VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Cal

Oct 18, 2016
I wonder why it takes so long for him to develop these updates. Except for the rather fine renders there isn't much to do as DF is really linear. Not that I mind cuz I prefer quality over speed but that's weird. I guess I will skip this update and wait 2-3 more so I might see characters killing themselves and each other without needless break.

I imagine Kyle, the tormented but brilliant adult visual novel virtuoso, pacing back-and-forth, to and fro, in his exquisitely-appointed loft apartment, trying his utmost to conceive of a way by which he can, convincingly, bring his beloved "Dual Family" characters together into the all-encompassing taboo of taboos- the love that dare not speak its name....INCEST. Kyle, chainsmoking Sobranie Black Russian cigarettes, downing tumblers of screwdrivers, staggers around his apartment in a Truman Capote-like state: frazzled and angst-ridden. Someday, my friends, our deft Gumdrop may return and bless us with his newest offering of this most cherished of jerkoff games....just don't hold your breath.

Aug 8, 2017
Check the patreon there is like 97 on the page top thats the progress in %
Thanks! Have been watching that number s-l-o-w-l-y rise while (im)patiently waiting. Along with the 'crackdown' with Patreon, just wanted to be sure I know where to continue looking for when the update gets here. Thanks again.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I imagine Kyle, the tormented but brilliant adult visual novel virtuoso, pacing back-and-forth, to and fro, in his exquisitely-appointed loft apartment, trying his utmost to conceive of a way by which he can, convincingly, bring his beloved "Dual Family" characters together into the all-encompassing taboo of taboos- the love that dare not speak its name....INCEST. Kyle, chainsmoking Sobranie Black Russian cigarettes, downing tumblers of screwdrivers, staggers around his apartment in a Truman Capote-like state: frazzled and angst-ridden. Someday, my friends, our deft Gumdrop may return and bless us with his newest offering of this most cherished of jerkoff games....just don't hold your breath.
That's actually hilarious but DF is the only incest game I know that tries to be so dramatic and realistic I can't find a way to introduce incest without some dramatic scenes like murder, suicide or rape (we already have). For me that's not an adult erotic game but a social experiment. I can't wait to see what kind of mentality will be left in these characters at the end (if it will ever come). Girl taking her father as a partner to a prom sounds depressing enough for a start I guess and that might be a case.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I'm not a fan of american middle finger.
I am not British, but how about the "longbowman salute"? Not really the middle finge, but the meaning.

As for the - once again - delay: Here we would say "Ein Schelm der Böses dabei denkt"(Shamed be he who thinks evil of it), that the delay is miracliously just long enough to get the patreons renewed this month...
I am over ninety percent sure that the update is already done and strung out with a ludicrous excuse to catch in most of the monthly pledges.
Once or twice a delay with practically the same excuse okay, but gumdrop must have already realised that when it comes to writing, he is a Nacktschnecke on tranquilizer. So he should plan with it, stand by it and start early to bring out an update on time for once.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
You're joshing me, right? You're not actually this stupid?
Vapid challenge. We who live in the eastern part of the world frowns upon provocative, physical vulgar. Raising the ring finger is mock insult to the western middle finger. As quoted above, I never stated, claimed nor call the ring finger as middle finger.

It feels like Gumdrop is basically giving patrons the finger: 3 months worth of milk money.
Wrong finger. Also very hard to have 4th finger in that position, I need to hold the finger with my other hand to mime the render.
I'm not a fan of american middle finger.
Well, in America we use our middle finger as the middle finger, we don't just use random fingers and call it the middle finger.

I blame the american education for another round of doltish drama. America, land where every minute detail is a trivial issue.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, the gesture has been around since Ancient Greece and was used in Ancient Rome too. But no, let's disregard historical facts and blame it on American education. Sounds logical.

You're quite entertaining. I appreciate your stubbornness to go down with the ship because you rendered a finger that doesn't mean anything and you don't want to be wrong. It's okay though, I'll remember to blame American education too for any of my future woes.
Diving deep in historical facts while missing the point of action.
Vapid challenge. We who live in the eastern part of the world frowns upon provocative, physical vulgar. Raising the ring finger is mock insult to the western middle finger. As quoted above, I never stated, claimed nor call the ring finger as middle finger.
I assume you're american to which I state again, every minute detail is a trivial issue that needs to be dealt with? Oh, he raised the fourth finger instead of the middle finger, he must be stupid. Let's mock him! I don't care what easterners think. It's an ancient western tradition that everyone should know about. Let me prance my quick google skills to prove I'm not an idiot!

T

TMWSTW

I assume you're american to which I state again, every minute detail is a trivial issue that needs to be dealt with? Oh, he raised the fourth finger instead of the middle finger, he must be stupid. Let's mock him! I don't care what easterners think. It's an ancient western tradition that everyone should know about. Let me prance my quick google skills to prove I'm not an idiot!
You insult me and my country all because I poked fun at you? But yeah, yeah, you're such a victim. Cry me a river.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017

Can we change the subject to discussing which lesbian pairings we would like to see in the upcoming edition! ;-)

Reactions: January2015

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
We weren't mocking you. We stated you used the wrong finger. Then you vehemently denied it, despite being presented factual evidence straight from an encyclopedia, and tried to blame it on American education. I wasn't even going to reply to any of this until you tried to pin it on Americans. Then I had to reply just to show you that the term "the finger" is pretty well known for referring to the middle one and that it's not just prevalent in America. I don't ever recall us mocking you or your "eastern education".

Anyways, whatever man, use your pinky, index, or big toe for all I care. People won't really know what you're trying to say when you use those toward them, but at least you're happy. I'm done now, I've said my piece.
I present you the moving finger.

Tell me, did he use the middle finger to present "the finger"? Rain check. There's no denial just misinterpretations that requires spoon-feeding to correct.

T

TMWSTW

Tell me, did he use the middle finger to present "the finger"? Rain check. There's no denial just misinterpretations that requires spoon-feeding to correct.
I can't believe you just made me watch a clip of the fucking Big Bang Theory just to see that you're misinterpreting a bad joke.
I'm literally shaking my head right now and I don't want to debate your idiocy.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017

Ok, please tell me that you realized that you were being a moron, and this is your way of poking fun at it. You have to be trolling at this point. There's no way that this clip is your big ace in the hole to prove your point. PLEASE.

BumSoo

Jun 20, 2017
Kyle cuts off his faithfulness.

Apparently, they are trying to steal users.

The next update is basically three months? A fool;

ps : I hate to blame him, but I was a patron like Cal and Fredo.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes