Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Hello Dreamers,

Here comes a new dev status.
So, first question: How far am I to release Chapter 3 Part 1 of Dreamland Wanderer?

Well, I spent a lot of time working on the renders for the last two weeks and I finished around 300 in total plus all the animations. Speaking of animations, I struggled a lot with those because I wanted to do something big for this version regarding the sex scenes. Everything isn’t perfect (there is still a bit of unavoidable clipping) but I had to choose between releasing in a couple of weeks versus spending twice this time working on the tiniest details. Anyway, I’m really happy with the result and those of you playing in NSFW mode won’t be disappointed. So, to summarize with numbers like last time:
  • Events writing: 10/10
  • Scripting: Done
  • Rendering: 300/500
  • Animations: 15/15
  • Soundtrack: 0/10

As you can see, there is still a lot to do but I’m doing my best to shorten the delay. I’m still hoping to release the supporters’ version before the end of this month, but I’m uncertain of my ability to succeed in it. One thing is sure, I’ll never deliver anything unfinished just to meet a deadline.

This week, supporters will get a sneak peek at the new side girl our beloved MC will meet during his adventures. If you haven’t yet, come take a look on the Patreon/Suscribestar page.

That’s it for now, time to get back to my renders!
Enjoy your day/night people.
Shli.

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Still playing through, but enjoying it so far. Thanks for the game!

I like the characters, the designs, and the whole dream theme. Not sure if it's been done here before, but I haven't seen anything similar. I also appreciate that the cast is pretty small right now. I much prefer expanding on a small roster of characters than being swamped with dozens that are paper thin.

No major suggestions / complaints as of yet, but here's what I've got at the moment:

- Maybe a little more clarity for unlocking scenes and progression. I was curious if I could focus on a single character exclusively, but I think I've hit a wall where I need to start interacting with the others as well. Not a huge deal though. That's pretty typical of these type of games. I always kind of hope otherwise, but that's on me I guess.

- Not entirely sure if the "wake up" segments are completely necessary. After unlocking the map, they don't seem to serve a huge purpose besides making the day... err night cycle seem a bit disjointed. Maybe I'm missing something?

- There's a few places where the writing seems a bit off, but nothing glaring. Not sure if it would be appreciated, but I can do a replay later and post them here.

Anyway... still got some content to go, so this might get updated. I'll leave a review when I'm finished, but so far, it's getting a good review. I'm considering subbing but I seriously need to trim back some of the old ones first. My wallet is crying.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shli and ElukiaTV

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Thank you for that early review GG.
I'm glad you're enjoying my game and I'll do my best to keep it that way.

Here are some thoughts on what you wrote:
I like the characters, the designs, and the whole dream theme. Not sure if it's been done here before, but I haven't seen anything similar. I also appreciate that the cast is pretty small right now. I much prefer expanding on a small roster of characters than being swamped with dozens that are paper thin.
I agree with you on a moderate size cast. I don't plan to make it grow at each version (side and main one). I want the story to go forward and I feel that the player can't really feel close to a character if he gets overwhelmed with dozens of girls. Yes, that's a harem game but I don't want it to become a quick "pressure reliever".

- Maybe a little more clarity for unlocking scenes and progression. I was curious if I could focus on a single character exclusively, but I think I've hit a wall where I need to start interacting with the others as well. Not a huge deal though. That's pretty typical of these type of games. I always kind of hope otherwise, but that's on me I guess.
Being able to being focused on one character route was my initial wish when I started working on DW. However, I felt that it will be a huge burden story-wise. Besides, as mentioned previously, the cast shall remain small sized so it makes even more sense to build a fiction with interactions between characters. That's also why I implemented the Dream’s Journal in the initial release as I didn't want the player to be lost on its way. I'm also thinking of a way to build an interactive walkthough but I need to keep the releases going on for now so it'll probably be a long-term project.

- Not entirely sure if the "wake up" segments are completely necessary. After unlocking the map, they don't seem to serve a huge purpose besides making the day... err night cycle seem a bit disjointed. Maybe I'm missing something?
You're not, daytime purpose in the first two chapters is mostly to set the pace of the game. It'll make a lot more sense in future releases because some events will take place during the daytime. No spoilers but, you'll see that chapter 2 last event goes precisely this way.

- There's a few places where the writing seems a bit off, but nothing glaring. Not sure if it would be appreciated, but I can do a replay later and post them here.
Be my guest! Every bit of help could... well... help!
Besides, next release will include a full revision (grammar-wise) of Prologue, Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 as gloomyMoron proofread all the content already included ingame.

Anyway... still got some content to go, so this might get updated. I'll leave a review when I'm finished, but so far, it's getting a good review. I'm considering subbing but I seriously need to trim back some of the old ones first. My wallet is crying.
That's nice of you but don't worry about not being able to sub. That review of yours is as meaningful as any financial support!

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for the response! You have a lot more patience with the quote feature than me haha.

1) Glad to hear it'll be a small cast!

2) Makes sense. Having to go through every character's arc bothers me a lot less when there are just a few main characters, so it's already not a huge deal. It's just something that bothers me in a lot of games, so I can't help but whine about it every opportunity haha.

3) Sounds good. If the wake up segments serve a purpose, I don't mind them. I just thought I'd mention it in case they don't.

4) Glad to hear you already have a proof-reader. Not sure how much help I'll be in that case. I'll start posting what I've got, but if you find it's not helpful let me know.

I'm also reflecting now that posting my proof-reading suggestions here might get spammy. Not sure if it might be better in a discord chat or something.

Anyway... Disclaimer: I have no qualifications as a proofreader or editor. I just read a lot… I'm also playing with the patch, so the dialogue corresponds to that.

Edit: It doesn't like the original text snips I took.. Bleh, this'll take a bit to rewrite. Alright and done. No more pasted images. There's probably a better way in the future for me to do this.

Edit: I can attach documents here? Just noticed that. PDF version of suggestions attached. Not a whole lot of time on weekdays, but I'll update little by little as time permits.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Thanks for the response! You have a lot more patience with the quote feature than me haha.

1) Glad to hear it'll be a small cast!

2) Makes sense. Having to go through every character's arc bothers me a lot less when there are just a few main characters, so it's already not a huge deal. It's just something that bothers me in a lot of games, so I can't help but whine about it every opportunity haha.

3) Sounds good. If the wake up segments serve a purpose, I don't mind them. I just thought I'd mention it in case they don't.

4) Glad to hear you already have a proof-reader. Not sure how much help I'll be in that case. I'll start posting what I've got, but if you find it's not helpful let me know.

I'm also reflecting now that posting my proof-reading suggestions here might get spammy. Not sure if it might be better in a discord chat or something.

Anyway... Disclaimer: I have no qualifications as a proofreader or editor. I just read a lot… I'm also playing with the patch, so the dialogue corresponds to that.

Edit: It doesn't like the original text snips I took.. Bleh, this'll take a bit to rewrite. Alright and done. No more pasted images. There's probably a better way in the future for me to do this.

Edit: I can attach documents here? Just noticed that. PDF version of suggestions attached. Not a whole lot of time on weekdays, but I'll update little by little as time permits.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you very much, that's really helpful!

I don't have an official proofreader yet, gloomyMoron kindly offered to work on the actual content but I don't want to bother him with next releases if he wants to do something else.
Same to you, I don't want to abuse your time so I would suggest you to not bother with that until next version as a lot of fixes have already be done and there is more than 130 pages of texte in total...

My Discord PM (or official serveur) are open to all. I would be happy if you want us to get in touch here.

PS: you got me with the grandma exemple!

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Sounds good.

I have an updated doc that has suggestions up until the end of the prologue / beginning of chapter 1. I'll keep taking snips of things that seem off to me, but I'll hold off on actually writing up the suggestions and sharing anything until the newest version. Snips are easy, it's writing up and explaining my reasoning that takes time haha.

Anyway, I hopped on the discord, but I'm generally pretty quiet. I'll still make sure to say hello though!

Good luck, and here's one raunchier punctuation joke:

I love eating out, my family, and playing games!
vs
I love eating out my family and playing games!

Punctuation matters!

The pdf is attached. If there's any issues with you viewing it, I can do another spoiler with the suggestions here. I'll probably proof read my proof reading later, but too tired right now.

• Haha

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Teaser1.png
Hello fellow players,

I’ll keep it short, last week, I said I would let you know how far I’m to reach from my goal of releasing Chapter 3 Part 1 before the end of April so I’ll keep my promise. This time, numbers first:

• Events writing: 10/10
  • Scripting: Done
  • Rendering: 450/500
  • Animations: 15/15
  • Soundtrack: 0/10
Yup, as you can see above, I’ve put a lot of efforts in the rendering process those last few days to keep my deadline! So, unless something happens next week (I’m looking at you, COVID…), I should be able to release the supporter’s version around next Sunday.

In any case, if I feel something could go wrong, I’ll let you all know so you don’t get any false hope.

Meanwhile, I wish you all a good time.
See you next week.
Shli.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
c3reallifemeeting1.png
Chapter 3 - Supporters release!

Hello there,

I did it! This is the end of the month and the time has come to release the first part of Dreamland Wanderer Chapter 3!
Once again, I've put a lot of myself in this version (and countless hours...). Even if I wanted to divide each chapter in two parts to make each release smaller, the theory and reality were, once again, way different.

So, what can you expect from it?
Well, as announced, I tried to find a good balance between story, wholesomeness and NSFW events.
The result is:
  • 11K+ words
  • 5 story events
  • 1 NSFW event
  • 4 girls’ events
  • 500+ renders
  • 15 animations
  • 5 new songs
  • 1+ hour of additional gameplay
  • Chapters 1 and 2 fully proofread
What happened to MC after the last chapter event? How are the girls doing? Will the mystery surrounding Lulu's powers be unraveled? Where are you going to spend your next "quality time"?
All these questions should find an answer in that version.

My fellow supporters, you can find the download links on Patreon, Suscribestar or the dedicated Discord channel (starting from Wanderer Tiers).
Public release will be live in a week!

I hope you'll have a great time playing it and I can't wait to read your feedbacks.

A very big thank to gloomyMoron for his incredible work on proofreading the whole content up to Chapter 3.
Also, thanks to the helpers, Jhustrue and GrogGuy.
Finally, a kind attention to my supporters and, of course, to all the players.

See you in a week.
Sweet dreams,
Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
leavethepastbehind33.png
Chapter 3 - Part 1: Public release!

My fellow Dreamers,
Here we are! The R-Day is finally here!
After 2 months of work, the first part of Dreamland Wanderer Chapter 3 is now out for everyone! I don’t know about you but, this morning, I woke up in an incredible mood!

I’ve had really good feedback from the supporters along with some suggestions that will (for the most part) be implemented with the upcoming chapters.

Here is a reminder of what to expect from this release:
  • 1+ hour of additional gameplay
  • 11K+ words
  • 5 story events
  • 1 NSFW event
  • 4 girls’ events
  • 500+ renders
  • 15 animations
  • 5 new songs
  • Chapters 1 and 2 fully proofread
The download links are up to date on the main post.
Let me know if you enjoyed it or if you have any issue/suggestion. Both my PM and the Discord server are open and I would be more than happy to hear your thoughts.
To celebrate, I made a couple of signatures banners. Feel free to use those!
April-banner.gif Lulu-banner.gif May-banner.gif Zoe-banner.gif Re-Members-banner.gif Re-Members-banner-2.gif

It’s now time for me to get back to the writing of part 2. Our journey is far from being over and I hope you’ll be part of it for a long time.
Enjoy your weekend Dreamers.
Shli.

Shiroyami06

Jan 16, 2019
Does the android port have incest patch and textbox opacity?i hate playing games with half of the screen black

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Does the android port have incest patch and textbox opacity?i hate playing games with half of the screen black
Yes, you just have to put the patch file in the appropriate folder.
For transparent textbox, you just need to change its style to "clear" in options menu.

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
I had huge hopes for this one but after 10-15 minutes all I got is irritated & annoyed. I feel like this game is just too annoy people with it's idiotic linear stuff, don't give choices when they mean nothing, while at the same time adding annoying text to those choices. it doesn't help at all.
I honestly cannot feel or see tiniest shred of respect or love in this VN from the dev/devs...

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
I had huge hopes for this one but after 10-15 minutes all I got is irritated & annoyed. I feel like this game is just too annoy people with it's idiotic linear stuff, don't give choices when they mean nothing, while at the same time adding annoying text to those choices. it doesn't help at all.
I honestly cannot feel or see tiniest shred of respect or love in this VN from the dev/devs...
I'm sorry that you didn't like it and I respect that.
Still, I think having such a radical point of view after playing it for only a couple of minutes is kinda hard to hear.

My work is probably not suited to your taste and that's fine. But don't doubt about me putting a lot of love and passion into developing this project. I don't aim for money (if so then I would have better created a clic and FAP Loli game...). All this is just a hobby ;-).

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Just finished it. Thanks for the new content, really enjoyed it!

Renders look great, and I enjoyed the reunion and new character interactions.

Gloomy also did a great job on proof-reading all the previous content.
For anyone who had issues with that before, or for anyone going in fresh, things look good. The new chapter has also improved significantly writing wise, despite not being proof-read yet.

Cheers!

• Red Heart
4.40 star(s) 13 Votes