VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
Tho i agree that the abandon tag is necessary but last year theyre reluctant to give it the abandon tag and moderator even argue he still posting "something" until to this day. So whats change?? Im really surprised to be honest, i dont see this coming.
Are you new to the Internet? Administrators/moderators break their rules all the times. They don't need any reason for that. :p
And I'm not talking about this site, but in general.

Last edited:

Esens424

Jun 4, 2017
Ive been looking around the site and several games I liked, or even found moderately interesting, never finished and ended up with the abandoned tag on it... So Im wondering whats the rules or practices trying to pick it up and carry it on like we would have liked to see it go / felt it might go etc ? Just slap a mod tag on it and go to town? Or like Ive seen many "re - make" attempts at other games.. just curious..

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
Ive been looking around the site and several games I liked, or even found moderately interesting, never finished and ended up with the abandoned tag on it... So Im wondering whats the rules or practices trying to pick it up and carry it on like we would have liked to see it go / felt it might go etc ? Just slap a mod tag on it and go to town? Or like Ive seen many "re - make" attempts at other games.. just curious..
This is a pirate site, just do what you want with the project you're talking about either a mod or total remake in your vision. If you dont wanna feel guilty just ask the creator of said project if you can create a mod/remake and slap your name on it. If you're talking about making a patreon page using someone else's work well then you're just gonna get banned from said website.

Esens424

Jun 4, 2017
This is a pirate site, just do what you want with the project you're talking about either a mod or total remake in your vision. If you dont wanna feel guilty just ask the creator of said project if you can create a mod/remake and slap your name on it. If you're talking about making a patreon page using someone else's work well then you're just gonna get banned from said website.
Naaah I dont have the time to devote to something like that -- besides its more for my own hobbying / honing of my skills kinda thing .. could care less about the Patreon thing especially since it would be something to do in my spare time... which can be kind of erratic with my work .. so I couldnt even think about asking for $$ for something I couldnt actually make some kind of committment to.. and then figure out if it sucks or not first lol!!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
unless i'm wrong only updates this has gotten have been those preview pics and even those had very little to do with game.

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
unless i'm wrong only updates this has gotten have been those preview pics and even those had very little to do with game.
You are wrong. There was a small bugfix release published on Steam (Sep 19, 2019). Before then, 0.0.99 was published on Game Jolt (Apr 25, 2018), and extended edition with Nude Pinups was published a bit later (Aug 17, 2018). What's more, GD released a standalone DLC last year - Last Christmas (Jan 3, 2019).
But apart from that (bugfixes + nude pinups + DLC), there was no feature updates in the main game since early 2018.

Last edited:

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Well, the abandoned tag should have been slapped on this a year ago when this animation delay bullshit started, but hey. Better late than never.

And speaking of a year later.

Here we are past the 1 year mark for these animations, and looks like theres more waiting to be had. Now it looks like Gumdrop is having hardware issues as well. Didnt see that coming at all.
Wait what he has got hardware issues ?? he made so many money he should able to afford many new pc's with the ammount he earned these past 2 years doing shit..:poop: This is no excuse..

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
I personally don't think this guy is a scammer or deserves so much negative feedback thrown at him. He did some great work til now. I do still support him and saw how much stuff he does and unlike many other devs, he updates everyone with his work.

I mean most people who throw so much negative feedback are just leechers anyway. Not sure what they're expecting with so much hate just don't bother with this game then.

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
this game has the most bueautiful looking characters i've ever seen. i love the work, wish it would last but still. best looking girl, and that's something alright.
He actually put for most scenes animations now and changed the story a lot. I'm pretty sure once he finally releases a stable build most haters here will unzip their pants and forgot their pride lol

Jan 9, 2019
He actually put for most scenes animations now and changed the story a lot. I'm pretty sure once he finally releases a stable build most haters here will unzip their pants and forgot their pride lol
Stop shilling for a scammer. Here is the hard truth: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851 . Scammers like this dude are the scum of society, no reason to defend him. He repeatedly lied, and never explained why he made up those lies, why would you keep defending him?

Now we need a final Captain's log to put this scam to rest for good.

Last edited:

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
Stop shilling for a scammer. Here is the hard truth: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851 . Scammers like this dude are the scum of society, no reason to defend him. He literally repeatedly lied, and never explained why he made up those lies, why would you keep defending him?
Well he did put a ton more content than that actually. New content by the way. But lets say he's indeed a scammer then I have to live with my mistake. He bought my attention with his unique story setting. But ultimately i might be gambling here which is right.

ODDDDDDDDDDy

May 21, 2018
I personally don't think this guy is a scammer or deserves so much negative feedback thrown at him. He did some great work til now. I do still support him and saw how much stuff he does and unlike many other devs, he updates everyone with his work.

I mean most people who throw so much negative feedback are just leechers anyway. Not sure what they're expecting with so much hate just don't bother with this game then.
I haven't been following this game as long as most people here so I don't know the entire history of game development. So someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember GD saying he would release the update sometime in late January of LAST YEAR but then delayed it, then literally 8 MONTHS later he announced another release date for next month in September and then delayed that one too.

I usually don't care about what people do with their own money but how do you support someone that has been SO completely off the mark when it comes to releasing an update. Aren't you even a little bit suspicious?

I don't know anything about developing these types of games but I feel like some devs with a similar amount of skill and support as GD wouldn't take nearly 2 years to release an update this big.

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
I usually don't care about what people do with their own money but how do you support someone that has been SO completely off the mark when it comes to releasing an update. Aren't you even a little bit suspicious?
I personally like good stories and from what I've read of his changes so far it kinda draw me to support him. But I'll see how it goes and I might stop it depending on the situation. If he turns out truly be a scammer I still can "according to the law in my country" and patreons guidelines (policy) sue him. And I sued a lot of guys already so I've plenty of experiences with it.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes