VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Kyle cuts off his faithfulness.
Apparently, they are trying to steal users.
The next update is basically three months? A fool;
ps : I hate to blame him, but I was a patron like Cal and Fredo.
English is not my mothertongue, so I have problems understanding what you try to say. Did gumdrop post a new message that it would take even longer than the 4-5 additional days we read about in his last post?
If so then he really is a fool. His consistant breaking deadlines already wore the patience of patrons and pirats rather thin.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
English is not my mothertongue, so I have problems understanding what you try to say. Did gumdrop post a new message that it would take even longer than the 4-5 additional days we read about in his last post?
If so then he really is a fool. His consistant breaking deadlines already wore the patience of patrons and pirats rather thin.
As far as we know at the minute he is still rendering the final scene for this update then he will post an update telling us he is moving on to the "writing/coding phase". That will take about 5 days then it'll be bug tested which shouldn't take more than a day. I would say optimistically we will see the update next Friday or Saturday provided everything goes smoothly. Let's hope it does :)

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
As far as we know at the minute he is still rendering the final scene for this update then he will post an update telling us he is moving on to the "writing/coding phase". That will take about 5 days then it'll be bug tested which shouldn't take more than a day. I would say optimistically we will see the update next Friday or Saturday provided everything goes smoothly. Let's hope it does :)
and that's just 3% away!

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Yeah I would agree that the progress bar was not one of the most well thought out things the dev has done, considering he has ended up having to make multiple posts since just to explain it's status. He has pretty much admitted it was something he just quickly threw together one afternoon and he was rather over zealous when updating it at first. I would like to think this will be a learning experience if nothing else. This update needs to be amazing to blow away the general apathy for this game that has built on this forum.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Yeah I would agree that the progress bar was not one of the most well thought out things the dev has done, considering he has ended up having to make multiple posts since just to explain it's status.
I disagree, it was quite well-thought out to keep the patreons in line. I am quite sure that the update is already finished, he simply needs some days to cash in the patreons for another month.
That might sound cynical, but for months patrons and pirates alike hear the same sermon over and over, how unexpectedly something popped up. that might happen once or twice but not this often. It cannot have escaped gumdrop that anywhere his game pops up, it is mentioned that he works as fast as a tranquilized Faultier. So, he should know to start earlier to make the next update. But personally, I do not believe his being in over the head story any longer.
I am an author myself and while I do not take money, I am able to keep up a schedule of updating once or twice a month despite health concerns and a full real life calendar.
(OK, writing is not quite as time-consuming as rendering a ton of pictures, but it is not as if gumdrop has no measure how long it takes. As said, at first, underestimating rendertime is possible, but months into work he simply must konw how long an update approximately will take)

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Does anyone know why the secrets and gallery pictures get re-locked when I reopen the game?
Sorry, never had the problem on this scale. Where is your save located, that may be it?
I stumbled over things like single secrets or pics relocked, for instance, no matter how often I solve the Hot Tub and "idiot guy" puzzles, they relock and have to be solved again. But the rest stays open.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry, never had the problem on this scale. Where is your save located, that may be it?
I stumbled over things like single secrets or pics relocked, for instance, no matter how often I solve the Hot Tub and "idiot guy" puzzles, they relock and have to be solved again. But the rest stays open.
I don't know where they are kept. I started the game a few days ago, got to the middle of act 3 before going to bed. When I started up the game again, all the secrets and gallery images that I found were gone, not just scrambled but completely locked, like I hadn't found them yet.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Well, that is something I never had. As for the saves folder: Go into your "Dual Family" folder, there is a "game" subfolder where a saves folder should be in.
As for the puzzle pictures: Normally when you solved one and press the red x to return to menue, you are given the option to relock or retry the picture later on.
But I never encoutered a complete relock like you did. sorry that I cannot help more.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes