VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
story-telling? Linda storyline? you're joking right?
Ha! I've actually heard several people say this in regards to milfy city. Makes me think people are confusing good fap material with good story telling. Now take A game like Primal Instinct or anything by PhillyGames and you have great story telling. I think those Devs could be novelists, whereas all of ICSTOR's material seems like it was conceived entirely from a horny 14yr old's daydream.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Ha! I've actually heard several people say this in regards to milfy city. Makes me think people are confusing good fap material with good story telling. Now take A game like Primal Instinct or anything by PhillyGames and you have great story telling. I think those Devs could be novelists, whereas all of ICSTOR's material seems like it was conceived entirely from a horny 14yr old's daydream.
exactly. well i didn't want to argue, so ended at that. i was playing "Taboo Request" a few days back(one of ICSTOR's earlier works), the story is just ridiculous. it's good fap material but that's about it. don't want to speak ill of a dev. he is undoubtedly one of the best adult game makers but writing stories isn't his strong suite imo.

Fpm180

Nov 14, 2018
Amen to that. Everyone was holding ICSTOR Heaven high before his hiatus. And then decided to drop him down to hell, when he started showing delays. None of that ever mattered as ICSTOR was and IS still one of the best STORY-TELLING developers out there. Especially with Milfy City and the Linda storyline, simply great.
I am sorry but this is none sense!!
I like Milfy City, and I appreciate the good work on it. It has a great animation and great looking models, but unfortunately it has a disadvantage on the story, specially with Linda. There is no appropriate reason for her to be in love with her so in that way from the beginning. On the other side, Dual family has an excellent story building
In the relationship between the characters.
Unfortunately it is by a bad dev who always skips his deadline. ( Sorry for bad English)

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
exactly. well i didn't want to argue, so ended at that. i was playing "Taboo Request" a few days back(one of ICSTOR's earlier works), the story is just ridiculous. it's good fap material but that's about it. don't want to speak ill of a dev. he is undoubtedly one of the best adult game makers but writing stories isn't his strong suite imo.
Yeah, I rarely speak ill of devs myself (except for Gumdrop and Aortta). Icstor has certainly tapped into a substantial market, has nice looking ladies and renders, and some pretty terrific animations. I just wish he would use his buttload of cash and hire a good writer. But then again, why would he need to when he's raking in the dough regardless.

Reactions: satoshi36 and u z i

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
...There is no appropriate reason for her to be in love with her so in that way from the beginning...
well to be fair, if a son can lust for his mom, why can't it be the other way around? i actually liked this approach. but more importantly, don't apply too much logic in these games :p
(i like how we are discussing milfy city on the dual family thread. although this thread has essentially been "off-topic" for a long time XD )

May 20, 2017
I am sorry but this is none sense!!
I like Milfy City, and I appreciate the good work on it. It has a great animation and great looking models, but unfortunately it has a disadvantage on the story, specially with Linda. There is no appropriate reason for her to be in love with her so in that way from the beginning. On the other side, Dual family has an excellent story building
In the relationship between the characters.
Unfortunately it is by a bad dev who always skips his deadline. ( Sorry for bad English)
I was wrong when I said great story telling.
I recently played Ataegina, easily in the top 5 best games of all time. Great story telling and great renders. Compared to a few other developers out there, ICSTOR would look like a nobody, I agree.

But I liked the Linda "angle", let's call it angle since people get offended by the word storyline. Why would she be in love with MC? Her husband shows very less signs of interest in her, maybe since a longer time before events of MC. So she naturally starts looking for more attention from the most possible male candidate around her.
I can only give that as a reason.

But the whole angle with her and Caroline are executed really well. And it's quality and quantity does put ICSTOR above a lot of developers for me.

Won't even talk about Dual Family character development. I don't know if you noticed but that's not character development, it's fucking lazy ass writing. Till the very last episode itself, both Son and Dad keep on doing just about the same shit, with no major changes. Would it have been better? I don't know, none of us got an update to play.

Reactions: Fpm180
May 20, 2017
well to be fair, if a son can lust for his mom, why can't it be the other way around? i actually liked this approach. but more importantly, don't apply too much logic in these games :p
(i like how we are discussing milfy city on the dual family thread. although this thread has essentially been "off-topic" for a long time XD )
The whole Linda lusting after MC was new for me, and I liked it instantly. Other games it's always been MC pulling the strings, here it was the opposite.

Reactions: TheSinful and u z i

TheSinful

Jun 11, 2018
From what I remember (it's been a couple years) "The Last Sovereign" had some really good writing. Smut was text based though so no animations. Could be a good thing though; bad animations seriously detract from a game, which is part of why SU stopped using them for scenes. "My Cute Roommate" is a fairly good game but holy fuck are those animations bad.

GodOfAll

Aug 20, 2017
Bruh I'm jealous of this guy. He managed to get about 150k in the last 20 months where he did nothing except post some text on paetron. But for real: Humans are animals, they also have a reward/punishment system. What most likely happened was that he missed a deadline and saw that nothing bad happened and then just said next time to himself but actually wanted to do it but still didn't manage to get it out but then he saw that people really still gave him money. So eventually he wanted to see how long he can get people to give him money. And now we are here. Honestly it's entirely the fault of the patreons. If they would just have stopped giving him money, he would have gotten his punishment and would have started making more updates. If he gets money without doing work why should he work at all? Honestly, at this point I think he quit his job and enjoys life. Maybe he's saving money for a house? Maybe he's partying all day? 150k in 20 months are 7.5k a month, which means he's getting about 90 k a year. From doing nothing.

Fpm180

Nov 14, 2018
I was wrong when I said great story telling.
I recently played Ataegina, easily in the top 5 best games of all time. Great story telling and great renders. Compared to a few other developers out there, ICSTOR would look like a nobody, I agree.

But I liked the Linda "angle", let's call it angle since people get offended by the word storyline. Why would she be in love with MC? Her husband shows very less signs of interest in her, maybe since a longer time before events of MC. So she naturally starts looking for more attention from the most possible male candidate around her.
I can only give that as a reason.

But the whole angle with her and Caroline are executed really well. And it's quality and quantity does put ICSTOR above a lot of developers for me.

Won't even talk about Dual Family character development. I don't know if you noticed but that's not character development, it's fucking lazy ass writing. Till the very last episode itself, both Son and Dad keep on doing just about the same shit, with no major changes. Would it have been better? I don't know, none of us got an update to play.
Actually I agree with you in the lazy writing part, and there is no action for a long time.
But to be honest, eventually it would be reasonable to.... In the end.
Unfortunately Linda's angle isn't reasonable in all of the ways. She can get herself pleased by any other man in the world (not son).

• Angry
Reactions: queeg500 and Redgy
Dec 24, 2018
Bruh I'm jealous of this guy. He managed to get about 150k in the last 20 months where he did nothing except post some text on paetron. But for real: Humans are animals, they also have a reward/punishment system. What most likely happened was that he missed a deadline and saw that nothing bad happened and then just said next time to himself but actually wanted to do it but still didn't manage to get it out but then he saw that people really still gave him money. So eventually he wanted to see how long he can get people to give him money. And now we are here. Honestly it's entirely the fault of the patreons. If they would just have stopped giving him money, he would have gotten his punishment and would have started making more updates. If he gets money without doing work why should he work at all? Honestly, at this point I think he quit his job and enjoys life. Maybe he's saving money for a house? Maybe he's partying all day? 150k in 20 months are 7.5k a month, which means he's getting about 90 k a year. From doing nothing.
Ya, that's what I've been saying all along. The update won't come out until his patreon starts to drop hard. Maybe in the past 20 months he's been working on the game little by little, but considering his previews I doubt that.

This game will never be finished. Gumdrops patreon will eventually drop hard, he'll start putting out more updates to make it climb back up, then he'll quit until it drops again. Even with how delusional his patrons are after a few more cycles of this I think even they will realize how gumdrop is taking advantage of them and stop re-pledging and when that happens his patreon will never climb back up so he'll never go back and work on it. Eventually this update will come, but this game is as good as dead.

Reactions: GodOfAll
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes