VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I thought the game was abandoned but NO it's still on going, I'm happy for historians here..This will give us a good idea about ancient Babylon and how long it took them to build the mythical tower, but that was just child's play compared to the impossible task we have before us.

Matt Ricid

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, the fact that the developper is taking that long is kind of damagable for the game. It actuallly kill the thrill. The monthly updates for pretty much every game is totaly understandable and it's not reducing our interest. But in this particular case, it's just frustrating.

Cal

Oct 18, 2016
Anyone who knows the machinations of this developer realize that the next update will probably come, at the earliest, late Thursday evening; at the latest, this weekend. Kyle will want to wait for the new monthly Patreon pledges to go through (beginning March 1st). That is his schtick- He'll claim that the game is just about ready to be uploaded, only to "discover" some bug that he hadn't previously discerned. This will be followed by inevitable delays (and radio-silence) until the monthly pledges are finalized. Then, lo and behold, all of the bugs in the game will be miraculously ironed out, and the update uploaded for patrons.

BumSoo

Jun 20, 2017
Anyone who knows the machinations of this developer realize that the next update will probably come, at the earliest, late Thursday evening; at the latest, this weekend. Kyle will want to wait for the new monthly Patreon pledges to go through (beginning March 1st). That is his schtick- He'll claim that the game is just about ready to be uploaded, only to "discover" some bug that he hadn't previously discerned. This will be followed by inevitable delays (and radio-silence) until the monthly pledges are finalized. Then, lo and behold, all of the bugs in the game will be miraculously ironed out, and the update uploaded for patrons.
There was a reason gumdrop delayed that way ...

Cal admire your foresight

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
While I hope that -for once- gumdrop updates this evening and surprises us all with it, I am 99% sure that it will come as Cal says.
I wrote it before (as some other forum users did as well), that gumdrop´s inability to keep a promised schedule and the laughable excuses given (some things happen once, maybe twice, but not as often as gumdrop tries to make us believe) damages his effort.
I am looking forward to the new part, but it simply grates that the developer tries to string out the updates as much as he does.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Have to admit I'm no entirely sure what to expect from this update. Just a few guesses here as I'm going by Kyle's hints in the previews so could be wrong.

Sounds like the sons route will be about his quest to get more than just his groove on at the dance, with his Aunt or cousin (hard to tell from the previews) showing their face at some point... and possibly more than that ;)

In the Father route it's looking more and more like the Mother will drop the bomb and finally tell him to move out. Hence the line "many places are travelled in light of severely troubling news..." in the preview. Obviously what this means for the daughter is yet to be seen. I'm sure she has previously mentioned moving with him so we could get some talk about that. I'm hoping the line "True feelings are disclosed, the ones you weren't sure were mutual." is meaning the Father and Daughter but considering it's included in the same bullet point as the sex scene it's hard to say. Could be a red herring.

I know we've been promised sex scenes but if it doesn't involve the main pairs I'm not that interested myself. Not interested in the Aunt/Sister-in-law in either path. While the Cousin/Niece is hot I would really only go there in the Son path as I don't plan on missing anything with the Daughter. Obviously it's still just a prep update before the main event, Act X and the dance. The update schedule needs to be addressed though as if this 2 monthly update becomes a recurring thing I think he'll lose whatever good will he had left.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
I reckon Chapter 9 is finished a long time ago. The delay comes from working on putting up an independent website instead of relying on patreon and extending platforms (mobile comparability); it's safe to assume he's also polishing the unnecessary non-nude puzzle games and his ludicrous custom edition.

Reactions: stal1234

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
So are there any scenes with Isaac in this game where he bones your sister? What's the rape tag for?

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
With Gumdrop 1% progress takes more than a week recently. we can guess how long could take a whole update. I bet the update is ready since a long time but ...he needs to milk his patrons a bit more :WutFace:

Aug 8, 2017
Is there an independent website to watch for the update? or is the only information of a new release on Patreon (or here)?
Thanks.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
So are there any scenes with Isaac in this game where he bones your sister? What's the rape tag for?
No no, the daughter is safe as houses... I've been personally promised on this. ;)

The rape tag is there because as the son, you can rape the aunt.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Question for guys who followed this dev from the beginning: Did he create much more content in the beginning? Did he get slower in each update with the increase of money? Or content amount for each update is still similar?

Reactions: fz

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
Question for guys who followed this dev from the beginning: Did he create much more content in the beginning? Did he get slower in each update with the increase of money? Or content amount for each update is still similar?
At first it sounded kinda promising, but it soon developed in a blueballing fest since all we got close to action was either peeping or "dream sequences", recently (and by recently i mean in the last year) he has slowed down and added only "reworks" or useless minigames.

Reactions: depechedNode
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes