan 1, 2019
The creator ought to do something with the rights of this game. As in letting someone else take over. There are a few games that need this as well. Hell, I would take a crack at learning how to do everything to take over this one. It's too good to be abandoned and needs to be finished. I'm pretty good when it comes to coming up with a story and writing it. I've always been good with wordplay and stories.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
The creator ought to do something with the rights of this game. As in letting someone else take over. There are a few games that need this as well. Hell, I would take a crack at learning how to do everything to take over this one. It's too good to be abandoned and needs to be finished. I'm pretty good when it comes to coming up with a story and writing it. I've always been good with wordplay and stories.
That is not the issue
He has story and can keep working story but he is away from home and his render box
Read the discussion this is all posted here

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
So I'm only half sold on the approach. But she does want to do animations for the sex scenes so that is a plus.
Animations should be approached only if all the rest is perfect, because they take a huge amount of development time and add nothing to the story. A very good VN can avoid animations but it cannot avoid a good art. That blurred image looks really unpleasant, in my opinion. But obviously if you have no other choice you have to take a decision.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Sad to see this one abandoned, have to admit I didn't have much hope for it with the long development cycle and splitting of the content. Regardless the dev is talented and I hope brushes himself off and moves onto something a tad bit less ambitious.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin
4.40 star(s) 78 Votes