Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
Keep it up brah. Perhaps you should look into marketing, in hopes of having your patreon explode so you can actually quit your day job and focus on making games full time. You're one of the people who should do it.
Thanks

I don't know about the marketing stuff. I honestly think that's a distraction. And besides, I have no idea how to do it.
And even though my patreon seems to have plateaued, I'm pretty content with where I am.
Besides, I hope that eventually people will find my work, and if they like it, they'll support it.

Ptolemy

Reactions: jackkane

Rosa Melano

Jul 12, 2017
@Ptolemy you are absolutely awesome, i'd just played the new version of the other DoD and after a month 3 employes and $15k monthly just 15 mins of play and nothing new the same dialogues of the last version with new renders. But you keep the updates and the story so nicely. You and this game are so underrated you deserve better things.

Sorry if i mistreated or insulted you sometimes i got carried on. But you are my favorite guy in this world.

images.jpg

Reactions: Krull

Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
@Ptolemy you are absolutely awesome, i'd just played the new version of the other DoD and after a month 3 employes and $15k monthly just 15 mins of play and nothing new the same dialogues of the last version with new renders. But you keep the updates and the story so nicely. You and this game are so underrated you deserve better things.

Sorry if i mistreated or insulted you sometimes i got carried on. But you are my favorite guy in this world.

View attachment 11247
No worries. :)

I'm sorry too. Sometimes I take things personally, when they're not.

Reactions: Krull and Freki

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, to give you some ideas, the first step I'd do is do the thing I said in my review from a couple pages ago and turn it into a straight VN, removing the life sim parts. That makes the content, of which there is a huge amount by now, many hours, much more easily accessible to any person who just gets a link and downloads it (No walkthrough, no confused event flagging etc) maybe also rework the initial couple minutes, just so your game makes a good impression until you "hook" them. I know the first couple minutes of the game made quite a bad impression with me, only to redeem itself later (When presumably your "game making skill" already had increased)

And when you've done that, ideally when the next time you're batch rendering, just spend while a on the various imageboards and forums, introducing the game to more people, Q&Aing for a bit, gathering feedback, and hoping the strength of the product itself and word of mouth gets you new patreon supporters. You have a good amount of $$ per supporter, all you need is more supporters, and you get them with more people who freely shill for your game because they think it's good.

But that's just me who hasn't made a game and doesn't have a patreon and doesn't know jack shit in general.

Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
Well, to give you some ideas, the first step I'd do is do the thing I said in my review from a couple pages ago and turn it into a straight VN, removing the life sim parts. That makes the content, of which there is a huge amount by now, many hours, much more easily accessible to any person who just gets a link and downloads it (No walkthrough, no confused event flagging etc) maybe also rework the initial couple minutes, just so your game makes a good impression until you "hook" them. I know the first couple minutes of the game made quite a bad impression with me, only to redeem itself later (When presumably your "game making skill" already had increased)

And when you've done that, ideally when the next time you're batch rendering, just spend while a on the various imageboards and forums, introducing the game to more people, Q&Aing for a bit, gathering feedback, and hoping the strength of the product itself and word of mouth gets you new patreon supporters. You have a good amount of $$ per supporter, all you need is more supporters, and you get them with more people who freely shill for your game because they think it's good.

But that's just me who hasn't made a game and doesn't have a patreon and doesn't know jack shit in general.
Maybe I'll try that, when I get a chance.
But honestly, I don't know much about this community. I only know about this forum because a patron sent me the link. I wouldn't know where to begin.
Thanks for the advice though.

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
I mean, consider for example "Big Brother", the creator of which is generating a metric shitton of money. The reason for that is quite obvious: You start the game and the first thing is you have some of the most beautiful renders on the market. The interface in BB is really slick and easy to understand, and within a few minutes you can get your first "ecchi" scenes (peeping and such) and then you go "Wow this is nice" and you need many hours of gameplay to find that everything just basically stays like those first 15 minutes forever with some really facepalmingly bad writing. BB creates a nice façade of a game that hooks you within those critical initial minutes.

Dreaming of Dana put me off in the first 15 minutes with an unavoidable sex scene with a man-faced secretary, and the reason I kept playing was because at least the sister character wasn't "I accidentally saw his massive donger, now I have to fuck him". Make the player experience in the first 15 minutes REALLY sleek and all you need is a bit of word of mouth to get the ball rolling. Think strategically. I'd really love to see the next Dana or next Jessica scene, but you have to think this through with a sense of business. More money for you means more game for us in the end.

But honestly, I don't know much about this community. I only know about this forum because a patron sent me the link. I wouldn't know where to begin.
If you're asking for actual links of where else to promote your game, other forums... Me, I only visit "Hentai Games General", other than this board, other folks might know better places.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Personally I like having the choices and the progressions and event flagging. that's my opinion it makes me feel like I'm in control and makes it a choose your own adventure. though one thing i'd suggest to you if you could eventually do it @Ptolemy is to allow progression of weekend days where we could go to the bowling alley, dance club etc and have events like that :) but otherwise I say keep it as is.

I personally LOVE DANA and Andrea... I really like Maria and I like Jessica... not as fond of her but I do like her. and i love the extra girls mila (I want to see where that goes) and the new one from the dana-andrea getaway.... I'd also like to see more maria-MC-dana action too... but hey I'm just a fan that enjoys what ever you put out because of the quality you put into it!

Reactions: SpookyDonut

Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
I mean, consider for example "Big Brother", the creator of which is generating a metric shitton of money. The reason for that is quite obvious: You start the game and the first thing is you have some of the most beautiful renders on the market. The interface in BB is really slick and easy to understand, and within a few minutes you can get your first "ecchi" scenes (peeping and such) and then you go "Wow this is nice" and you need many hours of gameplay to find that everything just basically stays like those first 15 minutes forever with some really facepalmingly bad writing. BB creates a nice façade of a game that hooks you within those critical initial minutes.

Dreaming of Dana put me off in the first 15 minutes with an unavoidable sex scene with a man-faced secretary, and the reason I kept playing was because at least the sister character wasn't "I accidentally saw his massive donger, now I have to fuck him". Make the player experience in the first 15 minutes REALLY sleek and all you need is a bit of word of mouth to get the ball rolling. Think strategically. I'd really love to see the next Dana or next Jessica scene, but you have to think this through with a sense of business. More money for you means more game for us in the end.

If you're asking for actual links of where else to promote your game, other forums... Me, I only visit "Hentai Games General", other than this board, other folks might know better places.
Reworking the beginning.....

I always planned to. When I started this game, 6 months ago, I didn't even knew what a render was. I still keep my first render as the wall for my patreon. It's hideous. I like it to remind me how much better I've gotten at it.
But I planned to do it, after the rest of the content was done. Maybe I'll bring that forward a bit. But it would have to be behind the scenes, not interfering with my regular updates. We'll see.

Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
Personally I like having the choices and the progressions and event flagging. that's my opinion it makes me feel like I'm in control and makes it a choose your own adventure. though one thing i'd suggest to you if you could eventually do it @Ptolemy is to allow progression of weekend days where we could go to the bowling alley, dance club etc and have events like that :) but otherwise I say keep it as is.

I personally LOVE DANA and Andrea... I really like Maria and I like Jessica... not as fond of her but I do like her. and i love the extra girls mila (I want to see where that goes) and the new one from the dana-andrea getaway.... I'd also like to see more maria-MC-dana action too... but hey I'm just a fan that enjoys what ever you put out because of the quality you put into it!

Filling up the weekends is on my to do list. But I have to do it, a couple of events at a time :)

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
@Ptolemy you do great things and yes you have come a long way but don't be harsh on yourself for your first render.... it looks good knowing it was the first render! and I look forward to seeing updates from you and everything here and there and I think you're doing great!!!! take your time make it right and people will love what you do for that alone and be amazed at how much it has progressed! :) I don't say it enough THANK YOU!

Ptolemy

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2017
@Ptolemy you do great things and yes you have come a long way but don't be harsh on yourself for your first render.... it looks good knowing it was the first render! and I look forward to seeing updates from you and everything here and there and I think you're doing great!!!! take your time make it right and people will love what you do for that alone and be amazed at how much it has progressed! :) I don't say it enough THANK YOU!
Thank you for the kind words.

But compare that render with this one . It's one of my latest experiments :)

I think you'll agree that there's no comparison.

Reactions: Freki

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Thank you for the kind words.

But compare that render with this one . It's one of my latest experiments :)

I think you'll agree that there's no comparison.
I agree you have gotten better! but don't knock your early work too! it's not horrible, just be proud you have gotten better! trust me I've seen miro's early work before he made Girlfriends4ever and recently Bloodlust... he's improved from his original work and made even bigger strides.. just keep working it'll always get better if you make sure to take the time to let yourself breathe and relax some... I can wait a day or a week for an update where there was problems with renders and all your communication keeps that option alive because I know where you stand and that is why I respect your work as much as I do :) keep on moving and I'm sure you'll make that game with the Egyptians in the Hellenic period

SpookyDonut

Sep 7, 2016
@Ptolemy Problem is people play(test) games for a couple of minutes, and if they don't like beginning of a game they will not play further. I recommended this game to a few people and at first they didn't like the beginning and they complained about not having any sort of a walkthrough, i kept telling them just play story further you will see, you won't need any walkthrough everything will become logical and you gonna get used to it and the story is excellent, and they did. After they finished the game they were amazed, i was like i told you :D people today they have no patience, they want everything immediately. Your game is amazing and people who play it longer than 10 or 15 min realize that. Keep up the good work.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
its nice of you but my guess is that you should change it you have grown up as an artist but when a new potential player/patreon visit that is the first image they seen that could make them go without trying the game
Though I disagree with @Rosa Melano a great deal, in this I agree, update your wall paper for your patreon. keep this and others as a reminder in a folder that is accessible by those that love your game so you can say look how much i've improved and if you want to tell others that here is your proof! :) take pride in your work and we will too!

Gundorf

Jul 8, 2017
Dana and Andrea are top tier. I love everything Dana is and stands for, and i like Andrea because she is submissive.

Best of both worlds.

PepsiMan

Jun 25, 2017
Dana and Andrea are top tier. I love everything Dana is and stands for, and i like Andrea because she is submissive.

Best of both worlds.
the best of this game is that you can have the best all worlds, dana is perfect, but you can have the submissive one, the dominant one or the sluttiest one, i only wish you could avoid what you don't want in my case will be jessica i don't mind she is dominant with me but i don't want to share my dana with her, it would be perfect if in the second date with jess when she asks if you really want this to happen whe jess go for the rope there was an option like

mc: no i don't like but i am doing this for you
d: no, i am doing this for you
mc: i don't like jessica i just get along with her cause is your friend
d: but i don't want you make things you don't want for me

and leave

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
anyone have a walkthrough?
there really is no need to. Talk to the girls, flirt with them, get their sexuality and affection up and then they let you enjoy them in general. more story opens up as you hit increments of 25. the biggest issue is getting jessica to show up and that you just have to make sure you have gone on the solo dates with andrea and maria, and brought dana along on another. then jessica shows up. you work through her and you get the getaway with dana.

really isn't hard... you can use some console commands to elevate or drop the levels as you wish or need. beyond that it's not too complicated. :)

Reactions: jackkane

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
There's supposed to be a Dana/Andrea weekend?

I've already seen the Maria weekend, but the Dana one's always the MMA-dad-Guy from South Africa one. I've gone on both Andrea dates, and solved the thing after she got angry at me. Am I missing something else?

3.90 star(s) 64 Votes