Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
So how long into the until there are choices that aren't "wrong"? So far it's just been a list of choices where there is only really one thing to do. I'm finding it pretty tedious to be honest.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
At some point of the story you'll get to choose what to do during your days and nights so you'll decide the order of things you want to progress on first. About dialogue choices, it's more a way for me to keep the player "awake" in a kinetic VN style game instead of just clicking through the dialogues so don't expect these to have a real impact on the main story.

PS: I'm sorry for that :Kappa: 1669041406884.png

• Sad
Reactions: hofom77573
Feb 4, 2018
Did anyone else get the error where line 68 of game/dreams/chapter 3/ausualsunday.rpy cannot assign to True and that line of code shows True=True?

Zerosa

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'm the creator of this game and just posted a request to set up a proper thread (with tags/links and everything you should know) for my game!
I guess F95Zone members are ahead of my timeline :cool: (or maybe I'm just a lazy dude who waited too much before posting...).
Anyway, I'm really excited to see my content here and I hope you gamers will enjoy playing it.

Cheers,
Shli
What's the difference between the compressed version and the non compressed one? In terms of gameplay.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: hofom77573

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Did anyone else get the error where line 68 of game/dreams/chapter 3/ausualsunday.rpy cannot assign to True and that line of code shows True=True?
Did you use the patch only?
This is the kind of instruction that doesn't work with Renpy 8 anymore so I had to cheat a little for the patch as I didn't wanted to force redownloading the whole game.

Easy fix is to delete files "ausualsunday.rpy" and "ausualsunday.rpyc" while leaving untouched "anusualsunday.rpy" and "anusualsunday.rpyc"

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
View attachment 1647667

Overview:
My name is □□□□□□ and I am a Wanderer.
I survived the end of the known humanity, and lived a boring life until I faced my deepest fear in a strange dream. I am now wandering in two different worlds, one as real as the other. Accompanied by people I thought I had lost, I spend my time rebuilding former relationships and moving toward a new goal.
Facing monsters, getting stronger, discovering unknown places and living special moments with beautiful girls... our story just began but I already know that it will be a hell of an adventure!​
Serious question, no sarcasm. No offense taken by me if you choose not to answer.

Why repeatable events? I'm always curious as to why developers choose this as a design choice.

Regardless of whether you respond or not, I wish you well and:

have a nice day resized some more.gif

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Serious question, no sarcasm. No offense taken by me if you choose not to answer.

Why repeatable events? I'm always curious as to why developers choose this as a design choice.

Regardless of whether you respond or not, I wish you well and:

View attachment 2192208
Hello,

No worries, that's a legitimate question.
I do that in order to have more leverage in my story implementation. I'm not fond of games that use repeatable events to add "artificial content" as, for me, it should be done in order to give a meaning to characters progression.
However, I'm still not sure of the best way to implement it in Dreamland Wanderer. When I started, a repeatable event and its repeated version where almost as long in terms of gameplay, while being slightly different content-wise. I changed that in latest releases to make the repeated version way shorter.

Next Chapter (4) won't have any repeated events as it'll be fully linear for story reasons.
Anyway, I'm keeping a good attention at not making my game a grind fuck fest and I'll continue this way, whatever implementation I choose for future content.

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
Good game so far (haven't finished yet). But 1 issue: the incest patch doesn't work for Android (or if it does then wth am I doing wrong)

Fun story, hope to see more.

Reactions: Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Good game so far (haven't finished yet). But 1 issue: the incest patch doesn't work for Android (or if it does then wth am I doing wrong)

Fun story, hope to see more.
Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying my game so far!

Where did you put your patch?

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Game needs a gallery or the option to replay scenes somehow. other than that its a good game
Hey sir,

Thank you!
You can already replay all scenes right into the Dreams Tracker (you can access that menu from the paused screen or on your bar at the bottom of the screen while in game and also when you're on the Dream Worlds map (button available at top right of your screen).
Once you're in, just select which kind of event you want to replay (main story or girls events) then click on the desired one.

Cheers!
Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Chapter 4 - December Dev Status! c4devstatusdec2022.png
Hello Dreamers,

Now that we passed the “one-year” mark of Dreamland Wanderer, let’s go back to one more traditional dev status.

I just finished writing the whole chapter 4 (remember that this one won’t be divided in two parts) and, once again, I got carried away. My initial plan was to make something closer to 5 events. I ended up making no less than 8 events for approximately 10K words, 500 renders and around 15 new animations! Speaking of renders, I started working on that part no later than yesterday.

No surprises, that version won’t be released before the beginning of next year as it still need a lot of work and, if there is one chapter that I don’t want to rush, it’s this one!

Of course, I’ll let you know my progress with the rendering process along the way!
Sweet Dreams,
Shli.

PS: Supporters, I also shared the upcoming events names on a decicated post on Patreon/SuscribeStar, come take a look!

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Merry Christmas 2022! xmas2022.png
My dear Dreamers,

The end of the year 2022 is at the corner, and it’s the perfect occasion to settle for a couple of days. Settle to look at the Time passing by, to see your family, to share memories, to enjoy food, to rest, to laugh, to love…

The more we grow up, the more these kinds of moments become rare while at the same time more precious. So, whatever you’ve planned, even if your expectations aren’t met this year or if your loved ones are afar, just remember to take some time to settle. Whether for a minute, a night or a week; look back at what you’ve accomplished this year and be proud of that!

Thank you all for being by my side on Dreamland Wanderer’s journey.
See you in a couple of days for the switch to 2023, meanwhile, I wish you to have a pleasant Christmas Eve.

Shli.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Happy new year, Dreamers!
newyearseve2023.png
My fellow Wanderers,

Happy new year! This is it, 2022 ended and it’s time to move on. Of course, the 1st is just a day like the others. Still, I hope it was a good opportunity for you to celebrate both your success and your failures!

I’ll keep it short for today and I’ll start with a dev status regarding Dreamland Wanderer Chapter 4. I wasn’t able to do much during the past two weeks as I spent my time to rest and enjoy friends and family. Still, I'm now back to business for the renders rush. I still have a lot to do before being able to release so, if I can’t manage to finish before the end of January, I’ll freeze Patreon and SuscribeStar payments (all current supporters won’t get charged until Chapter 4 goes out while keeping their benefits, starting at the end of current month). I’ll keep you updated along the way as usual!

Back to 2022 and 2023 switch now! 2022 was a very special year for me as a lot happened: my first child was born, my hobbies took a big turn and I decided to change my career. Of course, not everything was on the bright side but that’s how you can grow and also what makes you appreciate the little things in life.

I wish you the best for 2023, enjoy what life brings you and become the best you’ve ever been!
Cheers!
Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Chapter 4 – January Dev status!

Jan2024DS.png

Hello there,

It’s been quite a while, and I think it’s time for a new Dev Status regarding Dreamland Wanderer chapter 4. As a bunch of you already know, I’ve started working as a freelance for a couple of weeks, which is something totally new for me. I’m discovering a new world of freedom and I’m still in the process of adjusting my habits to share my time between my main mission and developing DW. I must admit that it’s quite erratic so far but I’m still happy with the result, both on my work quality and my mood.

As you may have noticed, I froze all Patreon and SuscribeStar payments as I won’t be ready to release in the next few weeks. I’ll reopen these as soon as Chapter 4 will be out!

To be more specific about what’s currently on the table:
  • Writing: Done
  • Scripting: Done
  • Rendering: In progress
  • Proofreading: In progress by the amazing GrogGuy!
  • Testing: To do
I know that you may feel disappointed that it takes so long and I apology for that. I’m still doing all this for fun but I’ll do my best to shorten the delay as much as possible so you’ll find back our favorite team!

Cheers,
Shli

Jul 24, 2022
Dreamland Wanderer
Version: 0.3.7
Type: VN
Content: Short
Pacing: Steady
Plot line: Main Charm of the Game - Recovering Memories - Find Happiness - Beating Deepest Fears - Teamwork
Setting: Dream/Real World - Apocalypse Aftermath - Dream Abilities + Adventures

Character Models: Good
Personalities: not many facets to each character but there seems to be backstory

Music: Good
Animation: Really good

Note: Genshin + other universes are side H-scenes !!!
Thoughts: Try to include those other universes into main story.
Surprised how you got them so well made. I hope their purpose is not only temporary H-scene filler

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shli

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Note: Genshin + other universes are side H-scenes !!!
Thoughts: Try to include those other universes into main story.
Surprised how you got them so well made. I hope their purpose is not only temporary H-scene filler
I think those stuff are just H-scene filler, after all this game is not a parody of Genshin or some other series.

Reactions: KMSR and Shli
4.40 star(s) 13 Votes