VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
We desperately need a new tag on F95 to label schemes like these. This is not a game, and hasn't been one for 2 years. Is there no limit that will make mods reconsider? how much longer do they need? 5 years? 10 years? some tags like [Inactive], [No development] would help (they would kick in after at least 1 year without progress and missed deadlines).

Also is there any precedent on Patreon of people funding a dead project like this for 2 years?
Didn't you notice the "On Hold" tag? There is also an explanation on the first page.

• Angry
Reactions: Zellio
Jan 9, 2019
Didn't you notice the On Hold tag?
Are you new here? the [Onhold] is also put on games where the dev admits that he won't be doing anything for a while. It's labeling paused development. What this person is doing is not that at all, he is a scammer and hasn't ever admitted that he isn't doing anything. He keeps coming up with increasingly hilarious excuses that have either been proven to be a total lie or that no rational person would believe.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Didn't you notice the "On Hold" tag? There is also an explanation on the first page.
People like WinterW cry a lot. Make lot of noise, but doesn't really climb out on a limb, or venture forth to do much about anything. They wonder about "this and that" and hope someone will act on it, rather than find out for themselves. If people want to start complain about GD to patreon, why not do so? Not like their contact details is a big secret.

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
"FatCat's delivery wasn't the result of a 'pro' industry standard."

Yeah, but his project management, mostly consisting in promising release date after release date only to systematically blow every single one of them while adding increasingly lame excuses, is pure professionalism at work.

You know, I used to think that adamantium was just a fantastic metal that only existed in a fictional universe, but now I'm starting to think that Gumdrop's face and balls might actually be made of that extraordinary alloy. I bet he could effortlessly pierce fucking Fort Knox with a single swing of his indestructible balls as if they were the world's most powerful morningstar. The thing is, why would he want to do that? It's fucking easier (and safer) to keep piling up lies and ripping off a bunch of people that have time and time again been proven to be incredibly gullible, faithful, desperate, or all of the above.

In these extraordinary times, the only thing we can do is bear witness to this appalling tragicomedy, learn a few things, and tell this amazing tale of humor, betrayal, and madness to future generations.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018
We desperately need a new tag on F95 to label schemes like these. This is not a game, and hasn't been one for 2 years. Is there no limit that will make mods reconsider? how much longer do they need? 5 years? 10 years? some tags like [Inactive], [No development] would help (they would kick in after at least 1 year without progress and missed deadlines).

Also is there any precedent on Patreon of people funding a dead project like this for 2 years?
Inactive is a very perfect tag for this situation....as i said... a good animator vote by the community. Other kind will take more 2 years of waiting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Morgandr

Feb 3, 2018
I'm starting to think we were not actually prophetic. I'm pretty certain that we gave GD excellent ideas on new excuses to use in order to procrastinate this shit show again. His spy and lackey Abby must have read all of our previsions and reported everything to the shameless invertebrate, thus now we have a new excuse that looks IDENTICAL to our past previsions...

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
I'm starting to think we were not actually prophetic. I'm pretty certain that we gave GD excellent ideas on new excuses to use in order to procrastinate this shit show again. His spy and lackey Abby must have read all of our previsions and reported everything to the shameless invertebrate, thus now we have a new excuse that looks IDENTICAL to our past previsions...
Or maybe since it's been 2 years he is spouting bullshit we now know what he will said before writing another of his essays or trying to justifying himself.

Pestilence

Jul 8, 2017
Didn't Milfy City release an update not long ago with no animations then released a patch later when the animations were ready? GD's excuses are pathetic. His patrons deserve better, even if they are idiots for sticking around.
Untrue, they're getting exactly what they're paying for and that has been nothing for a substantially long time. I mean.. Who'd have thought subsidizing incompetence garners more incompetence right? At this point I honestly find it hard to argue they even deserve an update and would rather side with GD then his Patreons truth be told; Moral conundrum be damned.

Eula25

Donor
Nov 30, 2018
Untrue, they're getting exactly what they're paying for and that has been nothing for a substantially long time. I mean.. Who'd have thought subsidizing incompetence garners more incompetence right? At this point I honestly find it hard to argue they even deserve an update and would rather side with GD then his Patreons truth be told; Moral conundrum be damned.
Yes it is. It was their money they should realized that they're being milked but nothing we can do here rather than enjoying gumdrop milking his patron :BootyTime:

Reactions: Pestilence

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Took a look at his patron account, and I noticed something that I think is odd.

He has 880 patrons, but basically all of his posts get less than 15 likes. Most of them are in the single digits, even very low single digits (2-3). Comments are also rare, typically fewer than 10 and a lot of them have 0.

That is a very very low ratio, most developers with that many patrons get tens or dozens of likes and comments on every post.

So...does he actually have 880 patrons? Is it possible to create "fake" patron accounts to artificially boost his numbers?

I'm probably reading too far into that, but I feel like hundreds of very loyal patrons would like and comment a lot more on his patron posts.

Eula25

Donor
Nov 30, 2018
Took a look at his patron account, and I noticed something that I think is odd.

He has 880 patrons, but basically all of his posts get less than 15 likes. Most of them are in the single digits, even very low single digits (2-3). Comments are also rare, typically fewer than 10 and a lot of them have 0.

That is a very very low ratio, most developers with that many patrons get tens or dozens of likes and comments on every post.

So...does he actually have 880 patrons? Is it possible to create "fake" patron accounts to artificially boost his numbers?

I'm probably reading too far into that, but I feel like hundreds of very loyal patrons would like and comment a lot more on his patron posts.
Easy they forgot to cancel their pledge. Considering how long has it been since the last update :LUL:

Reactions: dozermant

Joshua eager

Apr 1, 2018
One Giant Dead, One Man Standing

Good news is one of the bastards (animations) are done, not the other though. FatCat is refunding me for the one that wasn’t completed before his military leave, meaning we’ll take the pieces and hand them off to another animator to wrap things up ASAP.

While FatCat's work was amazing and I'm excited to share it in Part X, the release is a year behind schedule; I'd say that our time, more importantly patience has far run out. The animator we contract for 1 (one) animation will need to agree with the strict, short term deadline we set or it won't be initiated with said animator in the first place.

We’ve been doing our own looking the past few days between Act II dev; if you guys have a favorite Blender and/or Overwatch adult animator, DM their name and we’ll be sure to check them out/send a message if they’re viable and can meet the deadline set.

So far as an announced date, let us grab our animator first before jumping the gun for the nth time. Let's get the hell out of the woods once and for all

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
One Giant Dead, One Man Standing

Good news is one of the bastards (animations) are done, not the other though. FatCat is refunding me for the one that wasn’t completed before his military leave, meaning we’ll take the pieces and hand them off to another animator to wrap things up ASAP.

While FatCat's work was amazing and I'm excited to share it in Part X, the release is a year behind schedule; I'd say that our time, more importantly patience has far run out. The animator we contract for 1 (one) animation will need to agree with the strict, short term deadline we set or it won't be initiated with said animator in the first place.

We’ve been doing our own looking the past few days between Act II dev; if you guys have a favorite Blender and/or Overwatch adult animator, DM their name and we’ll be sure to check them out/send a message if they’re viable and can meet the deadline set.

So far as an announced date, let us grab our animator first before jumping the gun for the nth time. Let's get the hell out of the woods once and for all
What if he dont find the animator? So its on hiatus?

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes