VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
I don't follow this thread very closely, so sorry if I missed it, but have there been any previews demonstrative of actual progress?

Like he's supposedly working on a big school dance scene, right? Have any of the previews shown anything remotely related to that or have they all been just generic shots of semi nude characters?

Dec 24, 2018
I don't follow this thread very closely, so sorry if I missed it, but have there been any previews demonstrative of actual progress?

Like he's supposedly working on a big school dance scene, right? Have any of the previews shown anything remotely related to that or have they all been just generic shots of semi nude characters?
Not that I recall. The only real progress that's been made in the last almost 2 years is the increase of Gumdrop's bank account. He doesn't actually develop this game, he just sits around doing nothing. The most work he does is coming up with what lies to tell his patrons next to make them think this game is still in development. Maybe he will start actually working on the game if his patreon ever starts to fall significantly, I doubt he'd let this cash cow die, but that's not happening any time soon.

qsad

Jan 5, 2018
Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for dropping these images. This thread is 99.99 shitposting, so it's nice to see someone actually making a contribution.

Oh no not at all!
My "work" here is nothing compared to yours!
These are taken straight from his website, I just bring them here that's all!
I was that guy once upon a time, but that time has passed for me.
Never had the chance to properly thank you (was a lurker back then still am lol) so...
Ahem... Thank you for all your efforts Morgana! See you in the royal edition:love:

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
Didn't he say the update was ready and he was waiting on some animations to be done by some other guy? Me thinks these animations aren't real and in fact project isn't even close to done if it was ever started.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Everytime I check back here I'm utterly flabbergasted that this is still ongoing. He finished the non animation renders back in February from what I remember. That's 7 to 8 months creating sex scene animations for characters I bet at least half of the people playing this game couldn't give two shits about. Maybe they'll be well done, maybe they'll be poorly lit, Dutch angle artsy nonsense, but I can't honestly believe anyone would've chosen to wait an extra month or two of development for animations of that one slutty chick the son can choose to nail.

As has been said before on this thread, don't support this developer in any capacity at the minute. He's proven his word means very little and he's done nothing but take advantage of his patrons goodwill. We'll see whether the dev cycle returns to something more reasonable come Act 2... just don't hold your breath.

Dec 24, 2018
We'll see whether the dev cycle returns to something more reasonable come Act 2... just don't hold your breath.
No way that happens. If he ever does put out the update, afterwards he'll release some short updates with little content relatively quickly to make his supporters think he's turning a new leaf and will have a shorter development time so that they'll pledge more. Then after 3-5 of those short updates he'll say something like how he's getting into the homestretch of act 2 and lots of things will be happening so he'll need more time to put out the updates and he'll get right back to the ridiculously long development times, go right back to milking, and his naive supporters will let him get away with it again like the idiots the delusional sheep they are.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I know this is on hold indef, but, I just started with it and I'm having an issue at the start where you name the people. It says click to edit, but, no matter where I click, I can't edit their names. Any ideas?

SirLoins

Aug 20, 2017
I know this is on hold indef, but, I just started with it and I'm having an issue at the start where you name the people. It says click to edit, but, no matter where I click, I can't edit their names. Any ideas?
If I remember correctly, keep the mouse hovered over the box where you type the name. Then type the name.

Jan 9, 2019

He hasn't at all. I wrote a post with all the "previews" he has released, highlighting the obvious problems with the idea that he is "working" on the game as opposed to scamming (i.e. not even milking, but doing nothing at all other than rendering trivial "promotional" images to keep the scam going): https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-468#post-2398851

His 8k/4k claim is also complete bullshit: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-493#post-2499481

No way that happens. If he ever does put out the update, afterwards he'll release some short updates with little content relatively quickly to make his supporters think he's turning a new leaf and will have a shorter development time so that they'll pledge more. Then after 3-5 of those short updates he'll say something like how he's getting into the homestretch of act 2 and lots of things will be happening so he'll need more time to put out the updates and he'll get right back to the ridiculously long development times, go right back to milking, and his naive supporters will let him get away with it again like the idiots the delusional sheep they are.
Assuming that will ever happen. I think it's more likely he won't ever do anything at all, like for the past 2 years. Why? because even his marketing material shows laziness. A smart, non-lazy scammer would have bought a few assets and released "in-game" previews a long time ago to buttress the idea that the game is under "development". This guy doesn't even bother with that: previews are basically fully naked models, no new assets or props, zoomed-in shots with blurred backgrounds. Very obvious he isn't even putting effort in the scam. That's why he started to commission other people, so he doesn't even do animations himself. Plenty of other devs on this site learned to animate in the last 2 years, while this one only scammed people.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonrage39 and yep10
Dec 24, 2018
He hasn't at all. I wrote a post with all the "previews" he has released, highlighting the obvious problems with the idea that he is "working" on the game as opposed to scamming (i.e. not even milking, but doing nothing at all other than rendering trivial "promotional" images to keep the scam going): https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-468#post-2398851

His 8k/4k claim is also complete bullshit: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-493#post-2499481

Assuming that will ever happen. I think it's more likely he won't ever do anything at all, like for the past 2 years. Why? because even his marketing material shows laziness. A smart, non-lazy scammer would have bought a few assets and released "in-game" previews a long time ago to buttress the idea that the game is under "development". This guy doesn't even bother with that: previews are basically fully naked models, no new assets or props, zoomed-in shots with blurred backgrounds. Very obvious he isn't even putting effort in the scam. That's why he started to commission other people, so he doesn't even do animations himself. Plenty of other devs on this site learned to animate in the last 2 years, while this one only scammed people.
The thing about gumdrop is that I don't think he's necessarily trying to scam people, it's why, like you said, he isn't even putting in any effort to scam people, and if he is he really sucks at it and he's lucky his patreon supporters are so low iq that he's able to get away with it. I think the reality is that gumdrop basically won the lottery, dudes making 8000 dollars a month on patreon, god knows how much on his website, and he was making way more before that in past months as well.

I don't know about you, but if I won the lottery I'd quit my job and stop working, maybe I'd work a little bit here and there, but not much. And that's exactly what gumdrop did. He won the lottery by striking it big on patreon, and now he quit his job, maybe he works on the game here and there, but I doubt even that. He's just sitting back at home, not doing any work, living the high life funded by his delusional paypigs.

Point is, gumdrop isn't necessarily trying to scam people, he's just simply quit his job and has basically stopped working altogether. Having a horde of naive, gullible, and outright delusional patreon supporters is like winning the lottery. He is making tons of money, so much money that he doesn't need to work, whether it be in a job in real life, developing the game, or putting in any serious effort to pull the wool over his supporters eyes. And he'll continue to not work as long as his supporters enable him to. His patreon supporters are paying him for no work, so why work? I know if my boss still paid me and wouldn't fire me if I didn't go to work then I'd never work again, and that's the situation gumdrop has found himself in.

I doubt he'd let the game die completely though since if there are a couple of things we know about gumdrop for sure it's that he's lazy and likes money. Letting the game die completely would mean he would have to get a real job and he'd stop making a shitload of easy money.

He'll eventually put out this update, it won't be for months, and more than likely it won't be for years, but if he never puts it out his patreon will drop to 0 (one day... I hope, his paypigs can't be that mentally ill, can they?), he'd stop making lots of money, and he'd have to get a real job, all things a person who is lazy and likes money would not want. And then after it comes out he'll put out some bullshit updates with little to no content and progression relatively quickly to boost his patreon so that he can take another 2-3+ year break from work.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The thing about gumdrop is that I don't think he's necessarily trying to scam people, it's why, like you said, he isn't even putting in any effort to scam people, and if he is he really sucks at it and he's lucky his patreon supporters are so low iq that he's able to get away with it. I think the reality is that gumdrop basically won the lottery, dudes making 8000 dollars a month on patreon, god knows how much on his website, and he was making way more before that in past months as well.

I don't know about you, but if I won the lottery I'd quit my job and stop working, maybe I'd work a little bit here and there, but not much. And that's exactly what gumdrop did. He won the lottery by striking it big on patreon, and now he quit his job, maybe he works on the game here and there, but I doubt even that. He's just sitting back at home, not doing any work, living the high life funded by his delusional paypigs.
He have to pay income tax on that though. End of the day it's less, but still good income. But income on Patreon as a creator is a fickle thing, its not necessary a long term thing. Someone throw away a rl job for it that come with benefits etc, would be a retard. If your day job is to flip burgers on McDonalds, that probably something else though. (Not dissing those working at McDonald's or similar though).

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
He have to pay income tax on that though. End of the day it's less, but still good income. But income on Patreon as a creator is a fickle thing, its not necessary a long term thing. Someone throw away a rl job for it that come with benefits etc, would be a retard. If your day job is to flip burgers on McDonalds, that probably something else though. (Not dissing those working at McDonald's or similar though).
Being a Patron dev also comes with Tax cuts to balance things out, that the nature of being an independent trader. This is a life that if you put the work into and do it right, it can be very rewarding, (or if you're just really good at bullshitting and manipulative psychology).
And my previous job was cleaning and temp office work which can both die in a hole.

I doubt he'd let the game die completely though since if there are a couple of things we know about gumdrop for sure it's that he's lazy and likes money. Letting the game die completely would mean he would have to get a real job and he'd stop making a shitload of easy money.
Having studied the Gumdrops mammal in its habitat long enough, (and while I have no doubt those two things definitely play a subconscious role even though he wouldn't admit it), there are two other major contributors.

delusions of grandeur
and ego are massively at play. Gumdrops believes he is not only a good Dev, but perhaps the best who is going to revolutionize adult world gaming with new levels of story-telling and depth and blah blah blah.

He'd never want the game to die because it's partly an ego trip, his 'magnum-opus.' He's long extrapolated on his philosophies and his many meandering thoughts in the game. Think he's wrong? Then you just don't get it, you could never understand the sheer brilliance of his 'work', Marlowe and Shakespeare wept to be able to even come close to the realizations of the human experience Gumdrops has cracked, for how could they conceive of competing with Space Couch Skeleton?

Think I'm wrong? Rattle the Ivory tower and criticize 'the narrative.'

This is the same guy who elaborated on me his great business expansion plan, yet seemed completely oblivious to the fact he's failed to produce anything of substance in over two years and is literally despised by most other Developers et al now.

For an example of another now over-inflated ego that had a huge rise and epic fall, please see the Nostalgia Critic.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes