Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Is the incest patch a fanpatch or a "fuck patreon censorship" restoration patch? I ask cause it seems like the latter but those kinds of patches are usually very simple, little more than 'patch=true' and a few role names changed but this one has full dialogue script replacements which is usually the hallmark of the hacked-in fanpatch incest kind.

I have a strong dislike for fanpatch incest as it's almost always jars with the story, creating absurd situations where everyone is quickly accepting of an incestuous relationship or the relationship develops far faster than it should cause it's not meant to be a taboo relationship in the original script. Also, if the story is meant to have incest, i want it to have incest, fuck censorship, but if it isn't meant to have incest, i do not want it to have any. Author's intended version or go home.

So, knowing that, which is it?

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Is the incest patch a fanpatch or a "fuck patreon censorship" restoration patch? I ask cause it seems like the latter but those kinds of patches are usually very simple, little more than 'patch=true' and a few role names changed but this one has full dialogue script replacements which is usually the hallmark of the hacked-in fanpatch incest kind.

I have a strong dislike for fanpatch incest as it's almost always jars with the story, creating absurd situations where everyone is quickly accepting of an incestuous relationship or the relationship develops far faster than it should cause it's not meant to be a taboo relationship in the original script. Also, if the story is meant to have incest, i want it to have incest, fuck censorship, but if it isn't meant to have incest, i do not want it to have any. Author's intended version or go home.

So, knowing that, which is it?
It is the latter ;-)

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
I good one and it will give 10 points to Hufflepuff! Just found this one and it made my day. Keep up the good work Dev! (y)
:devilish:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
polln1.png
Chapter 3 – First poll and thanks
Hello Dreamers,

It’s been a bit more than a week that Dreamland Wanderer Chapter 3 – Part 1 was released for all. Like the second chapter, you provided me really good feedback! Those countless hours weren’t spent for nothing and I can’t be more pleased.

Of course, as announced in my last dev status, I started working on Part 2. Currently, I’m about halfway regarding writing and scripting. My plan is that I’ll start rendering in a week. I’ll be abroad for half a month in June so I’ll do my best to achieve as much as I could before I leave so that the next release will not take place too far from the end of June. I’ll make another post in a couple of days regarding planned content but, I can already tell you that I spent my Friday the 13th evening writing some spooky stuff (I know that Halloween is still far ahead but, we haven’t reached the “seasonal events” goal yet! So, for now you’ll have a bear with “unseasonal content” hehe!)

On that matter, we’ve reached the first supporter goal on Patreon/Suscribestar! Thanks to all of you people! I still have a hard time believing it! So, I’m proud to announce that the first poll will be posted on said platforms in a couple of minutes! If you prefer to see April in her firefighter outfit, May in a doctor’s coat or Zoe in a spacesuit, it’s time to make your voice heard!

That’s it for this week. Once more, thank you all for being part of this journey!

Enjoy your night.

Shli.

Reactions: hofom77573

darkstorm678910

Jul 25, 2020
What is the artwork created in, I'm wondering because I am starting to play lots of games that are created using the same artwork?

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
polln1results.png
Chapter 3 – First poll results!

Hello there,

A week passed and it’s time to announce the results of Dreamland Wanderer first poll! The votes are unanimous and it’s April in her firefighter suit who was elected. A dedicated scene will be implemented as an event within next release (Chapter 3 – Part 2).

As you can see in the pic attached, May is a bit disappointed but I’m sure there will be plenty of other occasions for our MC to see her in working clothes! Zoe, as usual, didn’t say much and just gave you a disdainful look.

A few words about my progress regarding next update. This week has been rough and I struggled to find time to write the remaining events. Still, I’m almost done with that part and I’m confident about starting renders in the next few days.

Today is Sunday (in my time zone at least), the sun is shining and there’s a vacation feeling in the air! So, enjoy your day, Dreamers!

Shli.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
redditzoeteaser.png
Chapter 3 - Dev status 6

Hello fellow players,
As promised, here is a weekly status incoming! So, what’s new in the Dream Worlds?

Well, I worked hard to achieve as much as I could before taking my 2 weeks’ vacation at the other side of the globe. Chapter 3 – Part 2 is still a work in progress and, as of today, I’m here:
  • Writing: Done
  • Scripting: Done
  • Renders: around 100/500
I still have next week to continue working on the renders and I plan to let you know where I stopped before leaving next weekend (of course, even while I won’t be able to render when I’ll be traveling, I’ll still be able to write so that’ll be the perfect occasion to continue Chapter’s 4 story writing!)

Besides, next dev status will also be the occasion for me to tell you a bit more about what’s coming in next story events so, stay tuned!

Have a nice Sunday Dreamers!
Shli.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
vacation2022.png
Chapter 3 – Dev status 7 and vacation!

Hello Dreamers,

Last week, I told you that I was going to publish one last Weekly Status before heading on a vacation. So, here is the promised one!

First of all, a brief note about my progress regarding the next release. I kept working on the renders during my free time this week and I’m approximately halfway on that matter. I also decided to add a good chunk of content in some planned events so the total number of renders should be more than the initial 500 expected. I’m still aiming to release before the end of July for supporters and early August for everyone.

I also told you that I was going to write a few words about Chapter 3 – Part 2. Those of you who played the first part of this chapter should have noticed that I wanted our team to take a faster pace on their quest. Well, part 2 should follow that mindset as well but, as I have a lot to narrate, there will be even more “Main story” events. Along with these, Zoe will be put under the spotlight by our teammates about her current “Mood”, our roommates will need to find something to do on the evenings and daytime in the “Real World” should be the occasion for MC to meet people and explore mysterious locations…

I don’t want to spoil the goods more than what I already did so, to summarize: you could expect a lot of action with the usual touch of wholesomeness and ecchi plus a bit of spooky moment as a bonus!

I can’t wait to see all of you playing what I prepared…
Meanwhile, it’s time for me to discover another part of the world for a couple of days.

Sweet dreams,
Shli.

PS: Kudo to the KK Discord Community and their awesome contributors! The render attached was possible thanks to them.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Is something broken in this release? The half boss event never finishes but it says game over.

Also Dream Tracker April is missing the back link. Also please add back to the main screen of the Dream Tracker for Main Girls and Side Story. Also hope that incest patch gets used soon.

Last edited:

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Is something broken in this release? The half boss event never finishes but it says game over.

Also Dream Tracker April is missing the back link. Also please add back to the main screen of the Dream Tracker for Main Girls and Side Story. Also hope that incest patch gets used soon.
Hey molitar,

The half boss event ends in the middle of the fight and that's normal, next release will reveal what happened next ;-).

I have an ux rework planned for the Dreams Tracker that should fix buttons positioning and overall feeling of that menu.

I don't understand your last point about the patch? It's up to date and should work fine with last release (it's always updated at the same time as the release so you should download latest version of said patch).

Cheers.

Reactions: hofom77573

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Hey molitar,

The half boss event ends in the middle of the fight and that's normal, next release will reveal what happened next ;-).

I have an ux rework planned for the Dreams Tracker that should fix buttons positioning and overall feeling of that menu.

I don't understand your last point about the patch? It's up to date and should work fine with last release (it's always updated at the same time as the release so you should download latest version of said patch).

Cheers.
I meant where we actually have an incest event with the sisters. So far it's not had a chance to be used.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Chapter 3 – A kinda long dev status - 8
scavengersendgame1.png

My dear Dreamers,

As promised, here is a Dev Status regarding Dreamland Wanderer.

Let’s start with the main news: GrogGuy accepted to become the official ProofReader of the game! It’s been a while that he’s been around here, supporting and making grammar suggestion on his free time so it seemed natural to ask him to be “the One”. As you can see, he said yes and he’ll now be known as “The Chronicler” (those of you who’ve read “The Kingkiller Chronicles” should get the reference, the others should definitely go read said books!). Thank you very much again GG, I’m really happy to start working with you.

Now, regarding my progress on Chapter 3 – Part 2: well, even if I repeat myself “Don’t put too much pressure on yourself, it’s just a hobby”, I can’t help but feel a little bit disappointed by how much time I’m able to spend on the renders… I’ll not get into personal details but, my daily job requires me to work countless hours since I return home from vacation and I’m no longer able to “cheat the system” by making use of endless, boring Teams meetings to do a couple of renders now that I’m back at the office (yay…). So, I can only spend time on DW at night. Still, I managed to make another batch of renders the last couple of days but, as of today, I’m not confident about being able to release for supporters before the end of the month. I’m not going to lie; I feel a bit guilty because I’m the one who shared a deadline with you. That being said, I’m not gonna give you up (huehuehue) either and I decided to put the Patreon billing cycle of August in hold. That means, all current supporters won’t have to pay anything at the end of July to keep their role.

Well, no more whining and let’s give a look at the attached pic. That one is an in-game render you’ll get to see in Chapter 3 – Part 2. I won’t spoil anything so I’ll let you take guesses about what’ll happen in that event.
One last word before I get back to my renders: Thank you fellas for still being around here and following Dreamland Wanderer’s journey. It’s been nine months that I’m out there, telling my story to strangers and I’m still getting the same good vibes everytime I work on the game or speak to one of you.

Have a good night.
Shli.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
C3Weeklystatus9.png

Chapter 3 - Weekly status 9 - Still alive

Hello fellow Dreamers,

The title says it all, I'm still alive...
I wasn't expecting my summer to be that harsh regarding my full-time job. But I survive and I'm still able to work on Dreamland Wanderer from time to time which is nice.
I'm not gonna lie, things go slow (for my personal taste at least). Some changes could occur but nothing is sure yet and it won’t be effective before the end of the year anyway so I'm not going to give more detail about that for the time being. Meanwhile, I'm looking for ideas to reduce the waiting time between releases. If you have something in mind or a suggestion, feel free to share it!

So, how is Chapter 3 - Part 2 going?
Well, I'm almost done with the renders of the "Main story" events. I'll still have a big chunk to do with side and girls’ events but it's nice to see things going in the right direction.

I kept it short as I don't have much to say. I hope you enjoyed the attached pic.
Have a nice weekend and see you soon!
Shli.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
A shadow in the sandstorm
c3p2teaser.png
Hey Dreamers,

Here is a small teaser regarding the next release of Dreamland Wanderer.
Who could that be? Is that an ally or an enemy? Are we dreaming right now?
All these questions should find an answer in Chapter 3 – Part 2!

Sweet dreams,
Shli

PandaSuky

Jul 25, 2019
The game is great but i have to ask, if they cant remember stuff about eachother (MC and May) how she sometimes talk like ( i will not dress like a elve from the games you and April used to play) or (remember the prom before the world destruction, yes you keep blabbering about it) if they are supose to not remember eachother how they remember that stuff, is like they do remember about their past together with april still

4.40 star(s) 13 Votes