jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
That's awesome and very kind of you for taking the time to fix my mistakes. Thank you very much jhustrue.
I wasn't aware of this, neither that using a simple "scene" could do the trick as well...
Sure, just ping me (@) when you do and I'll remove my posts so no one gets confused.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Sure, just ping me (@) when you do and I'll remove my posts so no one gets confused.
Alright but I'll credit you for your help anyway. You're the one who pointed that out AND fixing it so...

Reactions: jhustrue

WhiteWolf93

Apr 28, 2018
I gave my overall opinion on the review, but let me just be more close and personal here.

Personally, April is top tier design wise. I love everything about her, very well done.
I also like Mays face a lot. It looks really good.

Sometimes the humour seems a bit tacky. A lot of pop culture references piled on top of each other. It reached a point were I wasn't laughing anymore. I was just saying "another one". They aren't bad, per se, but since I powered through the whole thing in one sitting, I found it repetitive.

Now for my main complaint. It's unforgivable! Sakura is flat! Always has been, always will be. I demand flat Sakura!

Now seriosly, this looks like a really cool game, definitely one to watch out for. And I know you put Lessons In Love as one of your inspirations, and as much as I enjoyed that game, please, don't let yours become a huge bloated mental confusion.

Good luck to you Fork!

Rangina

Oct 15, 2019
Hi Fork! Nice game, looking foward for the next update.
How offen do you launch updates? I don't care waiting months for this amount content.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Nice game ;)
Thank you ay3!

I gave my overall opinion on the review, but let me just be more close and personal here.

Personally, April is top tier design wise. I love everything about her, very well done.
I also like Mays face a lot. It looks really good.

Sometimes the humour seems a bit tacky. A lot of pop culture references piled on top of each other. It reached a point were I wasn't laughing anymore. I was just saying "another one". They aren't bad, per se, but since I powered through the whole thing in one sitting, I found it repetitive.

Now for my main complaint. It's unforgivable! Sakura is flat! Always has been, always will be. I demand flat Sakura!

Now seriosly, this looks like a really cool game, definitely one to watch out for. And I know you put Lessons In Love as one of your inspirations, and as much as I enjoyed that game, please, don't let yours become a huge bloated mental confusion.

Good luck to you Fork!
Thank you for your feedback and review. Those are really valuable!
I'll be attentive about these pop culture references in the future.
Agree, Flat Sakura = Best Sakura but on the other hand... Shippuden Hinata...
Finally, no worries about the sotry being mental, it will not happen as I want it to stay on a wholesome tone.

Hi Fork! Nice game, looking foward for the next update.
How offen do you launch updates? I don't care waiting months for this amount content.
Thank you Rangina.
That's my biggest concern actually as I want to keep delivering frequently for the player to stay in the flow of the story. But it's still only a hobby. For exemple, the chapter 2 update took me 3 months to prepare and I had to put a good bunch of daily activities on hold to shorten the delay as much as possible.
That's why I decided to divide each chapter in two parts from now on (with around 1h of content each time).
Can't promise anything but I'll try to release every 2 months.

Reactions: hofom77573
Jul 31, 2021
Small gripes with the English aside, this was actually very engaging. I'm digging the team dynamic, Lulu and April being my favorites. Cheers to the dev for this wonderful game! Easily looking forward to more updates in the future. :coffee:

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Looking forward to future updates of this, really enjoying the story so far, loving the character designs and the different personalities of the girls, keep up the good work dev.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Small gripes with the English aside, this was actually very engaging. I'm digging the team dynamic, Lulu and April being my favorites. Cheers to the dev for this wonderful game! Easily looking forward to more updates in the future. :coffee:
Looking forward to future updates of this, really enjoying the story so far, loving the character designs and the different personalities of the girls, keep up the good work dev.
Thank you very much guys! Will keep working hard!

ChaosV2

Mar 21, 2020
hey i cant save my game

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1313, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 435, in save
    location.save(slotname, sr)
  File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 435, in save
    raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Dreamland Wanderer 0.2.0
Thu Feb 24 13:05:54 2022

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
hey i cant save my game

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 435, in save
    location.save(slotname, sr)
  File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 435, in save
    raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Dreamland Wanderer 0.2.0
Thu Feb 24 13:05:54 2022
Hey,
Where is your game stored?
Someone encountered the same error because he didn't see the antivirus asking him if he allows the game to store new files.

SnowMelts

Dec 21, 2021
Hard to believe this is your first game considering the quality of the first chapter alone, render and script wise. The Naruto girls took me by surprise, in a good way and on top of that i saw on an earlier post that you might add some genshin girls which is exciting. Good job Dev! Looking forward to more updates.

• Red Heart
Reactions: jhustrue and Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Hard to believe this is your first game considering the quality of the first chapter alone, render and script wise. The Naruto girls took me by surprise, in a good way and on top of that i saw on an earlier post that you might add some genshin girls which is exciting. Good job Dev! Looking forward to more updates.
Hey SnowMelts. Thank you very much for these kinds words.
It's indeed my first game but I had the idea in mind since two years actually. I just needed to get my shit together and try to do it for good.

ChaosV2

Mar 21, 2020
Hey,
Where is your game stored?
Someone encountered the same error because he didn't see the antivirus asking him if he allows the game to store new files.
i fixed it it was ether moving it or i just ran as admin

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Chapter 2 – Post mortem and beyond!
Hello there,

It’s been a week since Chapter 2 public release of Dreamland Wanderer and I’m amazed by the awesome reviews, feedbacks and words of encouragement that I received! You girls and guys are awesome.

As you can guess, I’ve put my hand at work again by starting the writing process of Chapter 3 part 1 (see my post from last week for more info about why I’ll divide each chapter in two parts from now on). This one should be around 10 or 12 events long. I’m currently done with 3 of these so far. Still a long way to go but I’ll do my best to shorten the delay as much as possible. I’m sure you’re eager to know what will happen after Chapter 2 cliffhanger!

Regarding Chapter 2 fixes and typos, jhustrue made a fix for animations that could be laggy on modest specs hardware while gloomyMoron kindly offered to proofread the content up to the current version. I’ll update release links with 0.2.1 when everything is in place. Thank you very much you two, you’re incredible.

On another matter, the Discord channel has been way more active those past days and I’m very pleased by that. Feel free to join if you haven’t yet.

That’s it for now Dreamers. My week was memorable thanks to you all.
See ya.
Shli.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Hello dreamers,

Here is a new dev update!

I made good progress regarding Chapter 3 part 1 writing this week. As of today, I only have 3 events left to write and I also scripted a big part of what’s already done. So, If I manage to keep it this way, I should be able to start working on the renders as soon as next week!

A few words about next release content now. As those who played Chapter 2 content should have noticed, that one was strongly focused on the girls. Chapter 3 (both part 1 and 2) will contain more story events. Of course, there will still be a good part of side events too but our team has a goal to achieve so they must go forward! For those also here for the lewds, rest assured, you shall not be deceived.

Finally, chapter 4 is far ahead but I’ve already chosen the events that I plan to put inside and a part of these will be on a darker tone than the usual so brace yourself already! (Still, don’t worry too much, Dreamland Wanderer is a wholesome story and will stay this way.)

That’s it for this week! For supporters, know that I published the names of upcoming events on Patreon/Suscribestar so come take a look!

See ya.

Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
C3Teaser2.png
Hello Dreamers,

Short dev status incoming!

That’s it, I finished the writing process of Chapter 3 Part 1 and I can confirm what I told you last week, it will contain perfect balance between story, girls and lewds, still under the wholesomeness moonlight. I even get so involved in one particular event that I felt completely drained off for the following evening. I’m sure you’ll love it.

As you can see in the pic attached, I started working on the renders! At this point, the next release should contain around:
  • 11K Words (1 hour of content)
  • 450 images
  • 15 animations
I can’t say when I’ll be ready to deliver this version yet but I’ll do my best to keep the wait as short as possible.

That’s it for this week!
Have a nice Sunday evening/Monday morning.
Shli.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
easter2022.png
Hello fellow Wanderers,

New dev status on its way!

Let’s start with my progress regarding Chapter 3 part 1. I’m working on the renders since last week and, as of today, I’m done with around a hundred (so 100/450 if you prefer clear numbers). I also implemented all the grammar fixes and suggestions that gloomyMoron identified when he proofread chapters 1 and 2 (which represent more than 185 pages of text!) Once again, thank you very much for your hard work, it felt as if I was back to school when the teacher reviewed my written expression!

Now, the big question… When will the next version be released? Well, I don’t want to announce a date (deadlines are a moving concept, trust me I’m an engineer…). Yet, my goal is still to deliver it before the end of the month, at least to supporters.

Finally, as you can see attached, I had to do something to celebrate the 1st of April because… You know… I hope you’ll enjoy this wallpaper!

More and more of you played Dreamland Wanderer and I’m amazed. So, I wish to say to you all, players, supporters, reviewers, helpers, thank you!

Enjoy your weekend!

Shli.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Spring wallpaper.png

The arrival of spring also means that it’s time to enjoy being outside again, to wander along the wind while surrounded by thoughts, friends and family.

I wish you all a nice Sunday.
Shli.

4.40 star(s) 13 Votes