VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

ArxiDemon

Sep 27, 2017
You know Gumdrop case is a precedent. Patreon administrators should consider making some changes to prevent the rules from being abused in the future. For example, if you don't release one update every three months, you either report an break and stop donation collection for a while. Either you leave patreon as an unscrupulous developer.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You know Gumdrop case is a precedent. Patreon administrators should consider making some changes to prevent the rules from being abused in the future. For example, if you don't release one update every three months, you either report an break and stop donation collection for a while. Either you leave patreon as an unscrupulous developer.
Well, the thing is, patreon is a platform for "content creators", and as content go, it got a wide specter of t hings. Also the platform as whole is to support the creator because you "like" what they do and want to support them. Not because you want to buy something or subscribe to a service. If you don't like something don't pledge to it right? And if someone else does, well shit that is on them, not you. You have to look at patreon as a tip jar, if any.

ArxiDemon

Sep 27, 2017
You have to look at patreon as a tip jar
Very good position, especially if you haven't released updates in over two years. But tip jar isn't empty, just because. We support all creators because even those who do nothing pay us a percentage of the donations.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Very good position, especially if you haven't released updates in over two years. But tip jar isn't empty, just because. We support all creators because even those who do nothing pay us a percentage of the donations.
Uh, and here I was dumb enough to think people used common sense when tipped someone.

Quiz; Let's say you find a game by a creator that is completed, you download it, enjoy it. You check out the creators patreon, it looks like it's slow progress on whatever project they doing next. Would you be inclined to tip that jar based on what enjoyment you already got out of it? Or would you just take the stance he is an awful slacker going nowhere and doesn't deserve anything?

Would assume quite a lot of GD's patreons pledge based on what he already done, but fall short to realize when last update actually did occur. And since his game is plastered all over internet, it's not like there is a shortage of people jumping onto that train (at least for a short while).

Patreon won't enforce content outside their rules and guidelines. With the diversity of content creators on Patreon how would you see that happen? Oh, you a author are you? Writing books? Yeah, you need to complete a new book at least every 3 months, or else... :rolleyes:

If people lack the judgement call to make rational decisions, maybe they should been banned from use internet at all.

ArxiDemon

Sep 27, 2017
Oh, you a author are you? Writing books? Yeah, you need to complete a new book at least every 3 months, or else...
I certainly expected such triviality, but I hoped it wouldn't happen after all. Buddy, don't give me that sh*t. Game development and book writing are different things, they have completely different approaches and time frames. Coral and fish are not the same, even if it's all in the ocean.

Absolutely impossible to deny that if creator of game does not post updates for two years, it is his failure as a developer. The fact that Gumdrop has built around his personality cult that continues to throw money at him just for posts and pictures is another topic for conversation. There are many crazy people in the world who are willing to give up their money for nothing.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I certainly expected such triviality, but I hoped it wouldn't happen after all. Buddy, don't give me that sh*t. Game development and book writing are different things, they have completely different approaches and time frames. Coral and fish are not the same, even if it's all in the ocean.

Absolutely impossible to deny that if creator of game does not post updates for two years, it is his failure as a developer. The fact that Gumdrop has built around his personality cult that continues to throw money at him just for posts and pictures is another topic for conversation. There are many crazy people in the world who are willing to give up their money for nothing.
You the one saying in earlier post you wanted Patreon to enforce if creators didn't release anything within 3 months. Patreon isn't a "games creator" only platform, there is a wide diversity of creators there. You want special rules for particular groups? And then want Patreon to police them on top? Reality check please? Thing is, if you support something that haven't had a update in so long time, the fault on you. If people throw money at something without check closer what they throw it at, that on them as well.

You could complain to Patreon about GD not doing anything, they take one look at his posts, pics, what not. And then tell you to stop pledge if you don't get what you after. Which is more or less what their guidelines says too.

Reactions: Sage Slave

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Fatcat already said see you in about a year today. Hes departing for military duties start today.
not necessarily year, that depends if he wants to be officer or just regular soldier (on latter case he'll be back early summer).

Military? This Is serious?
all males in Finland have to spend some time in army training (165 days up to ~year depending choices) after they have turned 18 (besides some exceptions).

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
I see you young lads are filled with vigor and are hopeful as ever for the next update. I also can not wait until our Lord and Saviour GumDrop drops his final chapter that will be 1 terabyte in size.

• Haha
Reactions: botc76

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I see you young lads are filled with vigor and are hopeful as ever for the next update. I also can not wait until our Lord and Saviour GumDrop drops his final chapter that will be 1 terabyte in size.
Maybe google stadia could host it on their servers :p They need all the help they can get -)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
google stadia is doomed platform until every user has at least 1 Gbit net connection and low ping to servers.

ArxiDemon

Sep 27, 2017
You the one saying in earlier post you wanted Patreon to enforce if creators didn't release anything within 3 months.
Is this some kind of cringe trolling or what? I don't give up what I said, but that doesn't mean that a site like Patreon needs to have one rule for everyone. All this has to work considering the specifics of an activity. Isn't it so obvious to you that I even had to write about it?

You could complain to Patreon about GD not doing anything, they take one look at his posts, pics, what not. And then tell you to stop pledge if you don't get what you after. Which is more or less what their guidelines says too.
It's a very intriguing idea. You can also ask shark not to eat so much meat, of course it will be very interested in it.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Is this some kind of cringe trolling or what? I don't give up what I said, but that doesn't mean that a site like Patreon needs to have one rule for everyone. All this has to work considering the specifics of an activity. Isn't it so obvious to you that I even had to write about it?

It's a very intriguing idea. You can also ask shark not to eat so much meat, of course it will be very interested in it.
So you want Patreon to have unique rules for different kind of creators, and then have Patreon police these rules to force creators to release content on a schedule.... ? Because that make sense right? In what world of "business" does that make sense? Why not just stop pledge to, and support creators you find doesn't deliver? Whatever other people do, that is on them and eventually they wake up and smell the fertilizer too.

ArxiDemon

Sep 27, 2017
Why not just stop pledge to, and support creators you find doesn't deliver?.
Guys, why don't you just stop getting caught up in fraud schemes and promises from other dubious people. What are you, five years old? Why do you need laws that help partially prevent such cases, as well as protect those people who first came across it. Just don't be a simpleton. LOOOL

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Guys, why don't you just stop getting caught up in fraud schemes and promises from other dubious people. What are you, five years old? Why do you need laws that help partially prevent such cases, as well as protect those people who first came across it. Just don't be a simpleton. LOOOL
Hand holding and training wheels.... Because who need personal accountability any longer. You should probably wrap yourself in bubble wrap before going outside. Should stop watch any media that does influence you with advertisement as well, you might end up spend money on some crap you shouldn't.

Guess you couldn't conjure up any sensible response on how Patreon should enforce creators of every walk of life to release content on a schedule hu?

ArxiDemon

Sep 27, 2017
You should probably wrap yourself in bubble wrap before going outside.
Here we go again. Are you giving me your sh*tty analogies again, that only work within your head?

Guess you couldn't conjure up any sensible response on how Patreon should enforce creators of every walk of life to release content on a schedule hu?
I gave you a general idea of how Patreon should work so that the end consumer has a little more protection from unscrupulous creators. I suppose you have no mental pathologies and I don't have to repeat all this just in more detail? No? Great.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Here we go again. Are you giving me your sh*tty analogies again, that only work within your head?

I gave you a general idea of how Patreon should work so that the end consumer has a little more protection from unscrupulous creators. I suppose you have no mental pathologies and I don't have to repeat all this just in more detail? No? Great.
That's like say how you want to see ANYTHING should work, but doesn't make any sound logic of how. From a business point of view, and the logistic needed to enforce something like that. Good luck with that. Why don't you give Patreon a call and tell them how they should work?

You apparently feel the need to wrap people in bubble wrap, hold their hand and give them training wheels. I like more the idea of people responsible for their own choices and actions.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes