svnhddbst

Jun 19, 2017
Not saying that criticism from anyone is invalid. Just pointing out the fact that people want to criticize something they don't invest in The old saying of "Putting your money where your mouth is" comes to mind. Do we make the games for fun? yes. Do they cost time and money to make Yes. We aren't going for a Dark silver where we milk one game for over a year and make around 22K a month we could but we don't. Otherwise, we would use the same KISS strategy every other dev uses. That part of the reason there will be one more batch of content for Dana to finish it up. Intimate Relations is our main game right now. We could have just left Dana unfinished but because it had a good amount of support we wanted to at least wrap up the endings
thanks for that significantly nicer response than my post probably deserved.

but what i meant was that; under no circumstance should any criticism be judged or used for anything other than the reasoning and evidence it is based on, for the purpose of making a better product.

whether someone buys the game or not, whether the person is a game dev or not, doesn't matter.

all that matters is "did the criticism have something in it, that could be used to make the product better".

Reactions: botc76

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Continued from old save, game ended same place as previous patch.
Searched for a change log, none exists which means this update also doesn't exist.

rimportal

Jul 17, 2017
extract the attached file into the DreamingofDana-0090-pc-F95Zone-fixed\game folder... that should fix the problem..
I just made a copy of the image "blackscreen" and renamed to the name of the one that said it was missing, I apreciate the help anyway.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Continued from old save, game ended same place as previous patch.
Searched for a change log, none exists which means this update also doesn't exist.
Depends on which ending patch your on. Jessica path and Marea path was added on to towards the end

flaviufcd

Nov 26, 2017
What is the best version to download?
And a fix for that...because i downloaded a version and it has a lot of errors.Half of the game play i have to skip.

darkWolf.01

Jul 2, 2017
Yep, it is. We Are Finishing Dana up while Doing Intimate Relations and The New game we don't have a title for yet which will replace Dana in the game lineup. The new game, by the way, uses 4K renders so a bit of a quality bump.
4K? So considering Dana´s 9GB, next one gonna be some 50GBs? Hmm, looks like a contender for GTA V.x'D

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
8.99 GB so yeah, close enough.

in my opinion, the quality of the renders is worth the size.
Aw thanks. I'm a big advocate for Quality Renders. They take a bit more time but the end product shows the difference. I was trying to get Ptolemy to switch form .PNG to .webp so there would be no quality loss but still be a smaller file size. Arnt really a lot of good ways to convert to .webp yet the other option would be lossless JPG. Which I believe is what we are using in IR right now. I still render out to .png though would love to use .FLIF but Ren'Py does not support that yet. Also one more patch for Dana so it will go over 9 GB. FYI I am also Available to render other games if there is a game dev that needs extra help. need to make money for 2nd 1080TI for rendering. I work cheap

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I find if I reduce my DAZ3D renders in Photoshop then it goes from say, 7mb file to under 1mb png or jpeg without loosing much of the quality.
It all depends on what size your game Resolution is and how much compression you add to a image.

Aw thanks. I'm a big advocate for Quality Renders. They take a bit more time but the end product shows the difference. I was trying to get Ptolemy to switch form .PNG to .webp so there would be no quality loss but still be a smaller file size. Arnt really a lot of good ways to convert to .webp yet the other option would be lossless JPG. Which I believe is what we are using in IR right now. I still render out to .png though would love to use .FLIF but Ren'Py does not support that yet. Also one more patch for Dana so it will go over 9 GB. FYI I am also Available to render other games if there is a game dev that needs extra help. need to make money for 2nd 1080TI for rendering. I work cheap

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I am not sure i understand or playing the game correctly. Do you get to go all teh way with Dana in current version? The girls at the office can you only do it with them in teh office and at the strip club with the one?
Do Dana only come over to your flat to sleep and make food/ shower and that is it? Probably missing lots of content as the game just repeats itself currently for me.

svnhddbst

Jun 19, 2017
I am not sure i understand or playing the game correctly. Do you get to go all teh way with Dana in current version? The girls at the office can you only do it with them in teh office and at the strip club with the one?
Do Dana only come over to your flat to sleep and make food/ shower and that is it? Probably missing lots of content as the game just repeats itself currently for me.
you have only done like, 1/7th of the content. there's a pretty clear line where you'll know you're in the last half. you just need to find the triggers for group dates, and try to bring dana out of her shell.

svnhddbst

Jun 19, 2017
given how much content is in the game, and how much grinding there is to get there, i believe it says a lot that i've enjoyed going through from start to "finish" a second time.

Sep 5, 2016
Already did both Andrea date and Maria date with Dana still can't progress with the "going down the memory lane" option, where am I fucking up?

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
That is good to hear then. I'll keep... grinding ... away then...

you have only done like, 1/7th of the content. there's a pretty clear line where you'll know you're in the last half. you just need to find the triggers for group dates, and try to bring dana out of her shell.

svnhddbst

Jun 19, 2017
Already did both Andrea date and Maria date with Dana still can't progress with the "going down the memory lane" option, where am I fucking up?
your next progress isn't from going down memory lane. check all the other stuff, and try getting more of both types of points with the other people available, and trying for more dates where you bring dana along.

3.90 star(s) 64 Votes