dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Agree, looking at it better. Eyes look off and dead like. And thats not to mention the hair for me as well. The red streak doesn't suit her personality and style, nor the style used. She's the rebel/punk gal so maybe undercut thats blonde, or if Meeps is insistant on the red, maybe on the tips of the hair with the undercut style.
This post is a little better. Seriously no offense, but little honest feedback for you too, that your previous posts were a little harsh. (I'm really not trying to attack you here either or start a back and forth). Sure, we're fans of the original and Roman did a great job while he had the time, so of course we don't want changes to a game we admired. But she's putting her best into it now, regardless of if we old fans like the changes. For all I know until I play it, the new game might or might not be my thing or yours. (For me it likely depends on how much input Roman has in the writing, which was the biggest strength, IMO, along with the subtle & suitable changes in facial expressions). But it could be great for a new set of fans, regardless of if I enjoy it or not (won't know until I play, of course).

Basically, it hurts to see your hard work (which isn't actually bad, just different) get trashed. Just maybe keep in mind there's a human on the other end of the screen doing that work.

Last edited:

meepish

Jan 9, 2023
people are passionate. i hate when things I love get fucked with too.

i'm just wore out because all that passion for the original has been heaped on me since i started.

i know its not personal. and i'm getting a thicker skin about it. this is just very very very very new to me!

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019

i'm just wore out because all that passion for the original has been heaped on me since i started.

i know its not personal. and i'm getting a thicker skin about it. this is just very very very very new to me!
You got the right attitude. Keep doing what you're doing. All those people criticizing you who didn't pick up the game from romie have no right to complain. If they think they could have done better, they should have gotten off their asses and done it themselves.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021

Yeah. You do you, is all I can say. Take constructive criticism and brush off anything mean (easier said than done). Fanbases can be rabid. I'd almost weigh the pros and cons of starting a new thread Dr Amana 2.0 and linking it in page 1 of this thread. Might side-step some old fans who don't want change, but at the same time, may lose some potential followers.

Reactions: meepish

meepish

Jan 9, 2023
Yeah. You do you, is all I can say. Take constructive criticism and brush off anything mean (easier said than done). Fanbases can be rabid. I'd almost weigh the pros and cons of starting a new thread Dr Amana 2.0 and linking it in page 1 of this thread. Might side-step some old fans who don't want change, but at the same time, may lose some potential followers.
yeah i figure since the name and everything is changing anyway...

but cant do nuthin till first scenes are out.

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
This post is a little better. Seriously no offense, but little honest feedback for you too, that your previous posts were a little harsh. (I'm really not trying to attack you here either or start a back and forth). Sure, we're fans of the original and Roman did a great job while he had the time, so of course we don't want changes to a game we admired. But she's putting her best into it now, regardless of if we old fans like the changes. For all I know until I play it, the new game might or might not be my thing or yours. (For me it likely depends on how much input Roman has in the writing, which was the biggest strength, IMO). But it could be great for a new set of fans, regardless of if I enjoy it or not (won't know until I play, of course).

Basically, it hurts to see your hard work (which isn't actually bad, just different) get trashed. Just maybe keep in mind there's a human on the other end of the screen doing that work.
Some can see was what I say as harsh, I see it as being bluntly honest, to which I don't care either way what I say is called. I'm the kinda of person who isn't one to filter my thoughts. Take it as you will.

And yeah, I get it, Meeps is going to do what they want, thats all well and fine. But at the same time, if one is going to be head strong and go with the whole 'IT'S MY GAME NOW, I DO WHATEVER I WANT' mantra, you risk of irking potential patrons, not to mention the fanbase, with that style of phasing.

But I'm not here to start a pissing match, just my two cents on best girl Jane, who I honestly hope doesn't get changed TOO much. I think the hair style could be better chosen for her, maybe even a tatted sleeve add to her, to go with the whole 'broken home' style that we seem to be going with.

Also... naturally speaking, I do hope to knocker up (again).

Reactions: Ilhares

meepish

Jan 9, 2023
And yeah, I get it, Meeps is going to do what they want, thats all well and fine. But at the same time, if one is going to be head strong and go with the whole 'IT'S MY GAME NOW, I DO WHATEVER I WANT' mantra, you risk of irking potential patrons, not to mention the fanbase, with that style of phasing.
to be fahair...this was not my mantra when I started. i actually came here quite open to conversation and ready to listen.

it was only after months of relentless bashing from the 'fanbase' that i'm finally saying, fuck it and go all cocaine cowgirl on the haters.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
to be fahair...this was not my mantra when I started. i actually came here quite open to conversation and ready to listen.

it was only after months of relentless bashing from the 'fanbase' that i'm finally saying, fuck it and go all cocaine cowgirl on the haters.
Fair enough.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

Yeah the fans can get protective and testy and downright mean at times, to be perfectly honest.

The problem is they need to take a breath and be objective. What was before is no more. Rom couldn't finish because life, it happens. What we are getting will have echoes of what we had, but it is it's own thing. The other option was dead and never coming back as an echo or even a single render. So give this new thing a chance. See if it has something that resonates. Appreciate the beats that echo, but be realistic enough to know, you cannot expect it to be what it was. You just can't

That's my time on the soapbox.

PEACE

Reactions: Gibberish666

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Some can see was what I say as harsh, I see it as being bluntly honest, to which I don't care either way what I say is called. I'm the kinda of person who isn't one to filter my thoughts. Take it as you will.

But I'm not here to start a pissing match, just my two cents on best girl Jane, who I honestly hope doesn't get changed TOO much. I think the hair style could be better chosen for her, maybe even a tatted sleeve add to her, to go with the whole 'broken home' style that we seem to be going with.

Also... naturally speaking, I do hope to knocker up (again).
Jane's backstory is already completely different from Roman's, so it's safe to assume her personality will be quite different.

Honestly, since Roman and Meep couldn't even meet halfway and instead opting to relinquish most of the creative decisions to Meep is a clear sign that the game won't be the same as the one we've played all those years ago.

Better to see this as a new game entirely instead of a continuation.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Jane's backstory is already completely different from Roman's, so it's safe to assume her personality will be quite different.

Honestly, since Roman and Meep couldn't even meet halfway and instead opting to relinquish most of the creative decisions to Meep is a clear sign that the game won't be the same as the one we've played all those years ago.

Better to see this as a new game entirely instead of a continuation.
Maybe, maybe not. Like I said prior, willing to see how this all goes, and certainly hope for somethings to stay the same in a manner of speaking, but my expectations are basement low. Not putting stock in it until I see the results.

meepish

Jan 9, 2023
Yeah the fans can get protective and testy and downright mean at times, to be perfectly honest.

The problem is they need to take a breath and be objective. What was before is no more. Rom couldn't finish because life, it happens. What we are getting will have echoes of what we had, but it is it's own thing. The other option was dead and never coming back as an echo or even a single render. So give this new thing a chance. See if it has something that resonates. Appreciate the beats that echo, but be realistic enough to know, you cannot expect it to be what it was. You just can't

That's my time on the soapbox.

PEACE
i sometimes wonder if I shouldn't have just started a new thing and not related to the old game at all. but sooner or later someone would have found it and said 'hey! i know all these characters! wtf?!'

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Reactions: Ilhares
4.40 star(s) 78 Votes