keas

Jan 23, 2018
The sound is not working. The audio sliders are set to max in the preferences. Is it a bug or something wrong with the download file ?

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
For some reason the download from Vespaks Google Drive won't load/run. I've scanned it before/after downloading, as per usual (no offence but anything I download from the web, I scan. It lists 6337 files scanned[no errors] but it won't run.
Will download the 0.95 mega site version [8.96Gb] to see if that will run whereas the Google-Drive version is listed as 9Gb! Any particular reason for this, or have Google rounded up?

BannedAccount6543

Sep 15, 2016
Wow. So Ptolemy only gets 1.5 k a month on Patreon.
That really does seem not much, considering how popular the game is on sharing sites.

It's sad that quality is not always what gets rewarded the most, instead people fall all over themselves to hand out money to big brother each month for next to nothing or for Dual Family that has turned into nothing but the developer being in love with his own farts.

If I had more money, Ptolemy definitely would be one of the devs I'd support.
That is the sad lot of talented devs like Ptolemy. If it ain't got mom/son (Twist,BB,MotH...etc) or father/daughter (DmD, IR,....) incest or a generous dose of bestiality preferably while the mom/sister is doing the (very young looking) brother or father MC as well, it's not going to buy you many home comforts. But there's hope. IR has been very well received and Patreons are increasing and may get Pto laughing all the way to the bank.....maybe. On a brighter note, I believe he lives in Eastern Europe which is not as expensive as Western Europe. I am one of his Patreons but will stop when DoDa ends unless the new game proves to be better than DoDa. So far I find the endings rather unbelievable and from 0.83 DoDa has been quite disappointing. It was a firecracker super VN up to that IMO.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
For some reason the download from Vespaks Google Drive won't load/run. I've scanned it before/after downloading, as per usual (no offence but anything I download from the web, I scan. It lists 6337 files scanned[no errors] but it won't run.
Will download the 0.95 mega site version [8.96Gb] to see if that will run whereas the Google-Drive version is listed as 9Gb! Any particular reason for this, or have Google rounded up?
Just an update on my previous post (see above)
The GoogleDrive version worked. I loaded a saved game point and played through from there following the path I'd chosen to the end.
Surprisingly, when that error appeared it wasn't that far from the "end-game" and so I won't give the ending away, but suffice to say there's still some choices to make along the way, however there's a few errors, albeit small ones that are typo's and grammatical errors as well as the name of the dog for example, but that's not a real problem.

OBTW: Don't mess with Jessica... she's one nasty woman, if you cross her that is... lol

Now to play it through via different paths and see what happens in those paths....

Patrick6918

Jul 19, 2017
Hehehe I know many get mad, but 9.5 GB for nothing more....Dana sister you can anal fuck and when she come in you home you can't fuck never time and after she keep you at yhe ending .....ok DEV , but 9.5 GB without any animation for a game fininished 20 version before .......and now you make a prologue without sence since 3 mounth I don't support you .......on Patreon but it's your way......

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
Anyone else have this issue?
In the couples branch, with Maria and John towards the end when you have to make a choice after Dana tells you about a "problem".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DoD-Game error.jpg

As you can see. I'm assuming that the image that's meant to show is this one according to the file numbers.
178.png

This error pops up a few times more with the same issue and it names the image file, so it would appear that there is scripting(?) issue, no doubt just typo's.
These could be fixed, as I don't think it's an issue with my saved games as there weren't any problems with the Andrea branch of the story.
It does play through to completion without any other problems... [apart from the fact that everything plays out on a Saturday morning for a number of days] not that it's a bother, and Chris's office shows up as the background a number of times when they aren't meant to be at the office.

According to the info on the images in game, the image files listed are:
2Mariacont181a, 2Mariacont190a, 2Mariacont2230
These appeared after the kitchen sequence when Chris and Dana are alone
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
Hehehe I know many get mad, but 9.5 GB for nothing more....Dana sister you can anal fuck and when she come in you home you can't fuck never time and after she keep you at yhe ending .....ok DEV , but 9.5 GB without any animation for a game fininished 20 version before .......and now you make a prologue without sence since 3 mounth I don't support you .......on Patreon but it's your way......
Considering the fact that the download is the complete game, and not a patch, why are you whinging?
Nobody made you download it, and it's not animated from the word go either.
Let's see how well you do with CGI and animation, lighting it, running it for the game, fixing any bugs, along with scripting a complete game. Then come back and tell me you could do what has been done.

I've done basic 3D CGI modelling, for a few online games as well as models used/sold in Second Life and it's not as simple as you'd think.
I've not done anything for Renpy, or any other game or Second Life (as I have done before) I just don't have the time, because of work, family etc.
If I didn't have these commitments then I'd probably think about doing something like this.

Reactions: botc76 and kiteares

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

Can we like thread-ban this guy?

Dude, are you mental? You know it's only the epilogue, if you're not interested, WHY do you keep on downloading the complete version, instead of a) stop following the game until it's finished or at least b) wait for a patch version or a skunked one OR if you don't like the epilogues, why not stop downloading and playing the game altogether.

YOU KNOW it's only epilogues, you know the game's story and mechanics are basically finished. Just let it go.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
I can confirm that the game will be finished for now at least in the next patch after 0.095 . We may come back to it someday in the Future to polish it up and re-render the early alpha channel stuff if there is enough support to do so. Maybe even re-render everything in 4K? mind you if we did that might not be on a monthly basis. As we have our hands full with other projects

Braffereborn

Dec 5, 2017
To be honest a 9gig game is a bit rediculous, WoW used to be a 25gig download, and I strongly doubt this has 1/2 the content of that game. A 2 hour movie is usually 16gigs ripped as a dvd. I think the issue is severe lack of coding optimization or RenPy being a horrible engine, as movies are filmed in about 30 frames per second. That means there are 216,000 unique images on any DvD give or take, meaning they would average 74074 bytes at a resolution of 720p.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I hope someone gives me a simple answer without spoilers (just YES or NO, I'm also aware of the existence of walkthroughs but I don't like reading them because they tend to spoil things for me):
Can you go a route where you steal Maria from her husband?
Thanks

3.90 star(s) 64 Votes