Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
@SpookyDonut I hear you bud.

I don't mind if people have complaints, we can't all like the same thing and i'm not a blind fanatic that I can't spot faults in things I enjoy but it's when those complaints make absolutely no sense.

Like you said, people skip the story and then complain and that is what baffles me.

The very thing they are complaining about is explained right there in the story, usually several times.

The thing about Chris "pimping his sister off" in the guys own words. I don't even know he managed to jump to a conclusion like that at all. You have to completely ignore everything including what's said in the sex scenes to come up with that so the only way I can see him assuming that is just looking at CG's.
If you ever try to make a game like this, you'll find that there is a subset of people who will be mad that you didn't make the game THEY would of made. I'm not saying that these guys are like that, but it's something I've encountered time and again.

The only thing to do, is to try to direct them to another game that they might like.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
If you ever try to make a game like this,
I may not have mentioned this but I have the creative ability of a brain damaged snail.

Even stick men laugh at the drawings I do and as far as my story telling goes...

Once upon time there were people ... the end.

That's it.

I hear you about people though, i've seen it in multiple threads for various games as well as here. One that frustrated me here was the people trying to get Jessica changed. Despite having numerous other women and only one like her they wanted her to be exactly the same as the others or to be their bitch.

I've always tried to use a bit of common sense. If I see something I don't like, I move on. Granted there are times when i've liked some thing but disliked certain things about that thing. There is one VN i've read that started off quite well but then spread itself a bit thin and no longer seems to know what it wants to do. Another has gone from a romance style thing to a creepy corruption thing and corruption isn't my cup of tea.

I'm also really bad at explaining what I mean. I don't get why people feel the need to try and change things to suit them instead of just finding something that would be better for them.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

SilentFella

Aug 9, 2017
If you ever try to make a game like this, you'll find that there is a subset of people who will be mad that you didn't make the game THEY would of made. I'm not saying that these guys are like that, but it's something I've encountered time and again.

The only thing to do, is to try to direct them to another game that they might like.

Just sucks when they are the vocal minority who force changes through due to being louder than content folks. Most content folks won't keep track of a thread like this because they are perfectly happy with the game and see no point in bothering with a thread like this.

I am a part of the keep Dana to myself crowd. Don't mind sharing her with the other ladies, but forget the dudes. I have a hard enough time telling Maria yes during the date, though after seeing what happened, I don't do that anymore either....

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I am a part of the keep Dana to myself crowd. Don't mind sharing her with the other ladies, but forget the dudes. I have a hard enough time telling Maria yes during the date, though after seeing what happened, I don't do that anymore either....
If you're talking about the part in the toilet at the movies, yeah that bit was harsh. I'd rather her hate me a little bit than see that happen to her.

PepsiMan

Jun 25, 2017
Aaaand....now I feel like shit

Sorry, man. I'm not angry at anyone.
it's ok buddy

14.gif

i know you deserve more, i wish i could give you more your work is more valuable than any other patron game i've ever seen, but like chris said to jess "I am happy if you are happy master"

Reactions: Namco15

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Just sucks when they are the vocal minority who force changes through due to being louder than content folks. Most content folks won't keep track of a thread like this because they are perfectly happy with the game and see no point in bothering with a thread like this.
Exactly what is bothering me the most in most of the threads here. And all the games that have been partially or completely ruined or defaced because of this loud crowd. I hate to call people stupid, but lets just face the facts - they're not the sharpest pencils in the box. Mostly.
I'd like to keep her in the end, emotionally, but it does not mean that I'm not interested to see what happens, should I make different choices for Chris. I'd like to actually see how much I don't like it. That's the difference. I want to see things I don't like, taste food I find repulsive etc. I'm curious. And since I'm not a cat, I hope it won't kill me :biggrin:
What baffles me is that there are so many loud people who seem to get scared, even go to a completely irrational panic mode, from even a slight possibility, a hint, that they may see something that they don't happen to like. In a game! I don't think that living in a box, protected from anything that you may not like and eat only sugar coated cookies is a good thing or a good or healthy way to live. It's not like a game could be a real threat to anyone's health or something.

BTW, I haven't actually played the game since... I don't even know any more. June or May, I think. I've been waiting for more content for the game and more free time for myself to go through it.

And I will try one day, promise!

Last edited:
Reactions: fauxplayer

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
In an ideal Gomly world they would take in Andrea to look after her, she needs it so no one takes advantage of her, and then they would move where no one knows them.

There they could settle down and be as much of a couple as they want with their rather old adopted daughter person.

Maybe get a puppy.

Or a cat.

Or a Budgie.

Not a Parrot though.

Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017

I know what you mean.
I probably shouldn't share this, but I've learned that lesson a while ago. This is the discussion I had on Patreon with 2 guys when I first introduced the notion of an optional "share Dana" path, regarding John. I've deleted their names, and left only mine.

Never again will I have this talk. Now if people come at me like that, I just send them their money back, and ban them. It sounds harsh, but there is no point in trying otherwise.

Oh my fucking god NO... Why does NTR have to fucking infect everything. The scene where Dana gets so hugely turned on by you NOT wanting to share her was epic! Now you want to do a full 180 on that?? Wtf man, wtf... Dreaming of Dana was virtually perfect. Now you're going to ruin it. :(
3m

O ye, of little faith
3m

>Why does NTR have to fucking infect everything. Because the NTR fans get off on getting Non-NTR GAMERS cucked, not the in-game content, and beg, buy, borrow or steal, their fetish into anything they can. They fap to your tears.
3m

Ha ha ha ha . Points for making me laugh. :D But seriously, relax. It's just an option. No one is making you go down that route .
3m

Ptolemy, with the way you've had the build up and carefully crafted ours and Dana's relationship, sharing her shouldn't even be an option! It has always come across as we are insanely jealous when it comes to Dana, and she has no desire for others... WHY are you doing this??
3m

Do a poll... I think you underestimate how hated NTR is. And if you do implement it, be sure to put plenty of "Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!" around it, or you are going to lose patrons.
3m

Maybe not for you. But it is for other people. Have to love it, when people are asking me to give them less choices.
3m

If I'll lose patrons, then that's just the way it is. Contrary to what others might say, money isn't my main motivator. And I haven't quit my job, despite some patrons asking me to, precisely so that I won't ever be put in the position of having to flop around on my belly.
3m

Well it seems like you're dead set on ruining your game. I'm sorry, I am truly gutted, this was amongst by favourite of all patreon games. The relationship you crafted between the MC and Dana was brilliant. But once you add a possible Dana slut the game turns to just another bag of wank NTR bullshit game. I'm out I'm afraid. It really is such a shame.
3m

Good bye then
3m

You be you,and put in what you think best fits the story, options aside. But... to Ian's point, it is a bit out of character from what you have established, so far, and for those players who have become attached to the story and characters that you have built, I'd argue you should not take that for granted. I for one want you to succeed, and be a $50K a month creator, but I highly recommend that you avoid: NTR: "Japanese acronym for Netorare, used to define a genre of Eroge (Hentai Game), meaning "Cuckold". In short, the main protagonist's loved one(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling. This is to cause an emotion of deep jealousy on the reader." Unless you are VERY well compensated.
3m

Thanks for the advice :). Really. But who said anything about being taken or seduced away? The image I have in my mind if of Chris, Dana, Maria and John as 4 eloi from the time machine. Whiling away the hours, conversing with the flowers. And making love in a playful manner. At least that's the "share her" option.
3m

Then I suspect, you are safe from the stink of an NTR tag, but Vanilla, Harem and INC fans are going to be ticked at limited dev time and art assets being spent on that path... those greedy bastards.
3m

The thought of John even touching Dana makes me feel fucking sick, let alone her letting him slide his cock in her. (Which is how the MC felt when he thought about it, AND how Dana felt which was why she got super horny when MC went all alpha on John) It just makes no fucking SENSE!!! FFS
3m

No one is making you play it, mate.
3m

I know. I'm just SUPER fucking angry right now. You made me love this game to bits, and then went and broke my heart with your direction choice.
3m

Honestly, I'm starting to think that you're just here to fuck with me. You've been my patron for a grand total of 3 days. The point is, you either have faith that I know what I'm doing when it comes to writing, or you don't. You obviously don't. That's fine.
3m

I've followed this game for a very long time. The fact that I became your patron although I could get the game for free from various other places should tell you something. I couldn't justify not being your patron I liked your game that much. It's not about whether or not I believe you're a good writer. I KNOW you are, that's why I've been so addicted to the love story that is Dreaming of Dana. I just can't bear the thought of someone else being with Dana. Regardless of if it optional, in my mind I will know that if I pushed then she'd have done it. When what I want is for her to only want me. Don't you understand??
3m

That honestly sounds very possessive. Though I don't think that we're still talking about the game. If you want to have a discussion on the nature of love, I'm down. But I'm not sure the comment section is the best place for it. PM me if you want to have that discussion
3m

Not sure what you mean by that, but, I pm'd you any way.
3m

Yeah, I came here from the torrents too. "Looks good. Time to kick some back." You are like one or two months away from becoming well funded. Deliver on 2 more content updates and the others on my private tracker will be here too.
3m

