VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017
Lol still no update. I would suggest to mark ''abandoned'' tag but that didn't work last time. So i would suggest to DELETE this thread instead. So it may no longer mislead people and potential patreons. Pls delete this thread.
I agree. almost 2 years without an update... don't feed this scammer anymore mark this thread as abandoned.

Last edited:

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
It's hilarious remember last christmas apparehently the reason why the update was delayed since feburary was because he wanted to do animations. Now it's basically take a year to pose the renders. Just think how long it will take to actually render them.
Yeah the animations excuses is bullshit.
Meanwhile on R34, 64Tb (random number) of animations have been uploaded...

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
Lol still no update. I would suggest to mark ''abandoned'' tag but that didn't work last time. So i would suggest to DELETE this thread instead. So it may no longer mislead people and potential patreons. Pls delete this thread.
I don’t think “delete” is the best idea because of people like me. I never knew 95z existed before I became his sub on Patreon. After a few months of enduring his lame posts, I started getting curious and the. Found this very helpful thread.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
yxplayer90 Rancioman MykeRosy
There's an exchange with Sam (Admin) that starts at this post that explains why this won't happen. And, if you read back a few more, you'll see that this might save you some ban-hammer pain.

If you want to petition a rule change, that belongs in a different forum.

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017
yxplayer90 Rancioman MykeRosy
There's an exchange with Sam (Admin) that starts at this post that explains why this won't happen. And, if you read back a few more, you'll see that this might save you some ban-hammer pain.

If you want to petition a rule change, that belongs in a different forum.
I don't sponsor it, only bothers me that there are several developers who work hard and don't get much support from patreons, while this thief stole around 200k dollars doing nothing.

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
I don't sponsor it, only bothers me that there are several developers who work hard and don't get much support from patreons, while this thief stole around 200k dollars doing nothing.
I wouldn't say he "stole" the money. He gets it thrown at him, by idiots, for doing nothing. And the worst part is that he does it in a legal way. You can have a debate about his ethics! But saying he "stole" anything is simply unjustified and flat out wrong. He makes use of people's trust in him. Very ignorant people, imho. But who am I to tell them what to do with their money.

If you're mad at GD because he took your money? You're not mad at him at all. You're simply pissed you fell for it and can't get over the fact you didn't think that could happen to you. For the rest this entire thread just makes me laugh tbh. All I see is a bunch of ranting clowns. And yeah, the amount of ignorance is funny as hell!

RobZombi3

Donor
Oct 15, 2019
I wouldn't say he "stole" the money. He gets it thrown at him, by idiots, for doing nothing. And the worst part is that he does it in a legal way. You can have a debate about his ethics! But saying he "stole" anything is simply unjustified and flat out wrong. He makes use of people's trust in him. Very ignorant people, imho. But who am I to tell them what to do with their money.

If you're mad at GD because he took your money? You're not mad at him at all. You're simply pissed you fell for it and can't get over the fact you didn't think that could happen to you. For the rest this entire thread just makes me laugh tbh. All I see is a bunch of ranting clowns. And yeah, the amount of ignorance is funny as hell!
:lepew:Disclaimer: Never supported GD...but I was honestly close to do so after finishing the first and only part of DF (it was quite recent before I sign a profile here). I liked the game, its something else for building up anticipation and it was kinda hot. Then I noticed that the deadlines were moving, his "rendering" site is not changing and finally some posts on the net and inevitably here about GD behaviour etc. etc. so was glad I decided not to.

I wouldn't say he "stole" someone's money either. I would say its more fradulent behaviour and lies that would inevitably tarnish not only his reputation but also make too many people regret supporting lewd creators alltogether. Specially those who are still hooked up on an idea he would actually finish. Well I certainly see a rise of creators whom abandon projects, some that put completed tag on half baked crap (Yes, looking at you Slonique) and others like GD that seems just milking it till it finally (and hopefully) busts.

So for a future reference, caution when support someone on patreon should be a very good idea. I know I kept my enthusiasm down for pledging money to someone that I am not that familiar with or at least mostly sure they will deliver a great stuff in timely fashion.

I know for myself that I don't feel betrayed or hurt (hell I didn't spent anything but a brief glim of hope on him) but I am quite dissapointed still...

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
For the rest this entire thread just makes me laugh tbh. All I see is a bunch of ranting clowns. And yeah, the amount of ignorance is funny as hell!
You're welcome for all the free entertainment.
Now if you'd like to support my Patreon for all this free entertainment you've clearly been enjoying, I can promise you a Captain's Log on the following deadline.

December 12th, Not to blow my own trumpet, but I am 100% confident I can make this deadline.
But if I fail that deadline don't worry,

Jan 15th, 2020 is a sure thing.
But IF, and this is a big IF, I screw up that deadline.

April 19th, 2020 I got it guaranteed, it'd be absolutely embarrassing to miss the deadline at that point.

BUT
AND THIS IS A BIG BUT MATEY BOY,

September 6th, 2020 I will totally deliver the the deadline. NO EXCUSES.

...Tho I guess there's always 2021 to make sure I got everything perfect, but don't worry. Just have faith, BELIEVE <3

Yours truly,
The Captain
captain of space ship.jpg

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You're welcome for all the free entertainment.
Now if you'd like to support my Patreon for all this free entertainment you've clearly been enjoying, I can promise you a Captain's Log on the following deadline.

December 12th, Not to blow my own trumpet, but I am 100% confident I can make this deadline.
But if I fail that deadline don't worry,

Jan 15th, 2020 is a sure thing.
But IF, and this is a big IF, I screw up that deadline.

April 19th, 2020 I got it guaranteed, it'd be absolutely embarrassing to miss the deadline at that point.

BUT
AND THIS IS A BIG BUT MATEY BOY,

September 6th, 2020 I will totally deliver the the deadline. NO EXCUSES.

...Tho I guess there's always 2021 to make sure I got everything perfect, but don't worry. Just have faith, BELIEVE <3

Yours truly,
The Captain
View attachment 440779
So, GD stuck in your lavatory together with the log :p

Devon Rehab

May 15, 2017
I haven't posted in this topic in forever because it's been the same old bullshit. So lets try something more productive. I recently played Doctor Amana: Sexual Therapist and three of your potential girls are your daughter and her two friends. The daughter seems to be your average good girl and the two friends are rebellious punk and a shy nerdy girl. Honestly the reason I've stuck with Dual Family is the daughter and Karen, especially the contrast between good girl daughter and damaged bad girl niece. Some one should do a harem game where the girls are your daughter and her friends and/or classmates. Go for the hole spread of high school girl characters goth/punk chick, tomboy jock, cheerleader, geeky gamer girl/anime fan/cosplayer, snobby rich girl, all of them.

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017

I really liked your post above, I note that "GD" technically doesn't steal money from anyone and the people voluntarily support him. So I think your correction is very valid. As I said before i never support it simply because I don't have the means to do it to him or many other developers who really deserve it. And although, like you, can't tell anyone what to do with their money, but it doesn't seem funny to me that people are scammed even if they are idiots or ignorants.
The problem with people when they are scammed by a developer is the following: after that is hard for them to trust again in another, so Gumdrop is the only who benefits from this situation.
That's what really bothers me. (or make mad according to you)

Right now a game that was abandoned due to lack of financial support comes to mind "The humbling experience"
It was a really good game nice characters; good plot and very funny dialogues, and like that there are many others
which don't have the support they should in my modest, idiot and ignorant opinion.
Luckily it seems to be that smart people are scam proof.
What a relief, one less thing to worry about!
Apologies for my English so basic and primitive, it's not my native language.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes