VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

SirLoins

Aug 20, 2017
Question for guys who followed this dev from the beginning: Did he create much more content in the beginning? Did he get slower in each update with the increase of money? Or content amount for each update is still similar?
I wasn't there from the very beginning, but I was there fairly early. So far the amount of content each update has been more or less the same. He use to have release dates which he did miss any where from a day to almost a week. This is the first update he didn't have a release date. His logic is if there is no release date he won't miss it, as far as I can tell.

At least when he did have a release date, he released fairly consistently once a month. I personally think it was just an excuse to take his sweet ass time. We are creep up on two months now. I don't throw this accusation around at all. As a matter of fact this will be the first time. I think he has become a clear case of milking.

Reactions: depechedNode

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
I just started playing this for the first time a couple of days ago. When I loaded my game today to continue playing, all my secrets and gallery pictures that I had unlocked are relocked. Is there a way to fix this? Does anyone else have this problem?

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
c'est un jeux pourrie normal qu'il soit arrêté avis personnel
y'a aucune scene de cul mais parcontre tu te fais chier a lire des pages et des pages de texte pour une histoire tous aussi pourrie

ces vraiment du gachis car les personnages sont tres interesant
je le remercie encore pour tous sont travail mais l'erreur est humaine
translate google :
it's a normal rotten game that it's stopped personal opinion
There's no ass scene, but you're pissed off at reading pages and pages of text for an equally rotten story

these really mess because the characters are very interesting
I thank him again for all are work but the mistake is human

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
when is the update coming??? really wanna fuck his mom.
If we are lucky I would say this weekend but I wouldn't quote me on that. Still stuck at 97% progress on Patreon but the dev could suddenly surprised us. I can imagine it's mainly quality control stuff that he is doing now like bug testing.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
c'est un jeux pourrie normal qu'il soit arrêté avis personnel
y'a aucune scene de cul mais parcontre tu te fais chier a lire des pages et des pages de texte pour une histoire tous aussi pourrie

ces vraiment du gachis car les personnages sont tres interesant
je le remercie encore pour tous sont travail mais l'erreur est humaine
translate google :
it's a normal rotten game that it's stopped personal opinion
There's no ass scene, but you're pissed off at reading pages and pages of text for an equally rotten story

these really mess because the characters are very interesting
I thank him again for all are work but the mistake is human
Tu dois vraiment apprendre l'anglais l'ami ;) Google Translate, c'est de la merde. Anyway, I can understand what you're saying. ;)

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Haters gonna love ; Gumdrop need more time :)
1 week more, maybe two....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow really? Sounding like we'll be lucky it we get the update next weekend, which will make it 10+ weeks since v0.9. I guess as long as the update is mindbogglingly good no one will care. I still feel he should switch to a "per major update" payment model on Patreon as I get the feeling this will become a semi regular thing with updates in the future. Nothing wrong with making people waiting for a good quality update but don't rip off your patrons while doing so. Thank you for keeping the thread updated though Torak.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I wonder why it takes so long for him to develop these updates. Except for the rather fine renders there isn't much to do as DF is really linear. Not that I mind cuz I prefer quality over speed but that's weird. I guess I will skip this update and wait 2-3 more so I might see characters killing themselves and each other without needless break.

Torak01

May 7, 2017
prochaine mise à jour 2019
"We are an English only community. Please provide a translation with your post if its not in English"

Fais pas ton gamin, tu connais les règles ;)
Don't be a dick, u know the rules
-

Anyway, I wonder why he doesn't hire a coworker, it's not like he couldn't afford...

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
The way I see it, either he is confident his patrons are compliant and passive enough to risk getting out updates each two months, and I sincerely doubt this one is as "massive" as he claims it to be, or he is facing a major risk here. If the update ends up being as disappointing as the last ones have been, it cannot be the case that this does not mean an impact on his numbers. Unless, of course, the patrons are indeed totally blind to this guy's shenanigans, which would be hard to believe. I mean, a game like Summertime Saga can afford a two-month periodicity, since it has already been proven that they can deliver both quality and quantity. But this guy? He should be working his ass off to prove he can get the story somewhere and that he can be at least minimally relied upon as a developer.

Well, it doesn't look like he is doing much to improve his reputation. I mean, he is, only not the kind of reputation I would like to have, honestly.

Reactions: fz

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
"We are an English only community. Please provide a translation with your post if its not in English"

Fais pas ton gamin, tu connais les règles ;)
Don't be a dick, u know the rules
-

Anyway, I wonder why he doesn't hire a coworker, it's not like he couldn't afford...
Yeah, in january (i think) he was saying (on discord) that he will look for someone to help him, be since then we have no news.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes