VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I really hate the MC father, he's psychotic, and not because he is having lewd thoughts about his daughter. He works from home but doesn't know his own children very well? He's a weak piece of shit when talking to his own wife, he's a massive control freak and he overreacts to everything. I really hate how much of a pathetic loser he is.
Are there any nice characters? The most decent person is the niece, to me.

acidnightmare

Aug 23, 2018
interesting. I half heartedly played through the Dad story, since I don't like playing F/D stories. But from what little I recall he was kind of a meek dude and I didn't like him when playing as the son. What do you think of the son? It seems like most people hate playing as the son
The son was much better to play as, while he is a smart-ass he does actually care about his family. He seemed more believable to me. The only thing that was out of character was the incident with the aunt in the bathroom if you ask for her as the reward, that felt like he was possessed by some psycho (maybe his inner father? lol). I think one of the main reasons i hate the Dad story is because your choices don't match the dads reaction. For example, the aunt is playing with you in the hot tub and you can choose to let her continue, yet the dad still says Fuck you! and that shes disgusting etc. He complains that his wife is emotionally unstable yet he goes from 0 to 60 in an instant. To me, the father is the real piece of shit in the family and has driven his children away and his wife to drink, i can't sympathize with him.

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
The son was much better to play as, while he is a smart-ass he does actually care about his family. He seemed more believable to me. The only thing that was out of character was the incident with the aunt in the bathroom if you ask for her as the reward, that felt like he was possessed by some psycho (maybe his inner father? lol). I think one of the main reasons i hate the Dad story is because your choices don't match the dads reaction. For example, the aunt is playing with you in the hot tub and you can choose to let her continue, yet the dad still says Fuck you! and that shes disgusting etc. He complains that his wife is emotionally unstable yet he goes from 0 to 60 in an instant. To me, the father is the real piece of shit in the family and has driven his children away and his wife to drink, i can't sympathize with him.
You're right on the point about this but on the same time terribly wrong. There are more than only a few problems with the Fathers Charakter but that is only in part "his" fault.

- The Dev puts way more work and thought in the Sons Charakter and his story.
- In Part IX is clearly mentioned (white he is fucked by the aunt) that the father didn't had any stable and lasting relationship before he got the mother pregnant, which in turn was the catalyst why both married without having actual deep feelings for each other.
- While you're right, that working from home and not having any time for your own children is the shittiest move you can pull as a male... It seems as the father is working that hard so that his familiy lacks nothing. Both children get a good education, Mommy dosn't need to work (that's how it seems to me at least) and they can decide on a whim to take a vacation the other day.

After replaying it again yesterday I came to the conclution that the sons story is at least partial a retelling of the Devs own past and that the son is either how the Dev actually was or wished to be (yes, this is not only fiction there are actually people out there right now who are even more messed up than what we see in this game!).
I also think that he (iRL) at least once fucked his cousin, she's the only main female cast we can't name after all.

But hey, these are only the thoughts of another writer... :tf:

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
She drugged her cousin and made it look like he fucked the mom to make the dad leave.
Well, I wrote that she's the most decent. Secondly, I stopped playing/reading the story when they went to the cinema because I couldn't stand it anymore: too damn boring, too damn verbose.

I think these kind of games are supposed to make you horny, but "Dual Family" just annoyed me, in the end.

May 7, 2017
(...)

- The Dev puts way more work and thought in the Sons Character and his story.
- In Part IX is clearly mentioned (while he is fucked by the aunt) that the father didn't have any stable and lasting relationships before he got the mother pregnant, which in turn was the catalyst why both married without having actual deep feelings for each other.
- While you're right, that working from home and not having any time for your own children is the shittiest move you can pull as a male... It seems as the father is working that hard so that his familiy lacks nothing. Both children get a good education, Mommy dosn't need to work (that's how it seems to me at least) and they can decide on a whim to take a vacation the next day.

After replaying it again yesterday I came to the conclution that the sons story is at least partial a retelling of the Devs own past and that the son is either how the Dev actually was or wished to be (yes, this is not only fiction there are actually people out there right now who are even more messed up than what we see in this game!).
I also think that he (iRL) at least once fucked his cousin, she's the only main female cast we can't name after all (...)
I won't say you are wrong, because perceptions (subjectivity) and there are other factors to take into consideration... So with that out of the way, I will try to converse and argue some of your bullet points:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Unto your last point, as for Kyle wanting to be or liking the Son... he has expressed previously he doesn't like writing for the Son (can't find that comment in particular) and the way he talks about him, has never been a positive one unlike with the Fathers, which he thoroughly likes and goes in-depth describing his sections whenever there's a preview post. For example, there was once a conversation in discord regarding the relationships, in which he particularly invested talking about the Father and how he has a lot more to lose than the Son, not once trying to appeal to the other side, the Son players. Here, I'll leave you with some comments he has about the Son through a spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Modder
Sep 29, 2017
Does anyone know, if the Dev can estimate how long would this new update be gameplay wise? (estimated time it would take to read through this new chapter).

RGShark

Aug 31, 2018
Does anyone know, if the Dev can estimate how long would this new update be gameplay wise? (estimated time it would take to read through this new chapter).
This "update" is never coming. All his patreon posts is bait. All of your replies and subsciption will make him gain money but the update is not coming for sure. Half a year for an update? Never heard of it without them having issues with their staffs.

Reactions: xxx2 and satoshi36

fakerdude

Mar 10, 2018
"The dance is a conglomerate of winding paths and proverbial tunnels, containing both sweet and sour character interactions to discover."

lmao, this dude is a master bullshiter. Anyway, can't wait for the "Dev updates, previews, pinups & other goodies".

Said no one.
Ever.

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
This "update" is never coming. All his patreon posts is bait. All of your replies and subsciption will make him gain money but the update is not coming for sure. Half the month for an update? Never heard of it without them having issues with their staffs.
I'm really with you on this one, i believe this guy has done 0 work on this update and now he is just trying to see how much bullshit a person (patreon) can eat...

Julsaid

Aug 6, 2016
Why are people acting like playing as a psyco isn't the best part?
I'm still waiting for a game where we play as a serial killer. Criminal Minds style but plot-twist, our wife is the agent.

Reactions: Melkai

Koi_

Jul 21, 2017
is there any actual sex in this or not yet i keep making it to the end but nothing happens idk if im just picking the wrong thing or what,

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
is there any actual sex in this or not yet i keep making it to the end but nothing happens idk if im just picking the wrong thing or what,
Yeah 3 sex scenes.
1 "normal" scene: S & some girl
2 rape scenes: S & aunt. Aunt & F.

Hardcore1234

Mar 8, 2017
Why are people acting like playing as a psyco isn't the best part?
I'm still waiting for a game where we play as a serial killer. Criminal Minds style but plot-twist, our wife is the agent.
In this game, you play as a Killer. it's a "life is strange" sequel!!! :D

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes