• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
slowly but surely, his patrons are starting to back out
I mean, even Irredeemable still ilks by with like 60 or so Patreons. I don't know who or how or why. I don't ever seeing any one dropping to his level, the guy just flat out disappeared after all.

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
I mean, even Irredeemable still ilks by with like 60 or so Patreons. I don't know who or how or why. I don't ever seeing any one dropping to his level, the guy just flat out disappeared after all.
It's too bad the guy stoop so low for money. I genuinely love his game and decided to support him but he let me down. The story is good with good character development and he took advantage of it because many got interested in his work.

Reactions: dozermant

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
slowly but surely, his patrons are starting to back out

this guy feels he is DarkCookie and wants to earn more
I wouldn't really put forward DC as a shinning beacon of example though. Seeing what he is pulling and what the supporters get back. On the other side, most creators most likely feel they want to earn more.

tbh, I wouldn't want to support DC any more than I would GD at this stage. There is other creators out there that need the encouragement more.

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
I wouldn't really put forward DC as a shinning beacon of example though. Seeing what he is pulling and what the supporters get back. On the other side, most creators most likely feel they want to earn more.

tbh, I wouldn't want to support DC any more than I would GD at this stage. There is other creators out there that need the encouragement more.
I don't support DC, I just compared GD to him because DC is earning around $50000 per month on patreon but TBH Summertime Saga is just a mediocre game (my personal opinion). I find GD's Dual Family more appealing but man I hate how he handles his current project. I know he has plans of releasing this game but he is stalling it for more money. I feel like he's doing it like this:

Part X is already done but not released yet.
Part XI is in development and will release Part X once part XI is done.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I don't support DC, I just compared GD to him because DC is earning around $50000 per month on patreon but TBH Summertime Saga is just a mediocre game (my personal opinion). I find GD's Dual Family more appealing but man I hate how he handles his current project. I know he has plans of releasing this game but he is stalling it for more money. I feel like he's doing it like this:

Part X is already done but not released yet.
Part XI is in development and will release Part X once part XI is done.
Suppose you can compare it to hunger. When you hungry, you need to work to satisfy that hunger. Once the hunger fade, become more complacent, whatever.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
patrons
$8,793
per month

holy crap, it's just unbelievable!
Impressive..Isnt it? He is legend they say..stories and whispers still roams around this corner of F95 echoing..The update is coming...Just a little bit longer...The echoes submerged me..days became weeks..weeks became months....months became years and yet my soul never gave up...but my body started to fade...Hair started falling...bones started to crack...Teeths started to crumble..and my time has come to an end...finally at peace in the Heavens.....Later one of the angels whispered:-The update is almost done....

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
10 hours later 5 Patrons more....WHY?!? o_O

patrons
$8,818
per month
Is he hyping this thing up somewhere? I feel like the only way he's maintained this many patrons is if there's another forum with a constant supply of rubes that he's tapping. Nobody with an ounce of sense would stay subbed to him for this long with this many delays, and anyone who ventures in here is gonna see 300 pages of mocking. For the oft-repeated cry of "money laundering", I doubt it's that either; hiding dirty money isn't very effective when there's a full record of every single transaction done through major financial providers, and hardly rewarding when Patreon is gonna take 10% or so right off the top.

Reactions: 0le and fortuna95

0le

Apr 30, 2018
10 hours later 5 Patrons more....WTF...WHY?!? o_O

patrons
$8,818
per month
Is it possible to fake patrons? Many subscribers always gets it easier to get more subscribers.
Then I guess he have like 800 patreons that is code generated, and gives money back to himself only loosing the
patreon fee(1%?). :-D

Another idea I have. is that he is a religious nutjob that want us to pay (literally pay) for our sinfully bad thoughts. :-D

Reactions: KeyvinCarter

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
Don't think they are fake... My bet is on poor souls who only recently found the "game" and subscripe in the naive hope that there is an update anytime soon - without reading the history of ScamdropGames...
Totally agree with u. In gamejolt i found one guy who reply to my comments 11 months ago and he ask me where he can subs but i said to him that its on hold and dont subs to him first. He argue that in gumdrop posts its active but the thing is, its not.

Eula25

Donor
Nov 30, 2018
Man the game is just a mediocre. Since the last time of dual family update, game like moth, life with marry was finished. Also icstor manage to take a break and still released the update even though without animation and maybe a lot of time. Prove that he do the job. Didn't release because of 2 animation then come out with new excuse saying nothing has been done in 3 weeks and also say there are more work to be done. Patron keep increasing and like I said before GD patron are the 8 wonder's of the world. Hahaha

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
For the same reason why some people commit collective suicide in cults when their leader tells them to do so? Because people are sheep.
They are no sheeps..sheeps dont get to make decisions and neither get to make any choices in life..They are just caught in the middle of very deep nest of a spider's web...and now in a state of denial.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
So... Before christmas is it?
It's hilarious remember last christmas apparehently the reason why the update was delayed since feburary was because he wanted to do animations. Now it's basically take a year to pose the renders. Just think how long it will take to actually render them.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes