VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Honga

Jan 31, 2019
uh whys the blonds boobs like down to her knees? :ROFLMAO: does the dev fix that?
:) nice observation. I have never ever played this game, and never will be, but i recognized the same issue while checking out the preview images. Them hanging boobs are definately the championsleague of....
And to answer ur question: OF COURSE NO, the dev is never going to fix that LOL. This game is as dead as walkers. Dead OBV but ready to do a move when theres an opportunity to leech on victims

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I'm amazed at the patronage, but he does update his patreon page and puts up paid renders/previews.... there was even an announcement for part X release in may? Seems if he keeps making regular posts, patrons will continue to support him.

Jan 9, 2019
Reactions: yep10 and sob

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Lol, mother is the best part of this scam. She actually looks like a mother.
I prefer the daughter, but I too like that the Mom and her sister look like moms!
One of my pet peeves for games in general is the tendency of the creators to make the kids smaller than their parents, even when grown up. There are enough e.g. Girls as tall or taller than their parents in real life. Unfortunately you often see only "dwarf-kids" in games.

qsad

Jan 5, 2018
Lol, mother is the best part of this scam. She actually looks like a mother.
I agree. I still think the two pairs of mothers and daughters in this "game" are the best part...well the aunt to lesser extent but the rest of them are near perfect

He is doing no work whatsoever, this is purely a scam, abandoned in 2018. See: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851
Preach brother!

I prefer the daughter, but I too like that the Mom and her sister look like moms!
One of my pet peeves for games in general is the tendency of the creators to make the kids smaller than their parents, even when grown up. There are enough e.g. Girls as tall or taller than their parents in real life. Unfortunately you often see only "dwarf-kids" in games.
Well it might be because of the fact that the so called "shota" genre is really popular these days and often times incest is associated with shota and age difference, maybe because this is the most logical path for this sort of thing.
But then again this is fantasy so who cares especially when it comes to nukige and "high amount of sexual content and little to no amount of story and progression"

Well here's a little seek peak at the upcoming PS5 exclusive AAA game titled "The Dual Family coming soon edition"
To be released as a launch title for the console as a pre-installed game that comes with free skin DLC for GTAV :
u_sud_04_1-Copy.png

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Two months ago (as of April). I already wrote about it.
He was receiving about $9.50 (give or take 10¢) per patron before then, his maximum was almost $11, but that was a long time ago. His more recent maximum was $10.05 or something like that.

As for the reason, I think it's because he was fully aware he's not going to make the May 23rd deadline, so he hid his earnings to prevent his patrons noticing that people are lowering their pledges after this latest debacle which in turn prevents a snowball effect since as people notice that, they follow suit.

If nothing changed, he's still earning somewhere between $9 and $10 per patron, but if people lowered their pledges (so they have access to news posts, but ignore his higher priced galleries and polls), it might be way lower.

Gumdrop did hit his historic local low (after he plateaued) this month with 656 patrons, when the previous low was 662 in April 2019.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Do you seriously think he's learning it? I checked the tutorial. If he simply wanted to render the two animations that fatcat prepared for him, he just needed to substitute his content (models, faces, morphs, textures) for the generic paperdolls. 50-50 chance it would work out fine and no extensive fixes are needed. His fanatics would simply lap it up.

Most of us agree that he wasn't doing anything for the last two years and nobody seriously believes that he was working on and off.
FWIW, I think he did try to put together a release for May 23rd, but he underestimated his laziness and thought it would be easy to render the animations in Blender (as it should have been) and would be left with enough time to finally write, code and render part X, but instead of putting any hard work between March and May, he thought it would magically appear because of his awesomeness.

• Haha
Reactions: Silk_Ari

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I have a hard time putting all the blame on him. Is what he is doing unethical, Yes. Is it illegal? No. Are all his patrons dumb? Doubtful? Can he really have that many dumb people supporting him? Maybe a small percentage but obviously not all. Is it their right to support him? Yes.

What bothers me is the support he has and the little he has to show for it. There's no doubt in my mind he should have released this game a long time ago and there's no doubt he's not using the money generated by his Patreon fully into producing the game, as it should because that's the contract between him and his patrons. It's clear there's something fishy, but again, who's fault is it in the end? The Patrons or him?

Reactions: gamersglory

sob

Apr 3, 2017
fotogaik I started with "If". You may be right, but I still think he abandoned the game 2 years ago.

He could've hired a decent Dev that abandoned his project due to low support or something that still wanted to work on making games and for 2k a month with some guidance about story and renders he could make an update every 2-3 months.
But doing 3 zoomed in renders and 2 polls a month for 7k+ dollars is easier.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I know, right?
I suggested earlier that he could hire a copywriter, a coder and a CGI artist for $1,000 each and he'd be churning out chapters like nobody's business and would probably be up to several thousand patrons by now.
Some people here gave him the benefit of doubt when it came to hiring and managing a team of people, and sure, I agree, managing a team is difficult, and if you don't outsource to anyone, you don't have to deal with it.
And that's perfectly fine.
But then gumdrop said that he did have a team and he's been having problems with it. So it's no longer excusable. I mean, you can find a lot of freelancers who would do a lot for a thousand bucks per month (or per release).

But the way, it opens up another possibility regarding why he's hiding his revenue on Patreon. He doesn't want his team members to see how much he's earning, so he's shortchanging them. But that would mean he only hired them back in April.

Reactions: LewdBoiWinston
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes