VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
They are no sheeps..sheeps dont get to make decisions and neither get to make any choices in life..They are just caught in the middle of very deep nest of a spider's web...and now in a state of denial.
That would apply to those that been supporting for a while, not new supporters though, of which he gain new ones every month (that replace the ones leaving).

Jashmyne

Oct 11, 2018
It's hilarious remember last christmas apparehently the reason why the update was delayed since feburary was because he wanted to do animations. Now it's basically take a year to pose the renders. Just think how long it will take to actually render them.
And worst part is, I think he intends to do another christmas episode and I wouldn't be surprised if it that episode that will be released before christmas and not Part X

sob

Apr 3, 2017
I am 100% sure that there will be a Christmas update and with it a lame excuse for the delay of part X.

After that sometime next year the excuse will be testing then errors after testing and then after more months of excuses he will delete his patreon account.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Wait he still didnt release the update? Man wat are these patreons smoking giving money to someone that gives nothing back for months xD, atlease milfcity dev was a bit late still released his update although no animation kinda lazy on that part but still ICSTOR released something.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
Wait he still didnt release the update? Man wat are these patreons smoking giving money to someone that gives nothing back for months xD, atlease milfcity dev was a bit late still released his update although no animation kinda lazy on that part but still ICSTOR released something.
That smoke is only for his patreons(Its Gumdrop Exclusive ).Better Sub if you want to smoke that shit( Disclaimer: Side effects include...getting deceived, swindled and also that it helps with penile enlargement. )

Reactions: Ahjgfg

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Dont even try to Question their lord savior GumDrop they will curse u. Defenders of their Cult.
Oh please, PLEASE show me the rest of that for context.

"Welp, can't force people to be smart. I tried to tell him."
-A moron, 2019

I never knew that to be 'smart' I had to continuously throw my money down an endless sinkhole.

If you want to sway someone, or make them see things in a different light. Maybe not refer to them as sheeps is the best way to do it. Doesn't work in all walks of life, so why should it work in some small fandom?
Bruh, you're dead on arrival however you approach that discord.

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018

-A moron, 2019

I never knew that to be 'smart' I had to continuously throw my money down an endless sinkhole.

Got banned. Somebody question him that he might delay again the update come decembet then release the last xmas part2 instead as a possibility but they didnt like and still trust gumdrop their lord savior that he will fulfill their dreams.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

-A moron, 2019

Just saying, telling people they are sheep, is not the best course of action. It's like knock on someones door, tell them they are a idiot and you want to set them straight. It just doesn't work. In this case its like poke the hornet's nest and ask to be banned.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
For clarification on the On Hold/Abandoned tag:
Games marked as On Hold, are the ones where the developer (or a responsible associate person) has paused the game development for an indefinite amount of time. This applies to Dual Family.

Now the Abandoned prefix is used when:
1. There's an official word of the end of development, with no plans of coming back.
2. More than three months of radio silence from the developer.

That does not apply here since Gumdrop has kept posting semi-regularly through these 1.5 years with no updates, meaning we can't tag as abandoned according to our rules.

Despite that, as you're probably well aware, the games have gone more than a year with no updates, the developer has promised and missed every deadline he set.
So... A creator can keep their game off the abandoned list indefinitely simply by posting something every so often on Patreon giving people false hope? Promising and missing deadlines doesn't count against them at all?

Suppose there is a creator. They get a pretty good sized Patreon following they got rolling in.

Then one month they say on Patreon, "The updates coming next month... My grandma died"

Alright whatever, sorry about your grandma dude.

Next month comes around, "No update this month either. My dog died"

Aww poor dude lost his dog... Extention granted.

Next month comes around, "Uh, no update again this month. Got a new dog it has fleas. It's been a hassle. Gonnna update next month"

Alright, fleas suck.... extension granted.

Next month comes around, "Uh, my other grandma died. Ya, can't update this motnh either."

Well shit, he lost em both... extention granted.

Next month comes around, "Ya, I just been really sick this month. Sorry no update"

Well, guy is sick whatever... extention granted...

Next month comes around, "Ya I decided to take a little break. I went on vacation, and there was this awesome hooker. Been under a lot of stress. Update coming next month"

Well fuck... guy said update is coming next month, whatever extention granted.

Next month comes around, "The hooker robbed me, and I lost my computer and I gotta replace all that. So, no update this month. Ones coming next month though for real!"

Well... he don't have a machine anymore, but is getting a new one extention granted.

Next month comes around, "So I got the new computer, but then I found out that hooker gave me an STD so I been going to the doctors a lot not feelign well. Update coming soon"

Well why not, he seems legit this time. Extention granted.

Next month rolls around, "The hooker broke back in and stole my Grandmas ashes. Sorry I had to hunt her down no update this month either."

Well, gotta get back grandmas ashes! Extention granted.

Next month rolls around, "Grandmas ashes have been returned and finally your update will be here next month."

Well fuck looks like we are finally getting an update! Extention granted

Next month rolls around, "The fleas are back... sorry no update this month."

Well... Damn it I thought that was legit this time. Better luck next month. Extenson granted.

Next month rolls around, "I got locked up for stealing flea medicine for my suck dog that was kidnapped by a hooker..."

Well... How many extensions are going to be granted before it is considered abandoned?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Well... How many extensions are going to be granted before it is considered abandoned?
He managed to get it on Steam, I'm not so sure it matter to much if it get tagged abandoned on this site or not. This threadnought is a good warning against support it. If people still do after seeing it? Well, their choice. If it get tagged abandoned, I would hope it get locked as well, shouldn't be any reason to post more about it then right?

Does it qualify as being abandoned when put on Steam?, even in the state it is? idk. Then again, there is a lot of half finished and more or less abandoned games being sold on Steam, and people keep buy them still, because... reasons.

Jan 9, 2019
He managed to get it on Steam, I'm not so sure it matter to much if it get tagged abandoned on this site or not. This threadnought is a good warning against support it. If people still do after seeing it? Well, their choice. If it get tagged abandoned, I would hope it get locked as well, shouldn't be any reason to post more about it then right?

Does it qualify as being abandoned when put on Steam?, even in the state it is? idk. Then again, there is a lot of half finished and more or less abandoned games being sold on Steam, and people keep buy them still, because... reasons.
Now you sound desperate, to the ignore list you go again. You literally shill for this scammer non-stop and the best defense you can come up with is: other people are scammers too so in reality the blame rests fully on the scammed. It's so hilariously pathetic how obsessed you are with defending this piece of shit.

In the end you were conned, you were proved wrong as you wrote literally hundreds and hundreds of posts defending a scam. It's time to let it go Joshua. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Everyone should add him to their ignore list: hover over Joshua Tree's name and click ignore. Giving him any more attention is pointless: he is a fanboy at best or a shill who knows what he is doing at worst.

Last edited:

sob

Apr 3, 2017
I want to reiterate that this game will remain free to everyone during and after development. If you DO choose to support, you will receive the latest update of the game before anyone else. Non-patrons gain access to the same content an additional month after patrons, but it will be free to those whom wish to wait.

So how about this quote from the king of scams patreon page? What's happening with those that are paying on steam when the game dev clearly states that it's free during development?

I'll tell you what's happening: they were scammed into paying money for a free game.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
WinterW I never defended him delaying, not being honest with release dates. Or his lack of work ethics. I even stated I never believe in any release date he would set. Based on his past actions, that is just sound reasoning.

I'm just indifferent to the whole thing, except for the bullshit people start to spew with accusations with no proof. Same bullshit I spoke up against when it come to other creators on this site as well.

As I said before in this thread; This whole thing turned into a "either you with us, or against us" movement. No place to be in between. If this thread got tagged abandoned, would people stop post? Would you and others that been the most vocal, go silent, and never post about the game and GD again? Would it keep people from beg for someone to post updates from his Patreon on this site? As long as he is active, posting word diarrhea, promoting the game, putting it out there etc. You can't really claim its abandoned, according to the site rules. They would need to alter the rules for that, of which I'm sure you can approach the admins and make a case for, can't you?

It's hilarious really, I wouldn't be bothered if they tagged the game abandoned, locked away the key to the thread and tossed it into the abyss, but I feel you would.

Even when I criticize GD for something, you rush out and say I defend him. You just read into things what you like too.

How much did he take you for Winter? He must have dug really deep into your pockets. Or you just a champion of the poor endangered "sheeps"? People that need protection vs themselves because lack of judgement and reasoning how they spend their money? If you wanted to do something that could affected GD at all, you would risk to put your foot out there, but you don't like risks do you?

Ahjgfg

Apr 19, 2018
WinterW I never defended him delaying, not being honest with release dates. Or his lack of work ethics. I even stated I never believe in any release date he would set. Based on his past actions, that is just sound reasoning.

I'm just indifferent to the whole thing, except for the bullshit people start to spew with accusations with no proof. Same bullshit I spoke up against when it come to other creators on this site as well.

As I said before in this thread; This whole thing turned into a "either you with us, or against us" movement. No place to be in between. If this thread got tagged abandoned, would people stop post? Would you and others that been the most vocal, go silent, and never post about the game and GD again? Would it keep people from beg for someone to post updates from his Patreon on this site? As long as he is active, posting word diarrhea, promoting the game, putting it out there etc. You can't really claim its abandoned, according to the site rules. They would need to alter the rules for that, of which I'm sure you can approach the admins and make a case for, can't you?

It's hilarious really, I wouldn't be bothered if they tagged the game abandoned, locked away the key to the thread and tossed it into the abyss, but I feel you would.

Even when I criticize GD for something, you rush out and say I defend him. You just read into things what you like too.

How much did he take you for Winter? He must have dug really deep into your pockets. Or you just a champion of the poor endangered "sheeps"? People that need protection vs themselves because lack of judgement and reasoning how they spend their money? If you wanted to do something that could affected GD at all, you would risk to put your foot out there, but you don't like risks do you?
images - 2019-10-22T161432.369.jpeg

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes