ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Well i did say i was finally gonna play this once it reached 0.2 and so i did.
I have a possitive but still mixed opinion so far.

So.. some of my toughs.
- The Wanderers. The concept is nice, you break from your fears and they become your... "weapon", also the fact that you become in a way, a traveler of worlds, dream worlds. That arent exactly bound to the rules.
- Characters. So far all girls are different. And while i dont think Zoe acts like a lone wolf at all, just a not much of a talker. So far the characters are going well, want to see more in the future.

- The UI... alright, im sure we know where some of those menus come from... and while its nice to have a replay and track system from the begining... you know you know. That is not my problem, so ill not comment about picking code.
- April... Does she like watermelons too? ;)
- There is a bit of an inconsistency with the whole memories thing. Like at one point May talks about how MC was at school. Why? and how? she isnt suposed to remember about it, why does she know MC used to do this or that?

And i have some issues (some big some small) with the world building, so this part is a bit of a rant, sorry.
- Rules, Fork tells us about items and how the dream worlds work, you cant bring stuff, but you can, sometimes, adquire "items". This goes out the window the moment the girls start buying clothes and going shopping. To where? buy from who? with what kind of money? did they just imagine they have money on their pockets? how did the MC suddenly buy a dress if we never seen him adquire some of the money, like April had from when she bought the map? that apparently costed a lot of "money".
I think that part requires a bit more of tough, like you should give yourself some rules and try to stick to it, or maybe you should relax your original rules, so the parts that come later dont seems totally rule breaking.
- Outside world. I think we barely knew nothing about the setting before the MC decided to get out of his bedroom. Like, yeah, world is fucked, but he lives on a fancy city with pc and light, and we were told some cults came out after the whole disaster, but... they are wandering in a wasteland and are canivals? that came out of freaking nowhere, the game outside the fancy city is pretty much "I am legend" (the dog made it a bit obvious). So maybe making more effor from the MC to state how dangerous the outside world is before going outside. Or make him have no freaking idea of how the outside world is.. but that somehow doesnt seem right with the MC.
- I already talked about the inconsistencies but i just remembered, that at no point at all, is explained why April knows stuff, was she told by o ther Wanderes? did she had a mentor? she has been like a year on this, and Zoe has been doing this for 10 years and seems she knows mostly nothing. But yes, i know April plays the role of the "im gonna explain plot" but maybe add some lines to her about how she learned about this from this person or this other. Because she knows about the whole upgrades, the archive, etc.. just because its convenient that she knows it.

- NPC's there is a huge lack of npc's here, and this can be mixed with the shopping stuff i mentioned, MC never bothers to ask who are buying this stuff from, he even buys a dress from.... somewhere. The game really needs a few more even generic npc's here and there.
Specially on Melanie case, in this part we are on the real world, and we only see one character from a group in the 10 days the MC stays there. Maybe you could add one or two randoms talking with Melanie on the background and mc looking from a window or something. i mean, it works in the dream worlds that the places are empty.

Anyway, like i said this is a bit of a rant and a bunch of suggestion, please take no offense from it, i liked what i played and will continue playing on the future, i just tough there were too many "holes" while i was playing.
ie. April knows we have meet lulu......why? how? it makes no sense unless she was stalking us in our dreams, like, zero sense.

also, a typo with Melanie, she said "what to have sex?"

I have a few more suggestions/opinions, but i think i have bothered you enough on a single post. o7

Reactions: BOBJevent and Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Well i did say i was finally gonna play this once it reached 0.2 and so i did.
I have a possitive but still mixed opinion so far.

So.. some of my toughs.
- The Wanderers. The concept is nice, you break from your fears and they become your... "weapon", also the fact that you become in a way, a traveler of worlds, dream worlds. That arent exactly bound to the rules.
- Characters. So far all girls are different. And while i dont think Zoe acts like a lone wolf at all, just a not much of a talker. So far the characters are going well, want to see more in the future.

- The UI... alright, im sure we know where some of those menus come from... and while its nice to have a replay and track system from the begining... you know you know. That is not my problem, so ill not comment about picking code.
- April... Does she like watermelons too? ;)
- There is a bit of an inconsistency with the whole memories thing. Like at one point May talks about how MC was at school. Why? and how? she isnt suposed to remember about it, why does she know MC used to do this or that?

And i have some issues (some big some small) with the world building, so this part is a bit of a rant, sorry.
- Rules, Fork tells us about items and how the dream worlds work, you cant bring stuff, but you can, sometimes, adquire "items". This goes out the window the moment the girls start buying clothes and going shopping. To where? buy from who? with what kind of money? did they just imagine they have money on their pockets? how did the MC suddenly buy a dress if we never seen him adquire some of the money, like April had from when she bought the map? that apparently costed a lot of "money".
I think that part requires a bit more of tough, like you should give yourself some rules and try to stick to it, or maybe you should relax your original rules, so the parts that come later dont seems totally rule breaking.
- Outside world. I think we barely knew nothing about the setting before the MC decided to get out of his bedroom. Like, yeah, world is fucked, but he lives on a fancy city with pc and light, and we were told some cults came out after the whole disaster, but... they are wandering in a wasteland and are canivals? that came out of freaking nowhere, the game outside the fancy city is pretty much "I am legend" (the dog made it a bit obvious). So maybe making more effor from the MC to state how dangerous the outside world is before going outside. Or make him have no freaking idea of how the outside world is.. but that somehow doesnt seem right with the MC.
- I already talked about the inconsistencies but i just remembered, that at no point at all, is explained why April knows stuff, was she told by o ther Wanderes? did she had a mentor? she has been like a year on this, and Zoe has been doing this for 10 years and seems she knows mostly nothing. But yes, i know April plays the role of the "im gonna explain plot" but maybe add some lines to her about how she learned about this from this person or this other. Because she knows about the whole upgrades, the archive, etc.. just because its convenient that she knows it.

- NPC's there is a huge lack of npc's here, and this can be mixed with the shopping stuff i mentioned, MC never bothers to ask who are buying this stuff from, he even buys a dress from.... somewhere. The game really needs a few more even generic npc's here and there.
Specially on Melanie case, in this part we are on the real world, and we only see one character from a group in the 10 days the MC stays there. Maybe you could add one or two randoms talking with Melanie on the background and mc looking from a window or something. i mean, it works in the dream worlds that the places are empty.

Anyway, like i said this is a bit of a rant and a bunch of suggestion, please take no offense from it, i liked what i played and will continue playing on the future, i just tough there were too many "holes" while i was playing.
ie. April knows we have meet lulu......why? how? it makes no sense unless she was stalking us in our dreams, like, zero sense.

also, a typo with Melanie, she said "what to have sex?"

I have a few more suggestions/opinions, but i think i have bothered you enough on a single post. o7
Hey Elukia,

First of all, thank you very much for playing my game!
And second, your feedback is awesome and it's far from bothering me. It's thanks to these kinds of posts that I'll get better at what I'm doing.

Here are some elements of response:
- Rules, it's true that, regarding items (for example), the inherent system isn't set in stone yet. I plan to add collectibles later in the game so I guess I'll have to make it clear for the player (and for myself) before that...
- You're not the first one to put the real world "plot hole" under light and I must agree, this part will definitely need some work.
- About inconsistencies, well... Some of these are intentional for story reason. By that, I mean I plan to dedicate some of the future events in explaining missing parts from the past. However, I can't say that all questions will be answered within the game as it will be too much time consuming for me and the story progress could be then too slow. For those, I intend to organize Q&A sessions with the players where I'll pick several questions asked and answer them in a post or maybe an ingame screen.
- NPC. True, definitely true but (and you'll think that I'm a lazy dude) NPCs pose in Kokaitsu are a pain in the ass. Of course, I could make some characters for that but I'm afraid that male NPC could break the flow of the game. I'll see what I can do for future version, probably use dedicated female NPC I made beforehand.
- "April... Does she like watermelons too?" Now that you mention it... But to be fully honest, I made her with this OC as a starting point :
April.png
So I guess, good thing or not, my mind made the rest by itself but it wasn't, in any case, something intentional.
- Finally, "April knows we have meet lulu", yes. They know each other and we could guess that Lulu doesn't seem affected by the memory loss. Besides, why she put you out of her life for years is still a mystery. It will be clearer very soon but yeah, I guess it's getting out of nowhere regarding this event only, my bad!

So, to summarize, I'll put additional effort regarding the Rules and Real World setting and I'll think of a way to make the worlds more lively.

Thank you again for your time!

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Im back after dinner with a bit more, and first, thanks for your reply.

Regarding the rules thing, i guess from your words, that you were talking about collectables then? but in the conversation it sounded (at least to me) that people cant "own and bring with them" common objects but there are some things called "items" like the map, that were able to be moved between dreams and stuff. Thats where the confusion with the whole shopping clothes thing came from.

Regarding plot hole and world. Eh, its a 0.2 so far its nice, and i know there is room for more. Just do i like i used to do with when i writed some D&D campaings, i had a list of "Things that cant be done in my setting". So i knew where the limits in the story where when i was writing new stuff. It helped... even if it was a barrier later on, because i wanted to add something cool, but it would basically make previous stuff weird or broken, because of it. So yeah, i suggest here you make a list for yourself about things that cant happen in the dream world, and things that cant happen in the real world.

Dont worry about Male NPC's most people seem to hate seeing another guy on their setting (dunno why honestly but im not gonna get into people's insecurities). But yeah.. a few generic female npc's here and there will help a lot.

So.. Lulu, for what i understand.. Lulu saw you, even if she thinks you are not a wanderer, then the next day she casually said to April that "ey, i visited your brother in a dream the other day". So i assume April lives close to the ex that abandoned you a few years ago and that seems... not a issue between them to have those kind of talk, (or they visit each other in dreams and that was totally worth mentioning to the mc) for what i assume April knows Lulu is a wanderer, but didnt tough she was apropiate to have on the team she was looking to form. (This are just my toughs on the info i was given at this moment, its probably absolutely wrong, or maybe not, time will tell).

0.2 and already looking good so far, hope you continue improving and making more cool stuff. o7

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shli

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Regarding the rules thing, i guess from your words, that you were talking about collectables then? but in the conversation it sounded (at least to me) that people cant "own and bring with them" common objects but there are some things called "items" like the map, that were able to be moved between dreams and stuff. Thats where the confusion with the whole shopping clothes thing came from.
Hum, I feel it could be confusing for the player indeed...
Well, to make things simple:
  • You can't bring items from the real world in the Dream Worlds and vice versa.
  • There is also a limitation regarding common items you "find" while wandering as they can't be kept between each dream.
  • Finally, there is an exception for "Wanderers items". Those can be looted or bought and, once you have them, you keep then (in the Dream Worlds only tho). You can see these like linked items you could find in RPG games.

Regarding plot hole and world. Eh, its a 0.2 so far its nice, and i know there is room for more. Just do i like i used to do with when i writed some D&D campaings, i had a list of "Things that cant be done in my setting". So i knew where the limits in the story where when i was writing new stuff. It helped... even if it was a barrier later on, because i wanted to add something cool, but it would basically make previous stuff weird or broken, because of it. So yeah, i suggest here you make a list for yourself about things that cant happen in the dream world, and things that cant happen in the real world.
That's actually a pretty good idea. Will make one right away! (Always listen the GM, right?)

So.. Lulu, for what i understand.. Lulu saw you, even if she thinks you are not a wanderer, then the next day she casually said to April that "ey, i visited your brother in a dream the other day". So i assume April lives close to the ex that abandoned you a few years ago and that seems... not a issue between them to have those kind of talk, (or they visit each other in dreams and that was totally worth mentioning to the mc) for what i assume April knows Lulu is a wanderer, but didnt tough she was apropiate to have on the team she was looking to form. (This are just my toughs on the info i was given at this moment, its probably absolutely wrong, or maybe not, time will tell).
You're right. What you just said make me realize that I haven't been clear enough. Putting that on the todo list for next release...

0.2 and already looking good so far, hope you continue improving and making more cool stuff. o7
<3

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Mmmm... good chapter. Here's hoping Zoe would be closer to the team when Luke's finally get to them. That lewd with Sakura, Ino and Hinata though, good stuff. Though I'm really hoping that you did the same with Genshin girls from last update. Sex scenes should be longer and emphasis on making it hot, as it seems so, based on the current state of the world... people may possibly be really horny. So making it hot adds more points on the fapping factor.

And please remind me, did Lulu appear in the last chapter? I don't remember anything about her at all, the one thing we know so far is that she and Luke are childhood sweethearts.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Mmmm... good chapter. Here's hoping Zoe would be closer to the team when Luke's finally get to them. That lewd with Sakura, Ino and Hinata though, good stuff. Though I'm really hoping that you did the same with Genshin girls from last update. Sex scenes should be longer and emphasis on making it hot, as it seems so, based on the current state of the world... people may possibly be really horny. So making it hot adds more points on the fapping factor.

And please remind me, did Lulu appear in the last chapter? I don't remember anything about her at all, the one thing we know so far is that she and Luke are childhood sweethearts.
Hey draxis! I'm glad you liked this chapter!
I'll not spoil much but let's say that we may see the Genshin girls again very soon...

About Zoe, it's part of her personality but who knows what will happen later in the story...

Lulu was introduced in this chapter and wasn't mentionned before. We don't know much about her yet except what you just mentionned. What are her abilities? Why did she abandon MC? Is she already part of a group? And so on...
Once more, story will tell us!

Reactions: hofom77573

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
About Zoe, it's part of her personality but who knows what will happen later in the story...
What I actually mean here is they live closer, as in physically closer to with the team, or they live in one house in real life. But yeah who knows.

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
question will there be pregnancy in this game and if so will it be an end game thing or will it happen while we're playing the game?
There will be but yeah it will be an endgame thing. Besides related scenes will stay optionnal.

• Red Heart

ttsheng33

Nov 22, 2019
This game have interesting story and the art is fascinating, it doesnt feel like average koikatsu art. Most important that it a vanilla game.

Will MC get a harem by the way?

• Red Heart

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
This game have interesting story and the art is fascinating, it doesnt feel like average koikatsu art. Most important that it a vanilla game.

Will MC get a harem by the way?
Thank you ttsheng!
Yes MC will get a harem but I'm still wondering if I make that mandatory or if I let the player choose which girls (from the main cast as side girls will be optional) he wants to have a relation with...

hofom77573

Apr 17, 2021
Thank you ttsheng!
Yes MC will get a harem but I'm still wondering if I make that mandatory or if I let the player choose which girls (from the main cast as side girls will be optional) he wants to have a relation with...
Choices having consequences is nice as that means they matter :D
However that's also a lot of work as far as coding, writing, designing, etc... Good luck!

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Choices having consequences is nice as that means they matter :D
However that's also a lot of work as far as coding, writing, designing, etc... Good luck!
Indeed. For exemple possibility to play NSFW or SFW is already time consuming but I like the idea of letting the player in charge of his adventure. On the other hand, as I do that on my spare time, putting effort on choices like these means less time to make the story go forward. So I'm a bit torn regarding this decision... Time will tell I guess.

• Red Heart

Rangina

Oct 15, 2019
Hi, is Android version pre-patched?
If not, do I miss content or are they just friends?
Thanks

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
Hi, is Android version pre-patched?
If not, do I miss content or are they just friends?
Thanks
Hey, It's not prepatched.
My advice is to play the game patched (so they are not just friends) but the choice is up to you.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Shli and ElukiaTV

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I fixed the animations that had issues, feel free to use it or not. (If your device is crap, you'll need this for smooth animations)

Extract and place into dreamland folder.

Shli If there is a "scene" before the next "show" you don't need to hide the animation, because scene overrides show. Otherwise, you need to hide the previous animation right after you do the next show. I'll post examples from your script:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Love

Shli

Everlasting Dreamer
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2019
I fixed the animations that had issues, feel free to use it or not. (If your device is crap, you'll need this for smooth animations)

Extract and place into dreamland folder.

Shli If there is a "scene" before the next "show" you don't need to hide the animation, because scene overrides show. Otherwise, you need to hide the previous animation right after you do the next show. I'll post examples from your script:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's awesome and very kind of you for taking the time to fix my mistakes. Thank you very much jhustrue.
I wasn't aware of this, neither that using a simple "scene" could do the trick as well...

I will fix the release with it in addition to typos by the end of the week.
Otherwise, I also appreciate your feedback, I'm glad you liked your playthrough.
About MC, I want him to be more the follower kind than the one going against the flow (at this state of the story at least). Still, I think you're right, we don't know much about this character and I'll try to let the player get more "familiar" with him in the future.

I'm amazed by the feedback I got this last few days here. All of you guys took time to write in all honesty what you think about my work and how to improve. That's awesome...
So thank you very much!

4.40 star(s) 13 Votes