VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
I will continue supporting Gumdrop and criticize him when I think something's off.
And you are trying to deny me of that right and persuade me to drop my monthly support.

I'm not solving problems that way... by going away and quitting.
I'm staying and giving my feedback .
Hell no.
Criticize all you want. It makes all the games better in the end.

I criticize all the time.

Just don't feel entitled because you support him. :D

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I dunno, women certainly do get hit harder by age but there are some breathtaking older women out there.
Definitely, and it's not only someone like mom out here. There is even older women than her, that still take care of themselves and can look very pretty, with special "mature" charm.

Reactions: fredoo04
May 31, 2017
back to the suggestion of a secretary:

If he had a simple "Press Secretary" that covered all questions, posted updates, and whatnot, it would allow him to continue his work flow uninterupted. I can't tell you how fruatrating it is to be constantly interrupted while coding or doing something that requires mental faculty.

Reactions: Dilettante

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Hah, exactly, even i can't understand some things that people can support on patreon. There is a ton of bullshit "recipe" stuff. But i suppose that thinking "he working for me now" is kinda natural, given how pleasant it sounds, and what stuff authors usually write on their pages. It's natural to demand something, because "it's my money, work for it!" And then, when they realize that "no one entitled to anything", and "author isn't your slave", it's very hard to believe.
Yeah I can't help but laugh at some of the posts in these topics just from being a dumb lurker from people who get so mad that their patreon hasn't produced a completed game after a month or two.

Like it is kind of obvious that a ton of the people whining about MILKING and shit here whether they donate or not really have no concept of how long game development actually takes, and don't seem to realize that these games that are in .50 or whatever version are a good year away from being completed, and lets not even get started on on the ones that are in 0.00- version are gonna take to be in a state where they are full of content.

(Which is why the monthly payment style of patreon kind of sucks when it comes to games compared to a steam early access type concept but that is an argument for a different time.)

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
back to the suggestion of a secretary:

If he had a simple "Press Secretary" that covered all questions, posted updates, and whatnot, it would allow him to continue his work flow uninterupted. I can't tell you how fruatrating it is to be constantly interrupted while coding or doing something that requires mental faculty.
Exactly, he needs someone else for all that. Let it be even some relative or friend. Who actually knows all stuff already.

One in a million.
Yeah, they of course very rare. It's like finding diamonds.

geno4952

May 3, 2017
From Patreon site :

"Patreon is a way to join your favorite creator's community and pay them for making the stuff you love."

For me, to pay someone for something (work, service...) and to make a donation isn't the same.
From the creator of patreon himself..... folks are "PAID" monthly to create their art...... So we should be able to expect results or they shouldn't be paid.... toss me $5000.00 a month and I'll sit in front of my computer all day...who wouldn't??

Skeletor

Jun 20, 2017
Yeah I can't help but laugh at some of the posts in these topics just from being a dumb lurker from people who get so mad that their patreon hasn't produced a completed game after a month or two.

Like it is kind of obvious that a ton of the people whining about MILKING and shit here whether they donate or not really have no concept of how long game development actually takes, and don't seem to realize that these games that are in .50 or whatever version are a good year away from being completed, and lets not even get started on on the ones that are in 0.00- version are gonna take to be in a state where they are full of content.

(Which is why the monthly payment style of patreon kind of sucks when it comes to games compared to a steam early access type concept but that is an argument for a different time.)
The thing is they can make it where they only charge patrons when they actually release content. Problem is they all (well most) choose to charge on a monthly basis instead. If they charged only when content is released, this whole milking complaint would drop drastically. Also if they miss a deadline nobody would have to worry about; oh no I just payed this guy for this month and he didn't release anything.

enokard

Apr 25, 2017
From the creator of patreon himself..... folks are "PAID" monthly to create their art...... So we should be able to expect results or they shouldn't be paid.... toss me $5000.00 a month and I'll sit in front of my computer all day...who wouldn't??
But you see, some men just want to see the world milking... and they happy with that. it's ok : everyone have to go on his path. And everyone does as he pleases with his money :)

May 31, 2017
You don't seem to understand the huge difference between an NGO like the Red Cross and a for profit business like Patreon. Patreon is a subscription service not a charity. Look at the Dev's patreon page, he has four different levels of rewards that people can receive IF they pledge a certain amount of money to him. So if he doesn't fulfill his end of the deal then people can ask for their money back, and if he doesn't comply with that request then they can take legal action against him and patreon. Patreon is a company that is incorporated in the state of California, so they are bound to follow the laws of the US Government, and the State of California.
You are correct, when a patreon account owner has listed Rewards, then you enter into a transaction where the money is given in exchange for the rewards. This is by tax definition. Now, if a patreon account owner does not list rewards, it become purely a donation or gift. Patreon, in their terms of use, gives the account owners the right to change the reward, including completely removing it. This does not immeditely stop future payments from patrons.

• $1 MEMBERSHIP TIER
    • First & Foremost: My undying gratitude. Thank you for your support!
    • Access to Patron-Only feed containing important announcements.
    • Regularly recieve notices regarding future releases of development.
  • $5 MEMBERSHIP TIER
    • THE GAME: Download the latest chapter/version of Dual Family! Releases occur every month or sooner!
    • PREVIEWS: Basic Scenes (Enviromental/Clothed). Get a sneak peek of upcoming scenes in the game!
    • Participate in voting polls influencing future direction of development.
    • All previously listed tiers & their rewards!
  • $12 MEMBERSHIP TIER
    • PREVIEWS: Softcore Scenes (Nudism/Intimacy). Get a sneak peek of upcoming scenes in the game!
    • Detailed Walkthrough of the latest release. Never make a mistake!
    • THE GAME: Download the latest chapter/version of Dual Family! Releases occur every month or sooner!
    • All previously listed tiers & their rewards!
  • $20 MEMBERSHIP TIER
    • PREVIEWS: H A R D C O R E (Sex – Before, During & After) Get a sneak peek of upcoming scenes in the game!
    • ALL Dual Family tiers & rewards!
He never promises to anyone to PM them. The only area I see where he is lacking in giving what he promised to his patrons is in the $5 tier: "Releases occur every month or sooner!" He is currently 9 days past one month after his last update (18/06/17). As he seems to so often not meet his goal, it would behoove him to change the statement or remove it concerning the frequency of his updates.

You could file a report with patreon, saying that he is not delivering promised goods ... which could simply result in him saying "fuck it", working on the current release, and then deleting his patreon. (which is, hopefully, not something any of us here want). The best thing you could do, is bring this up to him after the current version of the game is released to us, when he's not balls-to-the-wall trying to get the update out to his patrons.

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017

COMING SOON - Remaster - Clumsy Escape

Another familiar scenario from the Son Campaign. There's new saucy camera angle during this undressing sequence -- no spoilers for them!
I'll also let you in on a little "secret": during this sequence, aim high and you'll find something REALLY good. Don't tell anyone, okay?

See you tomorrow!

Gumdrop Games

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes