TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I never share certain things, but this time I will: My best friend took a trip to Tokyo with her husband, and they had a serious enough accident requiring serious surgery/inability to travel for quite a while, and I immediately flew there and took their daughter around to calm her down and have her enjoy something there, and then took her home as they still can't travel. So I'm playing Mommy right now with a little help from others. (been going on a while now)

Even from this limited experience, I have developed an empathy and softness I never knew I had. (I've always been a strict take no prisoners stomp anyone in my way personality with extremely high standards/expectations for both myself and anyone else around me) I can't even imagine...when I saw that picture, I will unashamedly say that I wept. Never ever happened to me before in another game. That's all...nice job.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Chapter 3... Inside the house after Melissa reveals her hubby cheated
MC: "Melissa, I made you some tea"
Next screen showing a Capucino on the table in front of her (Image clearly showing the figure in the foamed milk)

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Hello all,

I would like to gage some feedback about Dreams of Reality, below is a short form with a couple of questions that should take no longer than 5 minutes to complete.

There is a field to enter an email address, a response will be selected at random once the feedback from closes on Friday 21st Jan 2022.

The prize is a rendered image of their choice featuring any of the girls from the game.

No purchase of any kind is necessary, and once I've selected a winner the form will be deleted including any emails collected.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
won't participate.

this update wasn't exactly long (played both paths in hr) but advanced plot bit.

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The end of chapter 3 is moving. Sorry for your loss.

I'm glad you enjoyed the update. It's a sad one for sure. Chapter 4 will be a little more light hearted, I think we need that.

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
Solid game so far. Kimiko's eye colour is off putting. See the spoiler below for why, and the issues created with the games explanation.
Once the issues described in the spoiler section are taken into consideration. It seems weird that in such a grounded game, there's a character with bright red eyes. They dehumanize her by making her look like a fictionalized anime character. Since humans can't have red eyes, it makes Kimiko feel like a cartoon character in a world inhabited by humans. She's obviously meant to be a sympathetic character, but the inhuman eye colour seems counter productive to achieving this goal.

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Solid game so far. Kimiko's eye colour is off putting. See the spoiler below for why, and the issues created with the games explanation.
Once the issues described in the spoiler section are taken into consideration. It seems weird that in such a grounded game, there's a character with bright red eyes. They dehumanize her by making her look like a fictionalized anime character. Since humans can't have red eyes, it makes Kimiko feel like a cartoon character in a world inhabited by humans. She's obviously meant to be a sympathetic character, but the inhuman eye colour seems counter productive to achieving this goal.
Thanks for the feedback.

So here we are, It's not something that can be easily changed - changing 2000 rendered images of eye colour is not something that will happen. I know a few find the eyes off-putting, and that's fine. I know a lot of players who like the 'otherness' they bring to the character (which was my original intent). I do have story plans to account for the eye colour, despite being a nurse, Danny can make mistakes. I also have a strong growth arc planned for Kimiko, and perhaps part of that can be her regaining her original, natural self.

Thanks for playing, I hope you enjoyed the update, even with the eyes :)

Reactions: Moisan4

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for playing, I hope you enjoyed the update, even with the eyes :)
No worries. I really like the game so far, with the only exception being Kimiko's eyes. Obviously, if Patreon supporters voted on her look, there's more people in favour of her appearance than against it. I look forward to the next update.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
There is a field to enter an email address, a response will be selected at random once the feedback from closes on Friday 21st Jan 2022.

The prize is a rendered image of their choice featuring any of the girls from the game.
Filled out your form, added a comment explaining the given answer to the yes/no question dealing with voice acting.
I also would like to request that if by chance, you end up pulling my response to just select another. I don't care much for personal renders myself, so the effort would be wasted on me.

Reactions: Cenc

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
I'm looking forward to the main character (MC) returning to work for Ms. Thompson!:love:

When there was a scene with Ms. Thompson (Visit to the boss), it was written "boss_1 replay scene unlocked". But this scene never appeared in the replay.
It would be great if this scene appeared in the replay.
Hopefully in the future there will be more such visits by the MC to Ms. Thompson!

It would be great if a page with a photo of Ms.Thompson appeared in the "Gallery" section and her page with data in "Characters" appeared!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Filled out your form, added a comment explaining the given answer to the yes/no question dealing with voice acting.
I also would like to request that if by chance, you end up pulling my response to just select another. I don't care much for personal renders myself, so the effort would be wasted on me.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree with a lot of what you have said. Adding voice acting to a game is not an easy, nor a cheap option - To cover the entire script for chapters 1, 2 and 3 would probably cost me close to £2500 and supporters, I love you, but I'm not making anywhere near enough to cover that kinda of outlay.

Coupled with that, Dreams of Reality is already in production, to add VA now would cause me a lot of hassel coding it in and then finding the right actors.

VA is not something planned for Dreams of Reality, however I do like the idea of some elements being voiced (like the telephone call) to add a little more weight to it. Of course, as you say, this can be jarring with the idea players have of the characters voice.

My own reference (and for those interested) Louise speaks with a soft 'southern' accent (in the UK that is), Danielle speaks with a proper 'posh' voice (but you know... mucky posh ^^ ), Cindy would have what I class as a 'Texas drawl' though I frequently have to remind myself to add that style in to the speech.

As for Sebastian, he speaks like a whiney little bitch.

But that's just me :p

Hope you enjoyed the game.

I'm looking forward to the main character (MC) returning to work for Ms. Thompson!:love:

When there was a scene with Ms. Thompson (Visit to the boss), it was written "boss_1 replay scene unloced". But this scene never appeared in the replay.
It would be great if this scene appeared in the replay.
Hopefully in the future there will be more such visits by the MC to Ms. Thompson!

It would be great if a page with a photo of Ms.Thompson appeared in the "Gallery" section and her page with data in "Characters" appeared!
She may not feature so prominently in the immediate next update (its a LI focused update) but I can promise we will be seeing more of her in ch4. I might add an 'extras' page to the gallery so I can put some of her and a few of the other recurring characters in. No promises, but I'll add it to the list of things to do.

I'll also look into why that reply doesn't show in the list.

Glad you enjoyed the game :)

Reactions: J1215
Sep 3, 2020
The choice of who the MC goes to help is very important. it's one of those "save now" moments.

I don't know if you know this i also gave my feedback

it wasn't easy because of my reading disability but I try to answer honestly as possible

but I was going to ask for a render where I fuck a pregnant Louise brains out also known as fucking her out of her mind

but I change my mind

I rather you save that for the game itself
;)

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 27 Votes