VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes
May 31, 2017
While it does suck that the son doesn't have as many options available to him as the father, i think this is a realistic representation of a possible family.

The son is not close to the dad or mom. Sis is the closest, but she isn't very close either. obviously there has to be a certain back story for why this is, but let's just assume at this point that the son is simply not interested in being at home where dad and mom are fighting. So he goes out partying and whatnot so that he doesn't have to be at home when they are fighting. He also hopes to get attention from a family that doesn't really show him any. The dad and mom are too wrapped up in their failures as wife and husband to talk to son. the dad seeks a relationship and finds it with the daughter. The mom might seek a relationship with the son, but because he's reclusive due to the interaction between the parents, she doesn't have an easy avenue for spending time with her son. The son's options for dialogue are limited due to this, which means he needs to build a relationship with mom and/or sis before he can pursue them.

On the other hand, dad, who has a failing relationship with a woman who cannot "fight" in a healthy manner but yells, is going to spend more and more time with daughter. The game begins at the point where dad is already very close to her and it's pretty normal for them to spend time together without mom. It makes perfect sense then, why their relationship would progress much faster than the son could hope to acheive.

The cousin/niece has a lack of a father figure and seeks attention from her uncle. She seems to use her body to get what she wants from anyone around her, so treating dad the same makes sense. Her sexual nature and lack of inhibitions also makes her interactions with the son more beleivable: while he isn't a father or father figure, he is a man, and she will use him to try to fill that hole in her life.

The sister is getting closer to dad which would push her away from mom, who she subconciously blames for the sepperation. When the son blames dad for what's going on, she jumps to defend him obviously, which pushes her away from her brother.

It's actually really interesting to have a visual novel that has such realistic characters. Even if, visually, you don't appreciate them (personally i think it's great, except mom's sheer night-gown), i think you can respect the fact that this author has done a great job so far in making a beleivable story.

As far as the mentioned night gown goes, it simply looks odd to me, like it wasn't made very well. Definetly not sexy. And i usually really like sheer lingerie/night-gowns.

Her underwear is pretty plain too, but that's typical for a mom who isn't interested in sex with dad.... why make the effort?

Shaddy

Jul 19, 2017
While it does suck that the son doesn't have as many options available to him as the father, i think this is a realistic representation of a possible family.

The son is not close to the dad or mom. Sis is the closest, but she isn't very close either. obviously there has to be a certain back story for why this is, but let's just assume at this point that the son is simply not interested in being at home where dad and mom are fighting. So he goes out partying and whatnot so that he doesn't have to be at home when they are fighting. He also hopes to get attention from a family that doesn't really show him any. The dad and mom are too wrapped up in their failures as wife and husband to talk to son. the dad seeks a relationship and finds it with the daughter. The mom might seek a relationship with the son, but because he's reclusive due to the interaction between the parents, she doesn't have an easy avenue for spending time with her son. The son's options for dialogue are limited due to this, which means he needs to build a relationship with mom and/or sis before he can pursue them.

On the other hand, dad, who has a failing relationship with a woman who cannot "fight" in a healthy manner but yells, is going to spend more and more time with daughter. The game begins at the point where dad is already very close to her and it's pretty normal for them to spend time together without mom. It makes perfect sense then, why their relationship would progress much faster than the son could hope to acheive.

The cousin/niece has a lack of a father figure and seeks attention from her uncle. She seems to use her body to get what she wants from anyone around her, so treating dad the same makes sense. Her sexual nature and lack of inhibitions also makes her interactions with the son more beleivable: while he isn't a father or father figure, he is a man, and she will use him to try to fill that hole in her life.

The sister is getting closer to dad which would push her away from mom, who she subconciously blames for the sepperation. When the son blames dad for what's going on, she jumps to defend him obviously, which pushes her away from her brother.

It's actually really interesting to have a visual novel that has such realistic characters. Even if, visually, you don't appreciate them (personally i think it's great, except mom's sheer night-gown), i think you can respect the fact that this author has done a great job so far in making a beleivable story.

As far as the mentioned night gown goes, it simply looks odd to me, like it wasn't made very well. Definetly not sexy. And i usually really like sheer lingerie/night-gowns.

Her underwear is pretty plain too, but that's typical for a mom who isn't interested in sex with dad.... why make the effort?
ok that got me intriegued into this game, maybe after i finished the other onese i have i see what i can do in this game

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017

Of course, i agree with all your points, and very like realistic characters and story too. It's actually the story most of us can easily relate too. Like i said before, there is nothing bad or wrong there. It was just my thoughts and opinions. And i personally love all girls visually. Some clothes a bit weird, yeah. But i'm somehow mostly concerned about daughter's sweater, than mother's night-gown. Even though i agree, it doesn't look as sexy as i want to. Choice of underwear is completely understandable, we don't even know last time mom sexed daddy anyway, or just any kind of such activities. I doubt it's any kind of regular.

I very like Karen's looks, and feel that her interactions with them is pretty different too. She's playing and teasing both, but going a lot further and bolder with father. Even though she stays as pretty much dominant, i see that she wants father to take initiative. "System" is acting again, as with sister, while son needs to build something with her, and "save" her, dad is recieve attention for free. Understandable, if she already have pretty splendid relationship with uncle. Her situation in some points close to sister's. Both want father figure and some older attention. We will see some hot stuff with her and son in Remaster, so that's good.

Last edited:

Nemi

May 13, 2017
ok that got me intriegued into this game, maybe after i finished the other onese i have i see what i can do in this game
Remaster is out soon with a bunch of quality of live improvements and more fleshing out of the story. Definitely worth a try if the concept intrigues you.

@letsdothisthing you articulated my own thoughts on the story very well. I agree with your post entirely.

Reactions: letsdothisthing

Shaddy

Jul 19, 2017
Remaster is out soon with a bunch of quality of live improvements and more fleshing out of the story. Definitely worth a try if the concept intrigues you.

@letsdothisthing you articulated my own thoughts on the story very well. I agree with your post entirely.
Is there a date for the remaster?

Absintheur

Jul 17, 2017
Reading back on this thread, the amount of negativity versus the positivity at the end does kinda show that the game got its "true" fanbase now. I do have to admit that I am part of that. This is one of the few games where the story/dialogue is actually believable. Even if the writing isn't exactly the best I've seen so far (in general that is). The pacing is good, and while I am sad that I won't see any hardcore scenes in a very long time, I am very glad that the odds are very good that this game will be excellent at the end. Personally, I have little interest in the F/D storyline as I find MILFs way better, so in that sense half of the work done on the game is kind of wasted on me. But I'm just happy enough to see some "erotic game" writing that I can actually stomach.

Absintheur

Jul 17, 2017
Me too, i love milfs with all my heart, but it's never prevented me from enjoying all other types of women (daughter's "cute" type, cousin's "drunk succubus" type etc.). Like a little bit better, a little bit less... in the end, it's not such crucial thing. I guess i'm not a true hardcore fan then.
Well, it's not that I don't enjoy other types of women (although to be honest, the older I get the less interested I am in younger ones beyond casual eye candy, which I suppose is natural) it's just that I prefer "younger male/older woman" setup way more and since the two are in the same game I can't get over the fact that it's the other half of the storyline that I care about. I might enjoy the F/D story better if it was alone and not "tainted" by the association with the much more (to me) interesting M/S story.

Cal

Oct 18, 2016
From creator:
Push to Monday + Previews Galore!
$1+ patrons
Jul 25 at 6:33pm
Yeah, I know. What a champion, right? As implied in the title, there's some good and bad I'm bringing to you today. The bad is that I need another 72 hours on top to produce one of the new sequences that I completely left out. The good is that I'll be showing off a ton of previews today as well as posting new stuff every day until release. Please understand that I am incapable of timely estimates and honestly deserve to be clubbed to death having done this for the nth time. :)
But Monday is ultimate. For certain this time. It may have been pushed to the absolute brink of ridiculousness, but I'm going to release its complete fleshed form in July if it kills me.

Anyway, I want to show off a handful of the remastered scenes that are coming. Some were just lighting polishes, some were completely redesigned. I'm omitting most of the new profiles so not everything is spoiled. However:

If you don't want to spoil ANY of it for yourself, I encourage you to to wait until the remaster is out!

Otherwise, enjoy!

May 31, 2017
How are those previews? Isn't every one of those pictures in the game already?
hmmmm, let's look, shall we?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

nope, I'm just not seeing the difference ....

Edit: this is sarcasm. there is a huge difference between the pics as stated below.

the new files are .png and average 5x the size of the originals. The clarity of every picture is improved, as is the lighting and skin tone.

The differences may be subtle to those who dont care for quality, but some do. he spent time not just improving the render quality, but also improving the characters' skin tone, the scene's lighting, and the angle of the camera shot. this all adds up to a LOT of time. I think it was worth it. Maybe you don't. I don't really care how you feel, maybe buy a tissue? :)

Last edited:

zecon

Jun 2, 2017
I like this game very much .. gorgeous chracters (mother & daughter, specially) .. i would like animations as well (is not complicated) , i don't care if the game is "remastered" .. i would care more content and not 5 or 10 minutes to play .. anyway, Gumdrop Games did a great job!

berny

Jun 8, 2017
After playing the game I have to say that I'm actually impressed. This is the first adult themed game with characters I can actually relate to. There are other games with story focus I like playing, like GGGB, but what makes "Dual Family" unique is, that I can actually picture this family in real life. It also helps that almost all uf us have some kind of experience with divorce and the aftermath, be it in our own families or our friends', so feeling connected to the characters is a lot easier.
@letsdothisthing pretty much hit the nail on the head with his/her comment on page 24, so I'm gonna refrain from further explanations.

However, after all this praise, I also do have some concerns regarding the cousin and aunt. I can totally see the cousin going after the son. They are the same age and sort of friends (it's hard to say how close they actually are, the cousin is giving mixed signals), and it suits her character that she is toying with the sexual less experienced son. But the father, I don't know. Maybe she is interested in him (father figure or just sexually), but such an aggressive approach is just not believable. Incest is a huge taboo, the risk of being caught or rejected is just way too big to just go for it during a family dinner.
The aunt on the other hand could be a great temptation for the father. Maybe she had fellings for him all along but didn't act on them because of her sister, maybe she did act but was rejected and is seeing another chance, or maybe they even had a brief affair but the father decided to give the marriage another chance, there are many interesting possibilities.
So if I had any say in it, I would "give" the cousin to the son and the aunt to the father, because by going too overboard with the possible sexual encounters, the game runs the risk of loosing its biggest strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: flanby
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes