metalbeard

Apr 1, 2017
@Ptolemy

Hi, I'm a lurker, and have been a lurker since the time I have joined this forum.
I'm breaking my silence to tell you, no.... To compliment you that you are doing an exceptional job.
I first played your game (v.0.1something) and I brushed it off, then I picked it up again around v.0.55 and boy was I surprised.
I fell in love with Dana, like seriously, I fell in love with her. Maybe its the way you've written your story and the dialogues, or maybe its the lack of actually readable/understandable/believable games there are around or maybe its my perverted hyper active imagination, but its something.
But the most important thing I want to commend you for is that your game is enjoyable. I enjoyed your game so much, that I am actually breaking my lurking just to let you know, cause I can't keep my silence playing such a quality game and not commend the author, it would be sacrilegious.

I wont give my recommendations or anything, but I can't wait to see your vision for this game, and can't wait to witness the story in its totality.

Thank you for this game, thank you for this adventure, thank you for Dana.

Papa bless!

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
@PtolemyReally many promising games have ended badly (when they were finished) because the author had listen the opinions of each other. The author got lost, the game was lost and nobody won.
Why can't people figure this out? It's not rocket surgery! Too many dev's focused on the $$ amount @ Patreon. The goal is a GOOD (great) project. The $$ amount @ Patreon will take take of itself if you stay focused. - Don't believe me, look at Summertime Sage. DC turned a "hobby" into a $175G/year business. Sweet!

@Ptolemy you have a truly engaging project, stay true to your vision. And thanks for sharing it with us!

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
Let's do a little math.

I'd need at least 3 weeks in game from start to first getaway, for it to be even remotely plausible. That's 21 days. Let's say 3 scenes per day, no randoms etc... That's 63 scenes. Let's assume the minimum of 10 renders per scene, that's 630 renders. Not easy. And coming up with 63 ideas for each scene, NOT EASY.

Alternatively, I could fill it up with "He goes to work, he goes home, he jerks off", "He goes to work, he goes home, he jerks off, this time Dana appears briefly in his fantasy", "He goes to work, he goes home, he jerks off, this time Dana appears a little more ......" How long before everyone, not just me would want to open their veins....
No! Oh god no! Baby, no! That is literally the opposite of what I suggest you do. I've played "Intimate Relations", and you meticulously document every waking moment of every character. That is certainly a way of doing it, but what I'm talking about is skipping time, narratively. In a life sim, you're documenting every morning, lunch, afternoon and evening, accounting for days and weekdays. What you're talking about there, is not removing the life sim part, you're talking about just making a different UI for your life sim. That is the opposite of what I mean you to do. Apologies if I am being unclear.

Not having the life sim parts means, you don't need to tell the player what weekday it is or what time of the day it is. This gives you the narrative freedom to exactly skip the "Goes to work, chats to sister, goes home, jerks off" part that doesn't add anything narratively. Not telling the player what day it is gives you the narrative freedom to just make it whatever day you think appropriate for the scene. The life sim part that is in the game now successfully gives the player an impression of this drudgery, but narratively it does not add anything. You can have the MC jerk off once to imprint onto the player that that's just what the MC likes doing after a long workday. And then a couple of scenes later, repeat the scene but this time with the fantasizing, to drive home the point that something has changed.

When you're doing something like the weekend getaway scenes, you can and probably should vaguely account for the number of days spent. Did you just arrive or are you about ready to go home? Those are important bits of information that offer context to a scene. But narratively speaking, time can speed up and slow down as needed. You can spend days and weeks in a single sentence, and if narratively nothing relevant happens anyways, you should. Do you want your characters talk about how mondays suck? Voilà, it is monday. You want your characters to talk about doing something on the weekend? Bridge it with an unrelated evening/night scene to simply make clear this is not the same day anymore and break up the narrative a bit, and voilà, it is friday afternoon, or whenever you need it.

Edit: Ok look, I guess you either see the problem, or I am just incapable of explaining it in a comprehensible manner. Assuming it is the former, you seem to deem yourself incapable of making the way I suggest doing it, in a manner that satisfies your own standards for the narrative progression, because weaving those bits together narratively is a bit harder than I let on. And to you, the life sim part currently works well enough and there's plenty of other people saying that the life sim structure works for them as well. Which is fine, but then I see (sometimes those same) people having the exact issues I'm describing as being caused by the life sim structure itself.

But listen: I'm gonna stop pushing this point, because, if you don't think you can do it in a satisfying manner (for yourself), regardless of whether you might agree that in theory, this might be a better way (or not) of doing it, then you probably shouldn't be doing it, and consequently, it makes no sense for me to push you to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Here's my opinion, and just that nothing more. I don't claim it will make the game better, I don't think Ptolemy should follow them or anything.

For me, personally, me alone, Jessica is too much. I don't enjoy being the sub and if (and I completely understand it from a storytelling pov and from his vision for game and characters) we don't get an option to turn the whole thing around and dom her, then I would love if you had the option to just minimize contact with her to as little as possible.
What I mean is, the scenes where she really starts to make you her bitch, I would really like to nip them in the bud, so to speak.

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
Here's my opinion, and just that nothing more. I don't claim it will make the game better, I don't think Ptolemy should follow them or anything.

For me, personally, me alone, Jessica is too much. I don't enjoy being the sub and if (and I completely understand it from a storytelling pov and from his vision for game and characters) we don't get an option to turn the whole thing around and dom her, then I would love if you had the option to just minimize contact with her to as little as possible.
What I mean is, the scenes where she really starts to make you her bitch, I would really like to nip them in the bud, so to speak.
+1 for "taming Jessica"

Reactions: dplace and botc76

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
@Ptolemy hey just thought i'd let you know I just got the random Andrea popping up again on 0.057. i had gone to sleep on a friday night and sat morning it popped up. Found the new random even with andrea too!!! great one! nicely done on the interviews... now to see about the rest of the things you put in this update!

oh one other thing, was having lunch with dana and clicked go down memory lane, and I saw Andrea's name pop up for what dana was saying. if you do the same in her office it says dana all the way through.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017

good thoughts and I can see where you are coming from... perhaps @Ptolemy could put two tracks in when he has the time one where you submit, one where you just do the b/f and g/f aspect. many of the already rendered scenes could be used for it but with different dialogue :) interesting thoughts.

Reactions: dbp5ca and botc76

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
@Ptolemy Found the new random even with andrea too!!! great one! nicely done on the interviews... now to see about the rest of the things you put in this update!
Could you give me a hint about the Andrea event and the interview? It seems like I haven't found anything like this so far. I only found something involving Dana and some minor character and a revisited thing with Andrea.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Could you give me a hint about the Andrea event and the interview? It seems like I haven't found anything like this so far. I only found something involving Dana and some minor character and a revisited thing with Andrea.
the interview and the Andrea+dana+MC has to have the first get away event done. does that help?

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
the interview and the Andrea+dana+MC has to have the first get away event done. does that help?
I think I've just found the interview part, it's a scene where Dana asks for your opinion about candidates, right?

As for the Andrea + Dana + MC ... not so much, I think I've done pretty much everything involving these 2 like the club and the pool date or do you mean one of these? I had something with Andrea at the pool, but Dana was not involved.

Reactions: Freki

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Is The game always ends after weekend with Dana and Andrea? There are no chance to continue ?
Yeah, it always ends there, I'm stuck with this event myself. It would be better if the game would just go back to the regular routine when you get back from the trip.

DonStark

May 4, 2017
Hi, somebody have a save before the weekend with Dana & Andrea please because i just fuck up my save

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I like Jessica, it's something different.

I would agree with making it optional for people that aren't into that but not taming, that isn't how that kind of fetish works. You don't go from dom to sub because some people don't like it.

I'm just hoping the NTR I see coming doesn't happen. Going by the early game and knowing the dad set Dana up with her ex, how long before he does it again or he wants her to date someone for business reasons.

Reactions: Krull and Freki
3.90 star(s) 64 Votes