>who said anything about being taken or seduced away? Ian's reaction is not atypical... fan service is a thing, for a reason. Do some polls, see what your patrons think/want. Then don't do that, but work from an informed perspective.
3m

I've made scenes at the request of patrons. But never one with Dana. She's not on the table. Why would I make a poll, if I know what I'll do anyway. Regardless, I do think you and Ian are atypical. If you notice, the overwhelming amount of posts against this, come from the two of you. I'm not saying, that most of the people that play the game would want to share Dana. But the fact that you don't want that to even be an option that the player might choose, is honestly very odd.
3m

You think expecting that your partner wouldn't WANT to be shared is odd? Okay...
3m

Sorry I don't know why I keep looking at this page. Is isn't going to do me any good, and I can imagine you don't appreciate it. Sorry about that. I wish you success in your game and for the rest of your endeavours.
3m

Thank you. Likewise. :)

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
I know what you mean.
I probably shouldn't share this, but I've learned that lesson a while ago. This is the discussion I had on Patreon with 2 guys when I first introduced the notion of an optional "share Dana" path, regarding John. I've deleted their names, and left only mine.

Never again will I have this talk. Now if people come at me like that, I just send them their money back, and ban them. It sounds harsh, but there is no point in trying otherwise.
yeah on patron thats working probably they wont pay again (well depend on how stubborn they are) but here on this page or any forum they can create new account and start same thing over and over again. i guess thats reverse psychology more they talk more they convince them self (not others they get only pissed) :)

PepsiMan

Jun 25, 2017
I know what you mean.

i must admit in the date Dana/Maria when Dana ask if you want to go at Maria's place and she said she want to go and without option Chris says ok, i was so close to close the game delete it and come to the forum ready to spill shit like trump, but for some reason i clicked again and Dana says but i don't want John touches me, my soul came back to my body at that point i learned that i must have faith in you.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
i must admit in the date Dana/Maria when Dana ask if you want to go at Maria's place and she said she want to go and without option Chris says ok, i was so close to close the game delete it and come to the forum ready to spill shit like trump, but for some reason i clicked again and Dana says but i don't want John touches me, my soul came back to my body at that point i learned that i must have faith in you.
yeah thats the thing bout this game i like the most you got options to do what you want. are not forced in to anything even middle some scenes. not like some other games i know.

Reactions: SpookyDonut

SpookyDonut

Sep 7, 2016
Ptolemy bro I can bet that was someone from this forum x'D maybe even someone we know... but if you look at BB's thread on this forum you can find plenty of guys like that over there. They also write similar stuff about NTR like that guy in your messages XD

Last edited:
Reactions: Namco15 and Ptolemy

PepsiMan

Jun 25, 2017
Ptolemy bro I can bet that was someone from this forum x'D maybe even someone we know... but if you look BB's thread on this forum you can find plenty of guys like that over there. They also write similar stuff about NTR like that guy in your messages XD
i guess we all know who was, ptolemy deleted the name of the poster but the first name is mentioned in the coments and i bet the second s something like
104.jpg

max_z_smith

Memberen't
Donor
Dec 30, 2016
I know what you mean.

Jeeze, sorry you have to deal with idiots like that... I've never understood why some people are *so* vocally opposed to NTR. If you don't like it, don't watch/play it. But don't make a stink about it.

Thank you for making such a well-written game, and I'm glad you're not letting those fools drag you down.

Reactions: Namco15

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Me and the Spooky nut of Do had a conversation along these lines in another thread about people trying to force the developer to go down the path they wanted and not the story he wanted to make.

I mentioned Ptolemy in that and the reason I support his work.

If a dev hasn't already laid out a story and is willing to change the entire direction of their game on the whim of people on a forum then they don't have faith in their own work and I don't have faith in them.

I'm not saying never take suggestions but not on a games direction. Maybe a scene or two at most but never an entire games direction.

SpookyDonut

Sep 7, 2016
Me and the Spooky nut of Do had a conversation along these lines in another thread about people trying to force the developer to go down the path they wanted and not the story he wanted to make.

I mentioned Ptolemy in that and the reason I support his work.

If a dev hasn't already laid out a story and is willing to change the entire direction of their game on the whim of people on a forum then they don't have faith in their own work and I don't have faith in them.

I'm not saying never take suggestions but not on a games direction. Maybe a scene or two at most but never an entire games direction.
Yes @Gomly1980 and I, we spread the good word about this game and how great storyteller Ptolemy is. Propaganda in full swing on other threads in this forum x'D XD

Last edited:

Andy02

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
Please keep in mind we are all just sharing opinions it's not personal. I like to here eveyone speak your mind we can learn a lot from reading or hearing different opinions. Maybe even help open eyes of some of us..

3.90 star(s) 64 Votes