VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
From his older post..

"the remaster will include graphically updated scenes, new scenes, extended exposition and additional story choices/outcomes."

Good!

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I just noticed that now, Nemi. I laughed today, thanks :D

EDIT: If I had been in the sons's position in the "Watch mom undressing" scene, I'd have found a way to scrunch up behind the chair (I'm quite flexible) and wait until she's nodded off. But that's me.
I'm no longer a teenager but I still make terrible decisions.

I think I'm going to prefer playing the Dad in later builds.
In the opening decisions between "Submit" and "Be a man", it seems "Submit" is the only positive interaction because the tone of "Be a man" results in "Be an asshat". The difference between Assertion and Arrogance is paper-thin and it's difficult to write and account for that, so I'll end that string on that one.
He also seems to be genuinely repenting... Or is it just a ploy? That's going to be interesting.
I actually found the present writing for the son to be a little flat.
The hoodie girl on the balcony (when I was his age) would have been far more interesting to me than a drug-fuelled floozy waiting for a shag. But again, that's me.

I still have no clue about Skeleton Bob.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dilettante
May 31, 2017
The hoodie girl on the balcony (when I was his age) would have been far more interesting to me than a drug-fuelled floozy waiting for a shag.
Totally agree with you about the druggie bimbo. I tried playing that scene without her, but the game won't let you. The girl on the balcony would have been really weird to fool around with: one second she's suicidal and the next she's hot and ready for some action? I don't see it. maybe just getting her number for future contact, but that would just be another character he'd have to develop.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I just noticed that now, Nemi. I laughed today, thanks :D

The hoodie girl on the balcony (when I was his age) would have been far more interesting to me than a drug-fuelled floozy waiting for a shag. But again, that's me.

I still have no clue about Skeleton Bob.
I thought at that age, it was more about shortest way to pussy, lol. Then someone waiting for a shag might be the choice, not the optimal one, but hey...

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
@letsdothisthing
It is a bit clunky. I found her to be quite cute, but the sudden shift was indeed strange. It may have been a case of ADD, but I'll leave speculation off the table. I do agree with the "get her phone number" track more than "meh, forget about her" route that was decided upon in the end.

@Joshua Tree
I was always the odd one in my youth. I wasn't solely focussed on pussy. I wanted who I wanted, and that was it. I was stubborn enough to not listen to sound reason but my teenage angst was redirected into music and trying to find a common ground with others.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
@letsdothisthing
It is a bit clunky. I found her to be quite cute, but the sudden shift was indeed strange. It may have been a case of ADD, but I'll leave speculation off the table. I do agree with the "get her phone number" track more than "meh, forget about her" route that was decided upon in the end.
I completely agree and i very like hoodie girl too. But, like many people said here, it's one more character, more work on her route and stuff. And some people prefer only relationship with main characters. Maybe we will see her anyway though.

I can understand son's thoughts at this moment. Bimbo is easy target, and that hoodie girl isn't gonna thank him for saving her life with "naked" reward. At least i don't think so.

I expect some super-weird plot twist
Somehow, now i can't even imagine what this plot twist could be. Story is so much realistic, and then this skeleton...

Last edited:
Reactions: Paranoid_android

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I disagree, some of us are supporting him financially and by that have the right to criticize his decisions.
He's not paying for the development from his pocket anymore, we are.

I'm not going to be too harsh on him before I play the latest update but what's more unnerving is that he's ignoring messages on Patreon. The communication is one-way which is terrible... my money is good for him, but he can't find 1 minute to reply to a message?
It's Patreon, you donate to developers whose work you enjoy and show that approval in monetary form. You have *not* bought a product. Sure, if enough people stop subscribing, the project may end, or it may continue regardless. Point being, it's like someone playing music on the street corner; some are good, some are bad, but whether people toss money into their guitar case or not doesn't mean they stop playing.

Reactions: SomeThrowawayAye

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
He needs secretary, if he can afford someone like that. Person who just sit 24/7 and reply to this millions emails and messages. Every patreon author needs someone like that.
Exactly right.. Does the dev spend their time answering the whines, bitches or complaints (or just all the stupid ass questions) from people, or do they actually work on the game. If I was donating, I'd prefer they spent the time working on the game. Some of these Patreonshave thousands of supporters, and any mod of a decent sized board should know the time sink involved in monitoring all the feedback from people on a daily basis.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Going by that logic, if we remove the product (Dual Family) what exactly are we supporting Gumdrop for?
If there is no product, why would you be supporting him at all to beghin with? I think that's actually taking you idea to it's logical conclusion. Since there *is* a product, you're saying you approve/enjoy by donating to the development of it.

Unless a dev says they are actively only working on the game as a full time job, and their releases are measly, while making a lot of money, could you say they are not fulfilling their side of the services implied contract.

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017

COMING SOON - Remaster - Cream & Sugar

You may recall breaking the news to your daughter, then making your way downstairs to the kitchen. To your surprise, she followed you. What do you you think she meant by this? Regardless, you'll revisit this sequence with a new, polished perspective.
More tomorrow! Don't forget to pop in.

Gumdrop Games

Devon Rehab

May 15, 2017
The daughter-sister is my favorite female in this game, I always play the father/daughter route first when a new update comes out, so I'm hoping this remaster has some good stuff for her. So what if anything does everyone hope the remaster has? If I remember correctly one of the things the remaster has is in game hidden items that if found unlock special non-canon scenes, with one possible example being mother/daughter lesbian action. This for me raises the possibility of all kinds of interesting scenarios and naughty material, especially for the daughter-sister since the canon story line of the game is trying to be drawn out and realistic for an incest game about seducing family members and the daughter-sister is supposed to be innocent and virginal compared to the other in game females. Optional non-canon scenes to me is a great way to throw in some wank fodder without messing up the stated point of the games story flow.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes