VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Are any of you 1 of 863 patrons on this forum? Justify your payments, why?
Besides the ones "taking one for the team" as you put it back in October? Was okay to freeload on them as long as you got yours? :rolleyes:

Why should people justify their spending, or whatever else for that matter? Told your mum about your incest fetish yet? The reason you hang about this game right? How about whatever crap you spent money on lately? None of our business right?

Over one and half year since GD got a dime of mine due to the lack of progress. And I suspect most of those that become patreon's of his does bail out once they see lack of progress too. Any long time patreon's of his either forgot they subbed, or belong to the small group of "special snowflakes" you find in every fandoms out there. Majority of his patrens just caught in a swing door, rotating in and out.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
U may find former patreons or the ones who spent 1$ to leak those pin ups.
I am one of those former patrons, and I feel it's my right, nay, duty to bitch in this thread about how big a fraud GD is. There are honest devs out there working on passion projects and getting dick all revenue, while this pretentious asshole rakes in tens of thousands of dollars for literally doing nothing.

I wonder how many people are now reluctant to support other devs financially after being burned by Gumdrop. I know I'm a lot more selective now.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I am one of those former patrons, and I feel it's my right, nay, duty to bitch in this thread about how big a fraud GD is. There are honest devs out there working on passion projects and getting dick all revenue, while this pretentious asshole rakes in tens of thousands of dollars for literally doing nothing.

I wonder how many people are now reluctant to support other devs financially after being burned by Gumdrop. I know I'm a lot more selective now.
Why? It's as simple as; Once a creator stop deliver, you stop pledge. If a creator been delivering update upon update on a regular basis. Why should you been afraid of pledge then? If its worth downloading and playing for you, it should be worth supporting too right?

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Why? It's as simple as; Once a creator stop deliver, you stop pledge. If a creator been delivering update upon update on a regular basis. Why should you been afraid of pledge then? If its worth downloading and playing for you, it should be worth supporting too right?
Gumdrop delivered regular updates at the beginning, then stopped. So what's the rule? Stop pledging after one deadline is missed or after two? Or six? Or two years like GD? If a dev I'm supporting misses a deadline do I cancel my patronage and say, "sorry dude you look to be another Gumdrop"?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Gumdrop delivered regular updates at the beginning, then stopped. So what's the rule? Stop pledging after one deadline is missed or after two? Or six? Or two years like GD? If a dev I'm supporting misses a deadline do I cancel my patronage and say, "sorry dude you look to be another Gumdrop"?
If a creator release regular, lets say like every 3 months and then start to delay and delay, you wake up and smell the breeze. It's not that hard. Creators can have delays, and the ones that honest about it is also open about it, and give reasons for it. Either you can be understanding, or you take your money and go. There is a thing such as common sense.

Reactions: lordofevilcr

Ahjgfg

Apr 19, 2018
You're new on f9?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Fatcat leaves for the military tomorrow, pretty excited for the update we should get pretty soon where gumdrop tells us that the supposed animations weren't finished before fatcat left.
Well, seeing how FatCat prepared in advance to release 1-2 animations monthly to his fans/patreons, while he in service. I think it would be hard for GD to hang the blame on him for running out of time.... If any, GD something to learn from FatCat in regard of take care of his patreons.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Fatcat leaves for the military tomorrow, pretty excited for the update we should get pretty soon where gumdrop tells us that the supposed animations weren't finished before fatcat left.
How do we know he's leaving tomorrow? I've scouted his twitter for more information on his military leave, but all I've found from him is confirmation on it.

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
Friends getting baby, engaged, Trump killing an Iranian general, I hope this time he will release it for sure.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
I could be wrong, but I read somewhere that new recruits in the Finnish military start on the 6th.
Did some digging around on the web, and I found a guy on reddit saying he would start in January 6th. I can't really find anything completely concrete though, so I guess we will have to see.

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
Did some digging around on the web, and I found a guy on reddit saying he would start in January 6th. I can't really find anything completely concrete though, so I guess we will have to see.
Fatcat already said see you in about a year today. Hes departing for military duties start today.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes