Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
There seems to be a tiny problem with the names Milosh, Mila and Michela. Currently all of them are displayed as Michela, because all three of them are declared as 'mi' variable in characters.rpy.
Obviously only the last value can stick :)

I kind of fixed the problem by giving Milosh a new variable named 'mish' and Michela's variable is now 'mica'. Also replaced all 'mi'-s in Milosh's and Michela's dialogues in Danalabels.rpy and marialabels.rpy (there are no 'mi' variables in other files - yet).

This only works for the new v0.55 of course. Just extract those files from the 7z attachment to your 'game' folder and overwrite original files.

I also would like to say big thanks to Ptolemy for a promising game and please, fix this little problem in the future versions. It's still quite easy to do by using Notepad++ for example, takes about 5 minutes maybe. It won't be as easy in the future versions, as those files keep growing :)
Take it as a little contribution from me to your project as I am not currently one of your patreons. Thinking about it, though.

Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
There seems to be a tiny problem with the names Milosh, Mila and Michela. Currently all of them are displayed as Michela, because all three of them are declared as 'mi' variable in characters.rpy.
Obviously only the last value can stick :)

I kind of fixed the problem by giving Milosh a new variable named 'mish' and Michela's variable is now 'mica'. Also replaced all 'mi'-s in Milosh's and Michela's dialogues in Danalabels.rpy and marialabels.rpy (there are no 'mi' variables in other files - yet).

This only works for the new v0.55 of course. Just extract those files from the 7z attachment to your 'game' folder and overwrite original files.

I also would like to say big thanks to Ptolemy for a promising game and please, fix this little problem in the future versions. It's still quite easy to do by using Notepad++ for example, takes about 5 minutes maybe. It won't be as easy in the future versions, as those files keep growing :)
Take it as a little contribution from me to your project as I am not currently one of your patreons. Thinking about it, though.
Fuck me, I had no idea. I kept adding characters, and I was using the same var........... "hangs head in shame*
How you miss the little things. I wonder why no one reported this before.....
Thanks a lot.

Ptolemy

Jul 1, 2017

from Patreon

Hi

Well it's time for a plans post.

Let's get the bad news, at least for some of you I think out of the way.

I intend to switch permanently from weekly updates to one every two weeks. I know that will upset some of you, but that's what it is.

Two reasons for this:

1) Making the last Dana and Kelly patches on a two week schedule, allowed me to go back, redo what I didn't like, make corrections etc.... That I think made for better patches for both Kelly and Dana. I've come to the conclusion that maintaining quality takes time. Two weeks have, so far, given me that time.

2) Perhaps the more important one. In all honesty, I'm burning out. I can't keep up with the weekly schedule. To do so, in addition to my full time job, I basically have to spend every free hour in front of the computer. I did it for 6 months and it's starting to get to me. I know that sounds like complaining, but it's true.

If some of you would like to withdraw your support, I understand. But it's either this, or I'll have to close down my patreon and quit, because I just can't keep that up.

The new updates will be larger, of course. I don't know if they'll be twice the size of the old weekly updates, but they'll be larger.

With that out of the way, let's get to what you can expect in the next patch.

Well, it will contain a weekend event with Maria. Not the next getaway, because I don't have all of the rendering assets for that yet. I'm still building a "special" room for that event. It will be a " spend the weekend" event like the Dana one. I want to start fleshing out those weekends.

What else will it contain? I don't know. I'll see how much time I have left after finishing the alpha for this. Maybe some more minor events, maybe remaking some of those old Dana renders, that I haven't gotten to yet.

I'll be making a progress post every 2 or 3 days, to let you know how things are going, and to keep you up to date. Right now, I'm still in the "testing lights, and trying on clothes" phase.

That's it for now

As always, I'm very grateful for your support

Ptolemy

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
This guy is crazy... Thinking we're going to withdraw our pledges just because he will produce an update twice a month!

Ptolemy, since you read us, you are crazy!!! But stop talking and go back to work! :p:closedeyesmile:

M

MantisK

from Patreon

Hi

Well it's time for a plans post.

Let's get the bad news, at least for some of you I think out of the way.

I intend to switch permanently from weekly updates to one every two weeks. I know that will upset some of you, but that's what it is.

Two reasons for this:

1) Making the last Dana and Kelly patches on a two week schedule, allowed me to go back, redo what I didn't like, make corrections etc.... That I think made for better patches for both Kelly and Dana. I've come to the conclusion that maintaining quality takes time. Two weeks have, so far, given me that time.

2) Perhaps the more important one. In all honesty, I'm burning out. I can't keep up with the weekly schedule. To do so, in addition to my full time job, I basically have to spend every free hour in front of the computer. I did it for 6 months and it's starting to get to me. I know that sounds like complaining, but it's true.

If some of you would like to withdraw your support, I understand. But it's either this, or I'll have to close down my patreon and quit, because I just can't keep that up.

The new updates will be larger, of course. I don't know if they'll be twice the size of the old weekly updates, but they'll be larger.

With that out of the way, let's get to what you can expect in the next patch.

Well, it will contain a weekend event with Maria. Not the next getaway, because I don't have all of the rendering assets for that yet. I'm still building a "special" room for that event. It will be a " spend the weekend" event like the Dana one. I want to start fleshing out those weekends.

What else will it contain? I don't know. I'll see how much time I have left after finishing the alpha for this. Maybe some more minor events, maybe remaking some of those old Dana renders, that I haven't gotten to yet.

I'll be making a progress post every 2 or 3 days, to let you know how things are going, and to keep you up to date. Right now, I'm still in the "testing lights, and trying on clothes" phase.

That's it for now

As always, I'm very grateful for your support

Ptolemy
A couple of questions.
First, I'm entering week 5, still learning the options, as what makes sense may not always give expected results. Still have dead weekends. So, what are the points breakdown? Is there a beautiful graphic or chart depicting whats and wherefores, sort of cost/benefit analysis?
Next, what is the calendar length, as you see, to accomplish the present goals in game time?

Jul 1, 2017
A couple of questions.
First, I'm entering week 5, still learning the options, as what makes sense may not always give expected results. Still have dead weekends. So, what are the points breakdown? Is there a beautiful graphic or chart depicting whats and wherefores, sort of cost/benefit analysis?
Next, what is the calendar length, as you see, to accomplish the present goals in game time?
I just started the game myself, I could hardly play today so I'm sorry I can not help you, i am just another patron

Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
This guy is crazy... Thinking we're going to withdraw our pledges just because he will produce an update twice a month!

Ptolemy, since you read us, you are crazy!!! But stop talking and go back to work! :p:closedeyesmile:
As you command :p
giphy.gif

A couple of questions.
There is a bit of a walkthrough with one of my releases, if you search for it, I'm sure you'll find it. But the code is written in a circular fashion, so there is no time limit. Certain events trigger when conditions are met.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
A couple of questions.
This isn't a "hand hold" type exact 'walkthrough', but covers the basics of what you need to do to advance the game to at least the first weekend getaway.

*Edit : This was made before the second dates and second weekend getaway had all been added, but it should be fairly easy to figure out the requirements based on how the initial dates went.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Having a problem getting the Jessica ad the Andrea swimming events to trigger. I've gotten the Andrea-Dana-Chris event and the Strip Club Maria-Mali-Dana-John-Chris events. All of the stats for Maria, Dana & Andrea are in the 60 to 70 range. I've tried restarting 3 times. Is this a program bug on the PC?

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Same here. Except that I have nothing against Maria and her stuff but against Jessica. I hate femdom... I try to skip her contents when I can, but I would love to send her to spend a holiday on Mars or Jupiter.
Yeah I have the same visceral reaction to Jessica. Honestly girl you ain't all that :)

QQBangBang

Apr 4, 2017
OK... I'm crazy, I've just done something crazy... It would be crazy if that worked...

I have just done in 5 minutes a small program to see the differences between 2 versions and to extract the modified or new files (I'm sure that exists somewhere, but I don't know where... then I've done it).
Then, not tested, zipped with 7-zip, here are the new or mod files from 0.051 to 0.055, PC version.

It will not work if you have another version than 0.051!

(450MB)
Extract
Copy content in "\DreamingofDana-0.051-pc" (or whatever if you've renamed it)
Merge directories
Replace files​
Pray

I really have not tested! There is no reason that doesn't work... But computer, me and reason in the same sentence............
Thanks a lot man !
I've got a question : Except for this Andrea+Dana getaway,what other scenes have been added since 0.051 ?

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
This isn't a "hand hold" type exact 'walkthrough', but covers the basics of what you need to do to advance the game to at least the first weekend getaway.

*Edit : This was made before the second dates and second weekend getaway had all been added, but it should be fairly easy to figure out the requirements based on how the initial dates went.
thanks

Reactions: rKnight

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
Yeah I have the same visceral reaction to Jessica. Honestly girl you ain't all that :)
Yeah, I avoid playing Maria and Jessica. It'll probably fuck me up later, but I'm not attracted to either. I'm Team Andrea for the Beard all of the way.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
Are there any new scenes/paths in v0.55? I've played a bit, and haven;t noticed anything new.

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
Can someone please post the changelog for v0.051?

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
There is a kind of changelog page 29 ;)

@QQBangBang According to the new pics compared to the version 0.051 no. There is only the Andrea+Dana getaway.

Reactions: QQBangBang

SteelNight

Sep 14, 2016
Grinded up Jessica's sexuality and Affection. Now she doesn't do anything and I can't take her on a date.
awesome

3.90 star(s) 64 Votes