Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
So, if I'm monogamous, I must stick with April only. :cautious:
I won't have a choice, otherwise I must feel bad cheating on her. :cry:
Yeah if you go for the non Harem route that's the only option.
I would have loved to be able to let the player choose each 1 girl only route but it would be too much too handle for me story wise :(.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I would have loved to be able to let the player choose each 1 girl only route but it would be too much too handle for me story wise :(.
In your defense, I think the majority of games are designed to be either monogamous or a harem, but rarely the option of either or.

It would make things more complicated having to keep track of all the options

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
In your defense, I think the majority of games are designed to be either monogamous or a harem, but rarely the option of either or.

It would make things more complicated having to keep track of all the options
Indeed,
Still, with a lot of time, that could generate an incredible plot with a lot of possibilities for the player.
But yeah, very few are taking it this far. Even Summertime Saga doesn't, as the LI routes you takes don't have much influence on the main story if I recall.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: annoo

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Indeed,
Still, with a lot of time, that could generate an incredible plot with a lot of possibilities for the player.
But yeah, very few are taking it this far. Even Summertime Saga doesn't, as the LI routes you takes don't have much influence on the main story if I recall.
I know Detective Nerco is definitely doing it, but that's the only game I can think of for sure where you're given the option of having the harem or dating only one of the girls. And all the girls are optional, so you can have as big or small a harem as you want. And only date who you want.

It must make things crazy complex to keep track of for development

annoo

Jul 12, 2021
an incredible plot with a lot of possibilities for the player
This is the rare stuff I'm desperately looking for, but can not find enough. :unsure:

Even so, I guess I will play this through until the end, because I like April.
I understand, that it would be too much work to write a unique route for each of the heroines, but...
If it is already decided, that the player has the option to go on a pure April route, then...
Maybe you could add just a little bit of extra, small brief branches to the April route/main story to somehow reward the player if he chooses to not get into a relationship with anyone else then April. ? :unsure:

I know Detective Nerco is definitely doing it, but that's the only game I can think of for sure where you're given the option of having the harem or dating only one of the girls. And all the girls are optional, so you can have as big or small a harem as you want. And only date who you want.
I can also think of Once in a Lifetime, Eternum, Tales from the Unending Void and maybe also Adventurer Trainer.

• Red Heart
Reactions: S1nsational

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
This is the rare stuff I'm desperately looking for, but can not find enough. :unsure:

Even so, I guess I will play this through until the end, because I like April.
I understand, that it would be too much work to write a unique route for each of the heroines, but...
If it is already decided, that the player has the option to go on a pure April route, then...
Maybe you could add just a little bit of extra, small brief branches to the April route/main story to somehow reward the player if he chooses to not get into a relationship with anyone else then April. ? :unsure:

I can also think of Once in a Lifetime, Eternum, Tales from the Unending Void and maybe also Adventurer Trainer.
Oh you're right, I forgot about OL ! awesome game...
I hope you'll enjoy your DW playthrough!

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I started this game last update and I literally finished the last version just last night. This is a nice surprise to wake up to, thanks for sharing Shli

• Red Heart

WhiteWolf93

Apr 28, 2018
This update was definitely on the "short and sweet" side, being just an aniversary event update. I really like Lily, and I want to see more of her, but April is still best girl for me.

Keep up the wonderful job Shli!

• Red Heart

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
Pacing, please!

The beginning feels bad, it’s very rushed. The whole internet culture jokes are so boring, they have zero debt. They only exist for the ‘Oh I know this stuff’ feeling. The whole relationship between April and the MC happens far to fast. I don’t care that they had an argument. I don’t know or care for them yet. I only know now that he is immature and a bit of a dick and a bit dramatic. How he felt about the conversation with April in the Café, like he didn’t had anyone to talk for months. If so, I would have liked to know that before. The ‘big’ revelation also falls completely flat because I don’t know anything about the characters. They also don’t have a relationship that could change because of that. Also, she reacts to his compliments and stuff like she never talked with a real person before. I thought of you, after that crazy stuff happened thanks to which every person would think of you. And of course, she has to blush because of that. Same problems with the Genshin Impact dream. Everything happens so fast with people I don’t have a connection with. I just don’t dare, also more funny internet culture with no context behind it.

When and how did the MC get Aprils number? Or Zoes?

Wtf April and the MC join the fight against the dragon to help Zoe? Why does the MC joins? He is a beginner and dying has consequences.

Honestly shortly in during the forest meet up with Zoe I already quite. Everything is just incredible rushed and because of that I couldn’t even bother a little bit to care just for a single thing.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Pacing, please!

The beginning feels bad, it’s very rushed. The whole internet culture jokes are so boring, they have zero debt. They only exist for the ‘Oh I know this stuff’ feeling. The whole relationship between April and the MC happens far to fast. I don’t care that they had an argument. I don’t know or care for them yet. I only know now that he is immature and a bit of a dick and a bit dramatic. How he felt about the conversation with April in the Café, like he didn’t had anyone to talk for months. If so, I would have liked to know that before. The ‘big’ revelation also falls completely flat because I don’t know anything about the characters. They also don’t have a relationship that could change because of that. Also, she reacts to his compliments and stuff like she never talked with a real person before. I thought of you, after that crazy stuff happened thanks to which every person would think of you. And of course, she has to blush because of that. Same problems with the Genshin Impact dream. Everything happens so fast with people I don’t have a connection with. I just don’t dare, also more funny internet culture with no context behind it.

When and how did the MC get Aprils number? Or Zoes?

Wtf April and the MC join the fight against the dragon to help Zoe? Why does the MC joins? He is a beginner and dying has consequences.

Honestly shortly in during the forest meet up with Zoe I already quite. Everything is just incredible rushed and because of that I couldn’t even bother a little bit to care just for a single thing.
Well, I'm sorry the pacing wasn't suited to your tastes.
It's really challenging to find a good balance between story, relationship building and lewds. I decided to go with what I like to see in my VN.
Sadly, I can't please everyone. Your point of view is that things where rushed, others already said that it's too much of a slow burn (see, chapter 3 is already finished and main LI hasn't had sex yet).

Anyway, thanks for giving it a try.

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Erm.. so my dude suddenly can shield or something but I really don't think him gaining that power was EVER explained..

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Erm.. so my dude suddenly can shield or something but I really don't think him gaining that power was EVER explained..
Well, This isn't really a shield.
I'm gonna switch to spoiler mode just in case...
Mc's power is to control time. However, as he's still unexperienced he can only freeze a specific area.
That leaves him with two possibilities on the battlefield :
  • Freeze a small enemy completely or part of something bigger
  • Freeze the whole area surrounding himself (like a bubble) so whatever happens outside that zone doesn't have any influence inside.
Of course, if a really powerful enemy was to fight with our MC, nothing can guarantee that these two solutions would still work.

Reactions: notBatman747

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Oh, that's actually a good question.
Current plan is to have only April (first girl you met) as unavoidable, rest of the Harem should be optionnal.
Does that mean there is only one un-optional. Or is it a solo April and or everyone? Not sure if that wording makes sense but I mean can I choose who to be with aside from her? I'm not opposed to a harem really but I'm also not a fan of having to be with everyone whether I'm into them are not, just because they are a part of the game. I really don't like pre establisher relationships at all but I really need something else to play.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Does that mean there is only one un-optional. Or is it a solo April and or everyone? Not sure if that wording makes sense but I mean can I choose who to be with aside from her? I'm not opposed to a harem really but I'm also not a fan of having to be with everyone whether I'm into them are not, just because they are a part of the game. I really don't like pre establisher relationships at all but I really need something else to play.
April is the only LI you can't avoid. The rest (both main cast and side girls) are up to you.
For exemple you can go with April only, April + May, April + Lulu, all girls etc.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
April is the only LI you can't avoid. The rest (both main cast and side girls) are up to you.
For exemple you can go with April only, April + May, April + Lulu, all girls etc.
Nice. I think it was a good idea to leave it open like that. Full on harem lovers as well as people who only want to dip into it should be happy. I just hope the "humor" isn't to exaggerated. I've never been one for anime/manga humor. I can deal with it in small doses but it gets to me if it in your face the whole time. Not trying to sound picky or anything it's just that many games go overboard with it in my opinion.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Nice. I think it was a good idea to leave it open like that. Full on harem lovers as well as people who only want to dip into it should be happy. I just hope the "humor" isn't to exaggerated. I've never been one for anime/manga humor. I can deal with it in small doses but it gets to me if it in your face the whole time. Not trying to sound picky or anything it's just that many games go overboard with it in my opinion.
Well, from my point of view, Chapter 1 is indeed full of meme references and humor that some enjoy and others don't. I changed the tone a bit for chapters 2 and 3 but there are still some silly anime like situations from time to time.
I hope you'll like it anyway!

Reactions: notBatman747

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Well, from my point of view, Chapter 1 is indeed full of meme references and humor that some enjoy and others don't. I changed the tone a bit for chapters 2 and 3 but there are still some silly anime like situations from time to time.
I hope you'll like it anyway!
I'll give it a try soon anyway. Worst case scenario it's not for me but knowing that it gets toned down later will help me keep at I think, if it gets to be too much.

4.40 star(s) 13 Votes