terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
Nope, changed a lot. This is a trend that we'll keep for the next update too sadly, because we are remaking the art and adding a slut route, other than preparing for the rest of the story.
When that is done, the updates will start to be playable with old saves too and they will come out faster too
Hi Ravioli (hm getting hungry already^^),

The scenes with the shop owner feel a bit too grindy for my taste (might have also been due to the fact that the other quests were blocked due to the bug with the mayor).
Additionally it would be nice to see somewhere the slutiness stat (or whatever it's called) to help to know when new events with npc might trigger (like with the guy in front of the bar)

Aside from those things I'm liking the game quite much so far.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
We made hours of content in 2 months and we are working on the game day and night because we love what we do and want to improve what we have. Thinking it will take too much to be completed is unfair
No offence, while 7 years is indeed too long and might sound insulting, this bracket is just standard. Games that are finished under 3 years are exceedingly rare, other than some simple VNs.

Treasure of Nadia - 3 years
Karryn's Prison - 4 years
Dreams of Desire - 4 years

^ random completed games that I've played

House Party just got finished too and it took 6 years, but it was made in Unity and is a 3d game so that's a bit different.

Corrupted Kingdoms are 4 years in development and will still be going for at least a year more.

Ravioli Devioli

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2022
Hi Ravioli (hm getting hungry already^^),

The scenes with the shop owner feel a bit too grindy for my taste (might have also been due to the fact that the other quests were blocked due to the bug with the mayor).
Additionally it would be nice to see somewhere the slutiness stat (or whatever it's called) to help to know when new events with npc might trigger (like with the guy in front of the bar)

Aside from those things I'm liking the game quite much so far.
Yeah, we are aware of the grindiness of Ludwig quest from... before the game came out.
It feels like that because the complete first chapter of the main game will have:
A story that follows Ludwig when he was younger. Francesca will have to deal with some bad guys that help her understand the mystery behind the first cursed character.
Ludwig quest will open the slut route in the future, it will make a lot of other quests appear in the town, it will have a story that triggers when done with the daily event.
Basically playing that daily event will unlock a lot of others things AND stuff will happen during it. What you see now is the skeleton of what we have in mind.

Dreaming One is going to be episodic. The game is about Francesca studying the people of Cursed Town, Ludwig is the first but he has no story yet.
When done with one of these characters there will be another and so on and so on, until all the mysteries are unveiled and the story is over. I can say that after Ludwig comes a dragon girl.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
Nope, changed a lot. This is a trend that we'll keep for the next update too sadly, because we are remaking the art and adding a slut route, other than preparing for the rest of the story.
When that is done, the updates will start to be playable with old saves too and they will come out faster too
That's sad.
I was captivated by the first version of the game, and strong changes in the heroine's appearance so far sound like something bad to me. I honestly don't really understand the problem the developers had to face, so I can't say for sure, but it seems to me that the protagonist's face could have been left untouched. She looked like a very nice young girl, now she looks more mature, which is certainly not a bad thing, but a certain naivety(?) in her eyes has disappeared. Judging by the preview image, we still play for attractive girl, which is good, but it's just more of a different character, not the one with whom we passed our first path, which awake slight disappointment. Although, of course, the final opinion can be formed only after seeing everything in the game. But since you say that future updates will also lead to a loss of progress, I'd rather wait for the stable version. The additional protagonist also looks like a dark horse, this can be both good and bad. The fact that he is a male character is probably still for the worse, as given my first exposure to this game, I wanted to keep playing as Francesca and not be disturbed by other protagonists. I've seen a few games with multiple protagonists in the lead role, and half the time it didn't look good. But maybe this one it will be for the better?

I also wrote a big post after my first playthrough of the game (3 page), where I offered mostly tips about quality of life changes that could improve the quality of the game. I don't know if they've been taken into account in the new version, but I hope that all the changes the developers are making now won't backfire. Because so far I see a lot of negative reaction to the update. And this is sad, because I really liked the first version of the game despite its raw look.

Don't take my words as hard critique, as I said, it's not my final opinion, I would like to play your game in the future, when I will know for sure that I won't lose my progress.

Ravioli Devioli

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2022
That's sad.
I was captivated by the first version of the game, and strong changes in the heroine's appearance so far sound like something bad to me. I honestly don't really understand the problem the developers had to face, so I can't say for sure, but it seems to me that the protagonist's face could have been left untouched. She looked like a very nice young girl, now she looks more mature, which is certainly not a bad thing, but a certain naivety(?) in her eyes has disappeared. Judging by the preview image, we still play for attractive girl, which is good, but it's just more of a different character, not the one with whom we passed our first path, which awake slight disappointment. Although, of course, the final opinion can be formed only after seeing everything in the game. But since you say that future updates will also lead to a loss of progress, I'd rather wait for the stable version. The additional protagonist also looks like a dark horse, this can be both good and bad. The fact that he is a male character is probably still for the worse, as given my first exposure to this game, I wanted to keep playing as Francesca and not be disturbed by other protagonists. I've seen a few games with multiple protagonists in the lead role, and half the time it didn't look good. But maybe this one it will be for the better?

I also wrote a big post after my first playthrough of the game (3 page), where I offered mostly tips about quality of life changes that could improve the quality of the game. I don't know if they've been taken into account in the new version, but I hope that all the changes the developers are making now won't backfire. Because so far I see a lot of negative reaction to the update. And this is sad, because I really liked the first version of the game despite its raw look.

Don't take my words as hard critique, as I said, it's not my final opinion, I would like to play your game in the future, when I will know for sure that I won't lose my progress.
This is completely fair.
What we want to do is to make the game fun to play, that's why we are fighting against the repetition of the demo, to do that we need a safe workflow.

What you see in the eyes of the old model is what we call "soul" and even if she was Tortellini's first model he did a great job at displaying his talent. Of course it is way harder to do the same thing with daz, where other artists had their say in that model.

I did figure out that someone might feel like you do, that's why I made a pool on patreon and asked our supporters if they wanted Tortellini to attempt to make the current Francesca look like the old.
Their decision was to keep this one

darkzkie91

Sep 1, 2020
I grinded a bit and tried to do everything that I can and only got to 97.5% Total, the quest is 100% though. Would anyone know what I'm missing? Also, the MC design is umf, good amount of content for a demo, gonna Patreon this for 3 months and see how it goes.
does anyone have save from prequel? damn I lost all my prequel saved file,

voidzone247

Mar 12, 2017
The demo only changed the stuff that was said here on F95. There was no update with it and we are going to work on the story of Francesca for the next update. There was only 1 bug and it's now fixed. Of course old saves are broken, we didn't go on with the story and added no new scenes. Only changed stuff following tips from this thread, which of course broke the old saves.
If you don't like the new Francesca that's too bad but we have a lot of good reasons to use that model. Patrons and supporters also 100% agree on this decision so far.
The prequel was a New Year's Eve special and it's completely avoidable, you don't need to play it
Just to clarify, are you aware of the bug with the Mayor currently? After talking with the old lady and then talking with the mayor, she hints that you need to find a story to share with her. Once you've transfigured the creeps in the inn twice quest log tells you that you should mention this to the mayor, but there's no interaction with her when you get there. I can share saves if needed.

Reactions: hadra

terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
Just to clarify, are you aware of the bug with the Mayor currently? After talking with the old lady and then talking with the mayor, she hints that you need to find a story to share with her. Once you've transfigured the creeps in the inn twice quest log tells you that you should mention this to the mayor, but there's no interaction with her when you get there. I can share saves if needed.
There is a newer version uploaded a few posts back that should fix this issue.

Reactions: voidzone247

Raiden-K

Apr 5, 2020
maybe i fell into a bug!! It's night and Francesca doesn't go to sleep because she has to go to the bathroom but I still don't have access to the bathroom!
I can't talk to anyone because everyone is sleeping.
how can i solve? if i can't can you share a save :(?

Gwenh

Jul 30, 2017
That's sad.

I couldn't agree more. I had to look twice to make sure it's the same game. I had high expectation for this game after playing the demo. But, it looks like it's just another disappointment to me now.

Ravioli Devioli

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2022
maybe i fell into a bug!! It's night and Francesca doesn't go to sleep because she has to go to the bathroom but I still don't have access to the bathroom!
I can't talk to anyone because everyone is sleeping.
how can i solve? if i can't can you share a save :(?
You have to go to the natural springs, not the bathroom

the cat quest is bugged too
How? Share more details. The cat quest doesn't have a continuation so far once you find it in the forest. If you go out of the forest and go back in, it will also disappear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiden-K

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
I kinda liked the prequel, so I do hope you keep it in. I figure that at some point, tools and clues could be traded between these different periods, though the characters would obviously be oblivious about affecting one another. Francesca for example, could somewhere along the way be involved in the purple plants being altered to gain their medical properties, though I'm not certain yet how sending stuff from the future to the past would work. But a shipment of sewing kits would be welcome I guess.

Ravioli Devioli

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2022
I kinda liked the prequel, so I do hope you keep it in. I figure that at some point, tools and clues could be traded between these different periods, though the characters would obviously be oblivious about affecting one another. Francesca for example, could somewhere along the way be involved in the purple plants being altered to gain their medical properties, though I'm not certain yet how sending stuff from the future to the past would work. But a shipment of sewing kits would be welcome I guess.
It already works like that!
You can see it if you have the Future Witch armor. Francesca will mention having something in her pockets.
You can trigger the slime scene, with the black goo you can go back in the prequel and get a cloning machine. That gives you the Clone follower.

You can also buy love potions and go back to the prequel to use it on the girls. It makes the game faster. The Clone can also make the main game faster, you can use it for Ludwig.

To switch between the two you can find a place in the forest, you can switch once a day and switching will make time pass.

Also I am of course going to keep it in, the prequel is part of the story and the characters that you see in it may make an appearance in the future too. It's a pretty good way to see part of the story that you couldn't see with Francesca. Instead of just dropping some lore.

• Love
Reactions: Dripping

Ravioli Devioli

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2022
and my questions?
Sorry, I noticed it now.
So as I said working with the demo model was incredibly hard and we couldn't get much art in it so far.
There will be some tentacles with the slime scene, in the very next update.
About heels, I mean... Why not. I like them too and this game is going to have 50+ hours of gameplay at some point. There is plenty of space. The new protagonist model is also wearing heels and she has different outfits, so it is definitely going to happen.

We needed a good model before though, this is a demo and the protagonist doesn't even wear shoes because the artist didn't make them lol

What we are not going to add is scat, gore and pee.

lalushka

Jun 12, 2017
Just started the new game, what an epic menue music.

damn, why so much spoiler with the title picture in this thread.

omega_rugal

Engaged Member
Aug 24, 2018
Sorry, I noticed it now.
So as I said working with the demo model was incredibly hard and we couldn't get much art in it so far.
There will be some tentacles with the slime scene, in the very next update.
About heels, I mean... Why not. I like them too and this game is going to have 50+ hours of gameplay at some point. There is plenty of space. The new protagonist model is also wearing heels and she has different outfits, so it is definitely going to happen.

We needed a good model before though, this is a demo and the protagonist doesn't even wear shoes because the artist didn't make them lol

What we are not going to add is scat, gore and pee.

ok cool i'm waiting update with scenes with heels and tentacles :)

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes