VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes
Dec 22, 2017
Didn't Milfy City release an update not long ago with no animations then released a patch later when the animations were ready? GD's excuses are pathetic. His patrons deserve better, even if they are idiots for sticking around.
No they don't anyone continuing to support this jackhole has stockholm syndrome and is gladly getting fucked royally in the ass, my problem is the mods not calling this game abandoned like their supposed to, my guess is some of them have an insidious means for doing so.

Reactions: hiya02
Dec 24, 2018
Dual family... a game made by the people for the people... You, the people,know someone that can make a good animation sex scene?
View attachment 510772
Wow, the animations weren't finished before fatcat left and now he needs a new animator? What a surprise, who could have seen that coming. Part of me wants to ask myself why gumdrop waited nearly 2 years for fatcat to finish (or I guess not finish) these supposed animations rather than just get a new one to create them in a more reasonable time-frame, especially since now after almost 2 years he has to get a new animator anyway, but who am I to question the great Gumdrop, I'm sure he has his reasons :)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018
His patrons deserve better, even if they are idiots for sticking around.
No, they really don't. I mean at this point the only way it could be any more obvious that gumdrop is a scammer is if he flat out admitted it yet they still give him money. Even an idiot should know better by now, they deserve everything they get (or in this case, everything they don't get)

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Dual family... a game made by the people for the people... You, the people,know someone that can make a good animation sex scene?
View attachment 510772
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And the prophecy becomes reality. At this point, whether you're here on F95Zone, or in his discord. If you deflect, or defend this fool for ANY reason... You are truly lost.
Wow, the animations weren't finished before fatcat left and now he needs a new animator? What a surprise, who could have seen that coming. Part of me wants to ask myself why gumdrop waited nearly 2 years for fatcat to finish (or I guess not finish) these supposed animations rather than just get a new one to create them in a more reasonable time-frame, especially since now after almost 2 years he has to get a new animator anyway, but who am I to question the great Gumdrop, I'm sure he has his reasons :)
Gentlemen, it's time to stand proud as the true prophets of this thread. We did it.
moses gif.gif

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So not worth playing if your looking for incest content then? Thats a shame for a game that makes $8,500 a month
there is dream scene with daddy and daughter (nothing /not much is shown) and with son and mommy (didn't play that route so dunno what's shown there).

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
'FatCat's delivery wasn't the result of a "pro" industry standard."

So, why, WHY, FUCKING WHY, would you hire someone who wasn't 'a professional standard animation time' to begin with? Why choose someone for your FULL-TIME project who could only commit part-time work at best?

Once again, the business sense is completely fucking mental.

(Humouring the idea he really is just that fucking awful at planning and not just milking the scam).

Eula25

Donor
Nov 30, 2018

So, why, WHY, FUCKING WHY, would you hire someone who wasn't 'a professional standard animation time' to begin with? Why choose someone for your FULL-TIME project who could only commit part-time work at best?

(Humouring the idea he really is just that fucking awful at planning and not just milking the scam).
So that you can start milking money for a long time :HideThePain:

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Better yet, why, (if we're to believe his awful fucking excuse), NOW decide to go hunting for the replacement Animator?

If you know your animator is fucking off by a set date, why has he not looked been looking to hire one in the meanwhile? Now people just gotta sit around twiddling their thumbs waiting for 'new animator to show up' while work just grinds to a halt.

(Not that any of this is real of course, it's just more time milking).

IN FACT!

MY NEXT PREDICTION! I CAN SEE IT ALL LINED UP ALREADY!

"Hey guys :) We haven't been able to find an animator quite up to our standards yet, don't worry, as soon as we get one, I'll let you guys know, and we can finally release this update.

You know me though, always an over-protective Mom, but he's a pin-up of a lovely lady to keep you keen in the meanwhile. :)"

The next line of endless excuses already building up, slowly but surely, the scam rolls on.

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
there is no wonder he keeps on doing this, he gets absolutely no come back from his discord group or patreon (well he does delete negative comments) whatsoever......... just the usual suck up brigade and Abby already kicking off about people kicking off before anyone has had chance to do so.

I just don't get the whole situation, i think it was lostraven who mentioned the whole sunk cost fallacy and that along with insanity are the only reasons my head can even attempt to reconcile the naivety of his backers and the sheer audacity of the guy to continue taking the piss

Reactions: sob

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

I would be surprised if he would be able to hire ANYONE at all (worth their salt), if they check into the history of this shit show.
Being the next "fall guy" doesn't seem like an appealing job description.

If you hire someone for over a year, and then complain their work wasn't up to standards. It's the employer that come across as incompetent, not the one that got hired. If I have to outsource some job, I bloody well make sure the one I hire up to the task, check into their previous jobs, and check upon progress. This is just a self inflicted blow to the head on the altar of incompetency.

Oh and if FatCat was able to prepare up to a year worth of animation releases to his own patreons while away in the army, it seem's highly dubious he wasn't able to get ready in time what he "supposedly" was working on for GD, that was commissioned work.

Last edited:

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
Its funny I really thought GD would come out for sure with all these lies and dramas after the fatCat incident but yet he still is continuing with the shit show, ripping $$$ from all those poor souls like that wasnt cruel enough pouring all those naive patrons with empty dreams and hopes..RIP!!

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
there is no wonder he keeps on doing this, he gets absolutely no come back from his discord group or patreon (well he does delete negative comments) whatsoever......... just the usual suck up brigade and Abby already kicking off about people kicking off before anyone has had chance to do so.

I just don't get the whole situation, i think it was lostraven who mentioned the whole sunk cost fallacy and that along with insanity are the only reasons my head can even attempt to reconcile the naivety of his backers and the sheer audacity of the guy to continue taking the piss
It's absolute Sunk Fallacy Cost in effect coupled with 'group think.'

It's a step by step approach to helping form a mini-cult dynamic.

1.) Hook - The earlier releases entice (and continue to entice) unsuspecting players. The presentation of Gumdrops despite his shadiness is very professional, people think they're buying into the real deal and sticking around.

2.) Line - Keep people constantly expecting more, the update is always 'just around the corner' but never arrives. Release just enough to keep people thinking the delay excuses are legit, (e.g. pinups, 'teaser' animations etc). Deflect criticism onto other things, e.g. FatCat leaving.

3.) Sinker - Suppress/fight against dissent via banning or deleting comments, also discourage questioning thoughts and instead encourage 'faith', people are far more likely to fall in line with others once they see everyone thinks/feels the same. Finally, allow the echo chamber to grow long enough that people get comfortable with each other and form a false 'community,' once they are there long enough, the sunk fallacy cost does the rest.

And presto, you're good to go.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
3.) Sinker - Suppress/fight against dissent via banning or deleting comments, also discourage questioning thoughts and instead encourage 'faith', people are far more likely to fall in line with others once they see everyone thinks/feels the same. Finally, allow the echo chamber to grow long enough that people get comfortable with each other and form a false 'community,' once they are there long enough, the sunk fallacy cost does the rest.

And presto, you're good to go.
Looks like they stopped ban and remove posts on the steam forums tough. Doesn't post or respond there either it seems.

Jan 9, 2019
We desperately need a new tag on F95 to label schemes like these. This is not a game, and hasn't been one for 2 years. Is there no limit that will make mods reconsider? how much longer do they need? 5 years? 10 years? some tags like [Inactive], [No development] would help (they would kick in after at least 1 year without progress and missed deadlines).

Also is there any precedent on Patreon of people funding a dead project like this for 2 years?

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes