VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
GD said that FatCat refunded him for the animation he was supposed to do but didn't do before going to the military. Well then, if he's switching to civil service mainly because this way he'll be able to animate, AND if he already mentioned civil service in the past, that makes me think he was not so granitic about the military choice, and always wanted to continue his animations. I ask myself then, WHY would FatCat accept to do just ONE animation for GD and refund the remaining one, if his idea was to keep animating anyways? I'm telling you guys, FatCat never mentioned GD in his twitter. I'm pretty sure at this point, that the poor guy is just a scapegoat, an unaware one at that.
Could be misremembering, but im pretty sure a while back someone posted a convo with him in this thread asking him about his work with gum drop, and he wouldn't talk about it, and just said "you need to talk to gumdrop about it".

So, if I am remembering that correctly, it would seem he is aware of the scapegoating, but it's still a question as to whether GD's blame is accurate or he's just been paid to keep quiet. I lean towards believing the latter.

A.J.

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Gumdrop's announcements are so full of fun. It's like telling his update story to an audience of hunderds people, in fact the audience watches him as standup show.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Well, I wonder how long this one animation is going to take now. Gumdrop was going off on how "IT'S NOT GONNA TAKE 4 MONTHS MAN! WHOEVER WE GET IS GONNA HAVE TO WORK TO THIS STRICT DEADLINE".

And, he goes right back to the guy that took a year to almost complete his animations.

What's going to be the excuse now? "HE'S IN THE MILITARY MAN! HE CAN'T WORK ON IT ALL THE TIME!"

Reactions: Siddington

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
What's going to be the excuse now? "HE'S IN THE MILITARY MAN! HE CAN'T WORK ON IT ALL THE TIME!"
Nah it's going to be something like "we still didn't find anyone worth it to work with us" and this for the next 4-5 months and then "Yeah, good news, the animations are on track and release soon" until the end of 2020...
Maybe drop some "still waiting for the bank to unlock the refund from FatCat" in the middle to have 1 or 2 more free month.

JinXXX

Jul 12, 2017
Why? Reading FatCat's twitter, you find him mention civil service before as well. But sometimes you don't necessary get a choice in the matter. In my country you can apply for the same, but you need to give a "valid" reason why you don't want to serve regular service. No idea how it's done in Finland though, but doubt it's a "pick and chose". More based on the need.
There's really only one option. On the first day, you need to cry your eyes out to the military doctor if you want to be released from service. They will not ever release you because of physical problem. It has to be mental.

Dec 22, 2017
Why do any of you still give a fuck? This game is never getting updated pure and simple, it was actually a pretty cool game while it still existed, now guys gonna milk until the cow drops dead.

If he can continue to scam his Patreon's so fucking what, move on play another better game that actually gets updated and to be honest the only thing you should be concerned about is why this site hasn't labeled this as abandoned yet, that's what I'm curious about.

nsj

May 18, 2018
this wait is like when I first watched Dragon Ball Z waiting for planet namek to explode in 5 minutes
At least planet namek explodes eventually. Even if the next scam update is ever released, there will be no exploding in the daughter or the mother.
what is going to happen is the son fucks the daughter instead during or after the prom. So the father can have sloppy seconds (in 10 years or more) while being forced to have more sex with the cousin.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
GD is literally running the scam with lies and he wont stop until the patrons drop to Zero.He is just stretching those elastic bands as far as it can stretch and hope to make some $$$ in the process and when it does..Its just matter of time till he vanishes into thin air!

standbygames

Mar 13, 2018
Is there any evidence this fatcat guy is even a real person and not just gumdrop making a fake persona twitter account to help him continue his scam by having a fake scapegoat to blame years of delays on? The whole fatcat story just seems so fake. Who the hell would continue working with an alleged "animator" that takes literally over a year to animate a scene that most devs do in a weekend or week at most.... ?

Even if your own damn brother failed that miserably to produce work you contracted him for you would fire him after a few months... forget about some random dude you hired that didn't produce anythign for over a year. There's just no way he actually let this guy do nothing for over a year and didn't get someone else or just do it himself if he was actually working on the game instead of just scam. And then all these convuluted excuses about military and what not.. wtf This whole fatcat story makes 0 sense.

Where is the SCAM tag?

Last edited:

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
FatCat is a real dude with a proven track record online. Any blame thrown his way is probably completely unwaranted given that GumDrop has been missing deadlines all on his own before animations were even an idea. Main point the only person to blame for any delay is always going to be GumDrop.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Is there any evidence this fatcat guy is even a real person and not just gumdrop making a fake persona twitter account to help him continue his scam by having a fake scapegoat to blame years of delays on? The whole fatcat story just seems so fake. Who the hell would continue working with an alleged "animator" that takes literally over a year to animate a scene that most devs do in a weekend or week at most.... ?

Even if your own damn brother failed that miserably to produce work you contracted him for you would fire him after a few months... forget about some random dude you hired that didn't produce anythign for over a year. There's just no way he actually let this guy do nothing for over a year and didn't get someone else or just do it himself if he was actually working on the game instead of just scam. And then all these convuluted excuses about military and what not.. wtf This whole fatcat story makes 0 sense.
You have a misguided idea about hiring an artist. It's not like Fatcat was paid a salary and expected to churn out animations one after another. I suppose he was paid a commission and whatever the deal between him and GDG, there was probably an NDA involved, so we can't know the exact details and extent of their cooperation (other than Fatcat did make a segment or two). I suspect Fatcat was involuntarily used to endorse the scam and kept it going for a good deal longer.

I never actually supported GDG, though I was on the brink of supporting him three or four years ago (wow, it's been that long for about half a year worth of actual work...).

Seraphi23

Sep 4, 2017
FatCat is a real dude with a proven track record online. Any blame thrown his way is probably completely unwaranted given that GumDrop has been missing deadlines all on his own before animations were even an idea. Main point the only person to blame for any delay is always going to be GumDrop.
A delay is when you are late for a week. Maybe a month or two if you have any serious issues in life.
But two years?! LMAO.
I think this game is a clear example that throwing too much money at the dev is just as bad as the lack of support.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
A delay is when you are late for a week. Maybe a month or two if you have any serious issues in life.
But two years?! LMAO.
I think this game is a clear example that throwing too much money at the dev is just as bad as the lack of support.
It's even worse, because it takes away money from devs who actually turn out content and release regularly.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
There is no game here. This is an abandoned project and no evidence of continued work has been presented, at all: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/post-2398851 . This is impossible to explain if you assume that he is just a "milker"/slow as opposed to a scammer that is doing no work and leeching off an abandoned project.
No point in doing that here. You can argue about keywords and tags, but ultimately, f95 is simply not an official channel for GD.

After countless excuses that collapsed on their own it's clear that the scam is becoming harder to defend, hence the influx of shills lately (at least 1 of them from his discord). That's where people like you come in: you pretend to be a skeptic while promoting the idea that work is being done ("this time for real guys"), that the garbage the scammer writes has, by itself, any value. In reality, there is still no evidence and you can't get over that fundamental problem. That's why your efforts won't work. Go back to his discord if rational people tire you.
I'm not a shill (and yeah, I'm perfectly aware that's what a shill would say), and I'm going to argue otherwise. Just a sec.

I woulld like to ask again: will mods consider an [Inactive] tag for cases like these with no development for more than 1 year? the [Onhold] tag is regularly used on games with honest devs, who admit they won't be doing anything for a while. Putting obvious scams like these under the same label is unfair to honest devs. Some differentiation is needed. It would be a nice addition to the forums considering that situations like these will likely become more common in the future.
While they're at it, why not add [Inactive], [Retired], [Semi-active], [Abandoned], [Deprecated], etc.? In my opinion, a single "Onhold" tag (plus another "Completed" tag) captures all instances of changes well and does not impose any judgment.

This is the reason why these shills are so suspicious. Why would they care about people being "too tough" on someone they themselves claim not to trust? not a very natural position to have. Something tells me that they are afraid to be honest about themselves (like the discord shill caught before).
It's perfectly natural. An analogy would be that you don't own a gun yourself, but you're against gun control laws. Or that you don't have a driver's licence and you dislike cars, but you don't call for banning personal car ownership.

Sure, it would be great to see all his supporters withdraw their support, but it's not going to happen. Sure, Patreon could step in and disable his account, but on what basis? I mean, what would be the exact reason for it that's in their terms of use?

There's literally NOTHING that compels anyone posting on patreon to do anything for patrons or to treat higher tiers better than lower tiers. There are many creators who don't offer anything extra on patreon and still have patrons because they want to support the creator. Would you ban that? There are creators who have different support tiers but still don't offer anything extra above what they give out for free.
Your proposal would ban the possibility for actual patronage.

From our perspective, number of patrons and amount pledged per month is meaningless. Some creators require instant payments, some don't. You can (or at least could) subscribe to the latter with an invalid (expired, etc.) card and pledge a million dollars. That million will show up on the creator's page, but it will obviously never be transferred. However, the amount pledged will remain shown on the page until it's withdrawn.
If your card expires, your pledge still shows up on the creator's page even if you haven't made actual payments for months or years.
Same goes for supporter count -- lapsed memberships that are stored with an expired card still show up.

For all we know, GDG could hopefully have maybe 10 paying patrons.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes